Favorite Cardinals Win

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I don't remember the year but I believe Larry Centers was playing and we played the Cowboys.

I think we even lost that game, don't remember but I do remember that the team played it's ass off, guys leaping, diving, scratching and clawing, I have never been more proud of them, it was close, they left it all on the field that day.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember the year but I believe Larry Centers was playing and we played the Cowboys.

I think we even lost that game, don't remember but I do remember that the team played it's ass off, guys leaping, diving, scratching and clawing, I have never been more proud of them, it was close, they left it all on the field that day.

was that the infamous no PI on Rob Moore on the last play of the game in the endzone where we battled back from 35-7 and lost 35-28? We went on to kick their ass in the wild-card round that year.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Beating the Chargers to get to the playoffs, duh.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
was that the infamous no PI on Rob Moore on the last play of the game in the endzone where we battled back from 35-7 and lost 35-28? We went on to kick their ass in the wild-card round that year.

most blatant non call on a PI I've ever witnessed. The Snake was on fire that 2nd half. I still luv the way they painted the endzones that day with the state of AZ flag & the bird in the middle...badass!!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greatest play ever to end a Cardinals football game. No doubt.

that or Jacke's kissed by God 53 yarder to put us into the playoffs.

but yeah, being at that GB playoff game for that ridiculous swing back and forth and just explosion on the final play was something you just don't see that often in football.

i mean, basketball has last second buzzer beaters, basbeball has walk-offs, but NFL football almost NEVER has sudden death DEFENSIVE walk off scores.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
most blatant non call on a PI I've ever witnessed. The Snake was on fire that 2nd half. I still luv the way they painted the endzones that day with the state of AZ flag & the bird in the middle...badass!!!

yeah, I was always mad they never brought those endzones back. they were SICK.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching on TV: the 38-0 win over Dallas on Monday night. I was just a kid but I remember 40 year was in a square dance group with my Great Grand Parents and had come over to watch the game.

Best live: that's tough. I'd have to say the '97 Dallas game. 2003 Vikings game is probably 2nd.

And what was that game where the newspaper guy said we shouldn't go to the game or should wear paper bags? I'll never forget everyone yelling at him as he left the field with team after the Cards won.

Other great moments: The game where after 37 beers I sloshed back in the stadium to score Jersey Girl a bobble head doll.

The 16-15 win over the Redskins where we had the Nigerian Nightmare bus ride from the Vine. Aeneas 100+ yard TD return.

The old halftime meets at SDS where you had to remind Kooter that you just talked to him last Sunday because he'd have no idea who you were.

And of course every game in Sec 28 at SDS with Jstadvl and AZCards21 and earlier in the loge with JRein. Great times.

:koolaid:

Yeah, your great grandma was one good looking gal. I guess you took after the other side of the family.:D

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score

It seems to me it was earlier than that and I don't remember us being good, which we were that year, well relatively so.

I just remember it's the only game other than the Rams beating us in the playoffs that I ever shed a tear over.

Never seen something like it before or since, was just amazing.

I really miss playing the Cowboys twice a year, some of my fondest memories are of years where we stunk but managed to beat them ONCE.

dylanbw

Registered
Reaction score
1997 week 2 OT win vs Dallas was one of my favorites. Naked bootleg to Pat Carter and the 2pt to tie and then the Butler did it in ot!!! Fans rushing the field and carrying the goal post out of the stadium. I remember hanging over the tunnel and yelling "we beat the f'ing cowboys" and Michael Bankston stopped and turned around w/ a huge grin and said "f yeah". That week tied for 1st place was special.

Can't believe this win doesn't have more votes. We had lost like 14 in a row to the Cowboys at the time.....man was that a sweet win!! The photo of the fans carrying that goalpost out of the stadium was my screensaver at work for nearly 7 years (until I left that job). Sadly I have many friends that are Cowboys fans....boy was it fun leaving them all voicemails that night!!!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marcus Dowdell!!! Wasnt that last drive like 93 yard or something and no timeouts if I remember correctly, good times @ SDS

That was a great moment for sure. He caught that pass directly in front of me.

I remember they put Ray Rhodes up on the jumbotron a few moments after the TD and he looked absolutely sick.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't believe this win doesn't have more votes. We had lost like 14 in a row to the Cowboys at the time.....man was that a sweet win!! The photo of the fans carrying that goalpost out of the stadium was my screensaver at work for nearly 7 years (until I left that job). Sadly I have many friends that are Cowboys fans....boy was it fun leaving them all voicemails that night!!!

That night was hotter than hell and was undoubtedly Kent Graham's best comeback as a Cardinal. What I remember is that Butler's winning kick hit the post and it was a chippy because Larry Centers had almost taken a little pass all the way to the endzone. Even a chipshot FG against the Cowboys at that time was no gimmee. We had lost something like 50 straight games to them at the time.

Seandonic

Gotta love that Cardinal red!
Reaction score
I know it's not a popular choice but...this one:http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2008091410/2008/REG2/dolphins@cardinals#tab:recap

It was the first time I knew the Cardinals were legit. There were other great games that came before but they felt hollow, as if they were wins and momentum that would never be sustained. And when I say knew, I mean I just really knew, that after this particular game, these Cards were headed for a new level and something great awaited. A warm fuzzy feeling (no, I wasn't drinking) came over me during and after that game as I realized the suffering was abating, at least for a while.

In retrospect, knowing this early that this team was headed for the playoffs and would be different than the Cards teams of the past, brought a level of personal satisfaction as well.

The Cowboys game later that year was also huge and is a close second for me.

With that said, the playoff games of that year and the following years game against Green Bay are the real gems. The NFC championship game against the Eagles is my favorite (playoff game or not) game.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's not a popular choice but...this one:http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2008091410/2008/REG2/dolphins@cardinals#tab:recapIt was the first time I knew the Cardinals were legit. There were other great games that came before but they felt hollow, as if they were wins and momentum that would never be sustained. And when I say knew, I mean I just really knew, that after this particular game, these Cards were headed for a new level and something great awaited. A warm fuzzy feeling (no, I wasn't drinking) came over me during and after that game as I realized the suffering was abating, at least for a while.

In retrospect, knowing this early that this team was headed for the playoffs and would be different than the Cards teams of the past, brought a level of personal satisfaction as well.

The Cowboys game later that year was also huge and is a close second for me.

With that said, the playoff games of that year and the following years game against Green Bay are the real gems. The NFC championship game against the Eagles is my favorite (playoff game or not) game.

Didn't the phins install their successful wildcat offense the next week against New England, I think, and beat them?. I think they would've trounced the Cards if they had done it to them

Seandonic

Gotta love that Cardinal red!
Reaction score
Didn't the phins install their successful wildcat offense the next week against New England, I think, and beat them?. I think they would've trounced the Cards if they had done it to them
The Dolphins did install the wild-cat and they did subsequently clobber the Pats. Which...is another reason I like this game. The Cards beat Miami so bad, the phins had to go to the woodshed and come out the next week with a whole new game-plan. That's what you call a butt whuppin. At least that's the way I like to see it.:D

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score

The win was very ugly if I remember correctly.

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score

that game could have been up there as one of the best. I thought that Jake would have a lot of great games following that one, unfortunately didn't turn out that way.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
#1 NFC Championship versus Eagles
#2 playoffs versus Packers
#3 game versus Atlanta Plummers rookie year. Last game of the year and Jake brings them back for a win. Made me believe we finally had a real QB

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
For me, it was the last game of the season, (Bugel's), 10-6 win over the Giants to put us at 8 and 8 for the year. We won by running the ball, and keeping possession, as much as we did by playing VERY tough 'D'. Still, Mr. Bidwill chose to fire Joe and replace him with Bodacious Buddy Ryan, because Bugel failed to have a winning season. It didn't matter that Bugel went 5-3 in the last 8 games.

We got the 'Winner in Town' the next year, and we all know where that got us.