Fire Clancy Now

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
No discipline. Cant stop the run. Overpursueing. Bad Penalties. Believe it or not, this team has some talent on defense but you wouldnt know it coz every guy is out of position half the time.

And now they are running the old 46 defense to try and stop Alexander? It is ridiculous, embarrassing, and something eneds to be done.

I really liked Clancy last year but like one of the announcers said, the NFL scouted him and changed the way they play the Cardinals but Clancy failed to do the same.

Lets get rid of him while we can and by the way Clancy take that overhyped, overexposed, crybaby Dockett with you.

I am pissed right now.

DesertSwarmBAS

Future Ambulance Chaser
Reaction score
I agree with you. You would think that Clancy would take into account that Seattle has no passing game and will try to run the ball all over us, and make adjustments accordingly. This team is worse than ASU(i am a proud alum) at stopping the run. Unfreakinbelievable. I feel like pulling my hair out.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
No discipline. Cant stop the run. Overpursueing. Bad Penalties. Believe it or not, this team has some talent on defense but you wouldnt know it coz every guy is out of position half the time.

And now they are running the old 46 defense to try and stop Alexander? It is ridiculous, embarrassing, and something eneds to be done.

I really liked Clancy last year but like one of the announcers said, the NFL scouted him and changed the way they play the Cardinals but Clancy failed to do the same.

Lets get rid of him while we can and by the way Clancy take that overhyped, overexposed, crybaby Dockett with you.

I am pissed right now.

Upset are we? Fire Clancy? What do you think about firing Green?

OP
OP
LVCARDFREAK

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
red desert said:
Upset are we? Fire Clancy? What do you think about firing Green?
Yeah coz he should be in the trenches helping to stop the run. :rolleyes:

How about we fire you and your tired ass from posting here? that would be much better! :D

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
To me the stupid slanted DT technique is responsible for most of our problems stopping the run.

It's awful, I don't know anyone esle that runs it and yet we love it.

I'd like to see it go bye bye myself.

OP
OP
LVCARDFREAK

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
To me the stupid slanted DT technique is responsible for most of our problems stopping the run.

I know coz if Clancy wasnt handcuffed by that he would be a world beater running the 46 defense huh? :rolleyes:

Good god did you watch the game? They barely ran the slant defense except first downs. They were either in that 46, or the 3 man front when it was 3rd and long.

I am not found of the slant either but what happened today was just piss poor gameplanning and bad tackling.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole problem with this team is the OL. Everything hinges on it. The running game, which opens up play action passes, which allows ball control to run down the clock, which keeps your defense fresh and off the field, etc.

Until this team does something here there will be no success.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
conraddobler said:

Relying too heavily on undersized lineman doesn't help either

OP
OP
LVCARDFREAK

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
RedStorm said:
The whole problem with this team is the OL. Everything hinges on it. The running game, which opens up play action passes, which allows ball control to run down the clock, which keeps your defense fresh and off the field, etc.

Not true, we had the ball for almost 4 minutes longer than they did.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
RedStorm said:
And how many yards rushing did we have? When you throw the ball only three things can happen and two of them are bad.

It's like every game someone figures out a O linemen of ours and the next 4 plays is running wild 5 yards behind the LOS about a milisecond after the ball is snapped, it's friggin unreal.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
It's like every game someone figures out a O linemen of ours and the next 4 plays is running wild 5 yards behind the LOS about a milisecond after the ball is snapped, it's friggin unreal.

Don't get me wrong. I am a Card fan. Matter of fact I had to pay up because I took the Cards against Dallas. Stupid me.

Also, I am a realist (sometimes we are called Darksiders but we are just realists). This team needs to address the OLine. Maybe coaching or players or both but this should be the focus from here on out. Have we had a 100 yd rushing game for a RB yet this season?

OP
OP
LVCARDFREAK

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
RedStorm said:
And how many yards rushing did we have? When you throw the ball only three things can happen and two of them are bad.

BTW...Read this and then talk to me...

Secret to Seattle's success is in O-line

I am not doubting that this team needs to fix the oline...to the contrary. But the oline didnt "lose" this game. Warner passed for over 300 yards and the team rushed for, what 80 yards? The best it has all season. Warner was only sacked 2 times (i think).

The problem was Seattle ran the ball down our throats. Everyone on this board saw it coming, it isnt a suprise.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
I am not doubting that this team needs to fix the oline...to the contrary. But the oline didnt "lose" this game. Warner passed for over 300 yards and the team rushed for, what 80 yards? The best it has all season. Warner was only sacked 2 times (i think).

Warner turned the ball over 4 times and was sacked 5 times (3 times in the first half alone), he was also pressured a number of times.

This might have been one of the Line's best games but thats just sad that this was our best

The problem was Seattle ran the ball down our throats. Everyone on this board saw it coming, it isnt a suprise.

Can't stop the run, can't run the ball you can't win in this league

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
RedStorm said:

Exactly. And until we address it we are going nowhere. It all starts up front.

Seattle has the best leftside of an o-line in the NFL. And they have one of the most prolific offenses because of it.

Last edited:

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Yeah coz he should be in the trenches helping to stop the run. :rolleyes:

How about we fire you and your tired ass from posting here? that would be much better! :D

Yes, I am the problem. Talk to Chris. Trust me, my life revolved around the Cardinals when I was 20 years old, but now, it's just a hobby. Don't be so self absorbed, dude. I'm just expressing my frustration for the team, and the coaching. So, unless, you own this board, chill.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
If anybody should 'chill', it's you. After a loss, you are on here like clock work and start posting over and over again about Green and how you blame him for everything. It is freakin tired.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:

I am pissed right now.

I said in a different thread that I think this D (which is basically last years D) doesn't suck but is over-rated. Alot of the stuff you discuss is coaching and some youth. For whatever reason, this defense doesn't have the internal fire to try and stop the run and I don't understand why.

I do wonder where Dockett has been hiding. One of the only times I heard his name today was when he tried leaving the field but had to turn around and go back when it was pointed out the Cards were out of DL.

There are more talentyed players on this D and roster but this is not a better TEAM.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Redsz said:
If anybody should 'chill', it's you. After a loss, you are on here like clock work and start posting over and over again about Green and how you blame him for everything. It is freakin tired.

Well maybe if yon hero would coach us to more victories we could avoid Redz tirades.

I'd appreciate that.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Football is a rather simple game, that's why most of America follows it. Success in football is simple also & it boils down to 2 things. Running the ball & stopping the run. The game is won & loss in the trenches, always has & always will. This team is awful at so may things, but if I had to rebuild it, I would start with both lines.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
Well maybe if yon hero would coach us to more victories we could avoid Redz tirades.

I'd appreciate that.

My tirades?

If my 'hero' could coach maybe we could avoid the general sillyness that occours after a loss. But I see you think it's way more fun to fly off the handle about everything.

OP
OP
LVCARDFREAK

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
I said in a different thread that I think this D (which is basically last years D) doesn't suck but is over-rated. Alot of the stuff you discuss is coaching and some youth. For whatever reason, this defense doesn't have the internal fire to try and stop the run and I don't understand why.

I do wonder where Dockett has been hiding. One of the only times I heard his name today was when he tried leaving the field but had to turn around and go back when it was pointed out the Cards were out of DL.

There are more talentyed players on this D and roster but this is not a better TEAM.

I would agree with that in certain areas. I think our DT's and (right now) starting CB's are overrated. I also think that this defense has a lot of speed but is not being used the correct ways.

IMO there is no need to try and ru the old 46 defense when you have a couple of undersized DT.s That is , and a great MLB, the cornerstone of making a 46 defense work.

I think guys like Dansby -who overpursues on what seems like every play-, and Wilson -who seems to make dumb penalties at the wrong times- and Dockett-who gets swallowed up when going against an even halfway decent Guard- are all good, or will be good, but are just not disciplined enough to run the defense as a team right now. I liked Clancy last year and thought he was a big bright spot for the Cards, but I am just wondering why he can seem toget these guys on the same page?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
I would agree with that in certain areas. I think our DT's and (right now) starting CB's are overrated. I also think that this defense has a lot of speed but is not being used the correct ways.

IMO there is no need to try and ru the old 46 defense when you have a couple of undersized DT.s That is , and a great MLB, the cornerstone of making a 46 defense work.

I think guys like Dansby -who overpursues on what seems like every play-, and Wilson -who seems to make dumb penalties at the wrong times- and Dockett-who gets swallowed up when going against an even halfway decent Guard- are all good, or will be good, but are just not disciplined enough to run the defense as a team right now. I liked Clancy last year and thought he was a big bright spot for the Cards, but I am just wondering why he can seem toget these guys on the same page?

It seems to me, the reason everyone was so high on the D last year was the fact they were generating TO's and flying around but I think the undisciplined play was still there. The balls were just bouncing their way last year and this year they aren't as much (examples are the two SEA fumbles the Cards couldn't jump on...last year, I think they get those). But I believe that last year, the same issues were present as this year but were hidden better.

Dansby is a very good player but his is young and overpursues way too often...frequently taking himself out of the play. If Wilson was just a 2nd year player, I would agree with you but how long must the team put up with his inconsistent play before he becomes the player alot of us think he can be? Sophmore slump for Dockett?? He is invisible but hopefully it is just a slump.

Clancy has been figured out and now he needs to adjust.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Clancy has been given a raw deal. A hurt star LB, missing LCB, missing MLB, missing NT, hurt All-Pro, missing 3rd DE, you just can't win with those types of injuries.