Faded/Outdated/Not Licensed Cards gear, what do you think

What do you guys think of faded/outdated/not licensed gear

• Total voters

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this question for a while, and I am wondering what the rest of you think about this.

Should a Cards fan wear a 10 year old jersey? Is it good because it shows how long you are a fan? Or should you have clean, new gear every year to cheer on the Cards.

What about getting a $10 shirt at WalMart, what do you guys think of this.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The older the better, and the cooler the apparel is, IMO

I like trying to get a new Cardinals baseball cap every year or every other year.

Apparel is apparel whether it be a sweat shirt, or a pair of undies. Whether it is from Pro Shop or Forman Mills.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The older the better, and the cooler the apparel is, IMO

I like trying to get a new Cardinals baseball cap every year or every other year.

Apparel is apparel whether it be a sweat shirt, or a pair of undies. Whether it is from Pro Shop or Forman Mills.

It seems like at every game, I can hear people laughing and pointing at a "eBay fake" or a "Wal Mart" special.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this question for a while, and I am wondering what the rest of you think about this.

Should a Cards fan wear a 10 year old jersey? Is it good because it shows how long you are a fan? Or should you have clean, new gear every year to cheer on the Cards.

Nobody over 40 should wear a jersey. TShirt or Polo for us old guys. The WalMart stuff is fine especially since during the lean years they were one of the few places outside the team shop where you could actually find Cards gear.

Wearing old jerseys even of guys no longer on the team is ok. Especially if you do it by mistake.

The #1 taboo is you don't wear a jersey of a team that is not playing that day. Like showing up to a Cards/49ers game wearing a Jets jersey. That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody over 40 should wear a jersey. TShirt or Polo for us old guys. The WalMart stuff is fine especially since during the lean years they were one of the few places outside the team shop where you could actually find Cards gear.

Wearing old jerseys even of guys no longer on the team is ok. Especially if you do it by mistake.

The #1 taboo is you don't wear a jersey of a team that is not playing that day. Like showing up to a Cards/49ers game wearing a Jets jersey. That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Last year we saw someone wearing a Barry Bonds jersey.

chicards11

Registered
Reaction score

Eh.....certain special cases could apply. For instance....I went to tennesse with my bear fan buddies and we saw the bears vs. titans game. Being the cards fan I am, I wore my Chuck Cecil jersey because he was coaching their secondary......

on the walk over to the stadium from the hotel Cecil's sisiter and brother in law were driving by in their shiney new BMW and saw my jersey.....gave us 50 yard line seats bout 7 rows up for free.....we scalped our uppers for face and went in.

Whenever i goto bear games in chicago i sports some kind of cards gear, i might stop though. Seems to really piss off bear fans for some reason.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems like at every game, I can hear people laughing and pointing at a "eBay fake" or a "Wal Mart" special.

Rule number 1:

People, in general, are aholes.

Write that down, fold it up and put it in your pocket. There are no other rules.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's cool. I would love to have a Phoenix Cardinals T.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it matters what you wear....seriously are you gonna get pissed off at me for wearing an Eric Swann jersey?

Read some of the responses above. I think it matters.

I didn't add it to my poll question, but I flip out when I see Cowboys gear at Cards games. Don't know why.

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score

You don't have to spend a bunch of money to be a good fan.

DaisyCutter

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Man, it depends. If you're going to wear a jersey, then you should get a real jersey. I don't really like to see the screen-printed faux-jerseys on tee-shirts. It's okay for kids, because they'll outgrow it in six months or whatever. But a replica jersey is like $60. Make the investment.

Old jerseys are pretty cool if they're in solid condition. But if the numbers have faded to pink and you can barely make out the Arizona flag on the shoulders? Make the investment.

Unlicensed merch and stuff is fine. I still have the A&F-looking sideline hat from like 2000. It's totally sweat through and there are some dried up fish scales and alge on it. But I still wear it every non-football Sunday.

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score

It's kinda funny how it's the reverse of the rule about concerts... that is, you're a giant dork if you go to a concert wearing the shirt of the band that's playing.

And while I agree with you, I also dig chicards11's thing with wearing the Chuck Cecil jersey. I guarantee you, if I went to a Cards game, I'd be wearing my Rams Warner jersey. (If he were going to play, anyway.) It wouldn't be as cool as the Cecil thing because everybody and their dog in St. Louis has an old Warner jersey, but the point stands, IMO.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not problem with what you wear.

BTW, I am selling my Cards bedroom set real cheap. Let me know, here is a picture of it. I got it off E-Bay.

You must be registered for see images

:D

Last edited:

BigShtank

The heat dun frieded my brain
Reaction score
No problem with wearing old school jerseys. I still wear my Swann jersey pre-game, before changing to my nice new Fitz jersey. As long as the jersey is of a guy that was a pro-bowler here, I think it's fine.

Eric Swann, yes. Emmitt Smith, no. Aeneas Williams, yes. David Boston, no. Plummer, yes because he beat Dallas in the playoffs. Simeon Rice, hell no, burn that jersey if you still have it.

As for the fake jerseys from wally world, for the wives/girlfriends and kids, I'll allow it. For the guys, no. Pony up for a real jersey. T-shirts, it doesn't matter where you got it, sport it.

I'll keep my Swann jersey until I'm 80 years old and beyond. Here's a tip too, wash it, but don't put it in the dryer. Mine still looks like new and none of the paint has cracked or faded.

Last edited:

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is the belly. The belly makes the call.

I've got a 42 Lassiter in xl but the 44 belly now demands an xxl tall or even a 3xl tall. Ditto the Vanden Bosch.

The team shop thinks men's sizes max out at xl.

BigShtank

The heat dun frieded my brain
Reaction score
The problem is the belly. The belly makes the call.

I've got a 42 Lassiter in xl but the 44 belly now demands an xxl tall or even a 3xl tall. Ditto the Vanden Bosch.

The team shop thinks men's sizes max out at xl.

and hat sizes at 7 1/2. Some of us have huge heads. Even the d-backs don't carry over 7 1/2.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Yeah I personally think older the better or even throwbacks are cool too, since alot of these players move around too much. I wear my Jerry Rice and my Montana to games all the time and now I'll wear my Patrick Willis this upcoming year. I think its cool if you have old gear though...

But it doesnt matter where you get it at, at Wal-Mart or NFL Shop, imho as long as it has your team on it, then you're fine

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05