Fire Clancy Now

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
To me the stupid slanted DT technique is responsible for most of our problems stopping the run.

It's awful, I don't know anyone esle that runs it and yet we love it.

I'd like to see it go bye bye myself.

I have to agree with you on this. If it was any good other teams would use it. Fact is none of the good teams or actually no team I have seen use it. That should give you a clue or the coach is just to pig headed to recognize his idea is not working.

I

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
john h said:
I have to agree with you on this. If it was any good other teams would use it. Fact is none of the good teams or actually no team I have seen use it. That should give you a clue or the coach is just to pig headed to recognize his idea is not working.

I

The Slant Technique doesn't suck, we just don't have a NT to operate it properly.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
The Slant Technique doesn't suck, we just don't have a NT to operate it properly.

If you don't have the proper personnel to run it, why run it?

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
If you don't have the proper personnel to run it, why run it?

Clancy wasn't given a lot, so to mask that he needs to vary schemes. The Slant has worked before and the players know it. It is a wrinkle to the base D and we use it a lot. Just like we run 3-4 sometimes.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
Clancy has been given a raw deal. A hurt star LB, missing LCB, missing MLB, missing NT, hurt All-Pro, missing 3rd DE, you just can't win with those types of injuries.

Finally, someone who has an accurate point of view. I love all the "fire" this guy posts or "get rid" of this guy posts after every game. People need to be a bit more realistic.It'snot the Cards were Super Bowl favorites.They were fringe playoff contenders and that with evryone healthy and performing at a high level.That obviuosly hasn't been the case.

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
The D is good, but they need conditioning. They seem to run out of gas in the 4th Q. No excuse for that!

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
Finally, someone who has an accurate point of view. I love all the "fire" this guy posts or "get rid" of this guy posts after every game. People need to be a bit more realistic.It'snot the Cards were Super Bowl favorites.They were fringe playoff contenders and that with evryone healthy and performing at a high level.That obviuosly hasn't been the case.

I agree totally.

He didn't suddenly get stupid, although he has always had issues with strong running teams and TE's.

Both of which we cannot stop with any certainty.

Still too many injuries to call him out and ask for him to be fired.

OP
OP
LVCARDFREAK

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
Except the part you ignore was they couldnt stop the run last year either. They had more turnovers and played great red zone defense, but against the run they were bad!

OP
OP
LVCARDFREAK

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
I agree totally.

He didn't suddenly get stupid, although he has always had issues with strong running teams and TE's.

Both of which we cannot stop with any certainty.

Still too many injuries to call him out and ask for him to be fired.

Yet you will call out Green on a daily basis and ask for his firing? That makes no sense at all....

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
To me the stupid slanted DT technique is responsible for most of our problems stopping the run.

Especially when the guy you have playing the NT is barely big enought to play LB. RK was getting blown off the LOS regularly in the 2nd half and lined up in the slant every down.

Anyone know what happened to Moore as I didn't even see him on the sideline in the 2nd half?

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Yet you will call out Green on a daily basis and ask for his firing? That makes no sense at all....

Clancy has had his good and bad days.

Green I associate more with the offense who's had very few good days.

Clancy also has to run Green's slant technique, I highly doubt he's the driving force behind using that.

He also has numerous injuries to deal with and I give Green the benefit of the doubt on that one too.

All our O linemen are healthy now except Brown, all chosen by DG, coached by a DG appointment.

All these things mean his O line strategy blew up in his face.

That to me means he's dumber than I thought is all. I don't like him but I would have loved to hate him and yet admire his record, but I don't have to worry about that now do I?