Fire Petzing now

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This was the most horrific OC performance I've ever seen. And I've seen some bad after 23 years in the stands.

Shotgun passes on 3rd and 4th and 1? No designed runs or RPO for Kyler? Running the ball on 3rd and 34, down heavy? Squandering a rare pick by the inept defense to put them back on the field AGAIN? Running the ball well but not then incorporating play action and rollouts? Not drawing up plays to free MHJ? Just a horrible offensive playcalling strategy, and it isn't just this game. It's been constant. He isn't good at this. He's not even below average at this.

I can give Rallis a pass because this is the least talented defense in the league. By far. Exposed as hell today, but Petzing did them no favors. Kyler didn't either, but ffs Michael Wilson catch a ball. Even on his nice catch that he eventually fumbled, he bobbled the catch. Kyler has his flaws, but when the OC can't even use him correctly it becomes glaring. Malpractice.

We can't put a game together at all, and our offense can't keep the worst defense in the league off the field. Petzing needs fired, immediately. I can call a better game and that's only partly hyperbole.

It was embarrassing in the stadium today. Worst I've felt at a game in a long time. I'm rowdy, normally. But there was very little to cheer for. Very little. God bless my wife for still yelling for the defense late in the game while I just sighed over and over.

Gutted by this game.
The fact that we could hardly move the ball on the worst statistical defense in the league is absolutely mind-blowing.

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
The fact that we could hardly move the ball on the worst statistical defense in the league is absolutely mind-blowing.
We moved it the first drive of the game with ease which is why I pin it on the scheme later in the game.

We have been able to do this every game.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm not sure the play calling is the issue.

You could argue we should have run on 4th and 1. Fine. I argue the ball should already be in the air by the time this frame was shot. If Kyler passes now, defenders are already closing. He did throw this, and it did not connect, because he was so late.

Kyler doesn’t anticipate well and I bet it’s eating him up. He’s a smart guy, I be he’s as frustrated with his processing speed on the field as any of us are with him.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The Cards do have some highly regarded up and coming young coaches on the offensive side of the ball. #15 and 17(I’m related to him, my cousins nephew, whatever that makes me,lol)

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can't go from "Petzing is great" to "Fire Petzing" in like 2 weeks.

There was lots on that game that was on Kyler. I'm not sure what an OC can do when your QB can't handle man coverage.

Nobody came out of this game with any credit, blame everywhere, not least of which was the staff for a weak game plan, but Petzing is still one of the better OC's in the league.
I've never thought Petzing was great. So there's that.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm not sure the play calling is the issue.

You could argue we should have run on 4th and 1. Fine. I argue the ball should already be in the air by the time this frame was shot. If Kyler passes now, defenders are already closing. He did throw this, and it did not connect, because he was so late.

Kyler doesn’t anticipate well and I bet it’s eating him up. He’s a smart guy, I be he’s as frustrated with his processing speed on the field as any of us are with him.
Naw, on All 22, those DBs are downhill. That's a pick 6 if he throws it with the line bunched up and empty backfired. Sack was not horrible, throw away is the same result.

The playcall of double hitches in empty shotgun on 4th and 1 when you have Connor and Kyler available was malpractice.

Attachments

• 20240930_100620.jpg
    20240930_100620.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Petzing certainly deserves blame but don’t forget most QBs can change plays at the line of scrimmage. For good or bad.

If K1 wanted to call his own number on 3rd or 4th and short, I’m sure he has the authority to change the play at the LOS. At least he should. If he’s earned the coaches trust after being 6 years in the league.
Doesn't seem he has the balls to. "Hey coach, I saw something" is an acceptable response.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff was the problem.
Now Petzing is the problem

Okay…….
That's literally not what this is about. It is about the reality on the field. I gave KK a ton of grace far longer than necessary. Of course you want to blame Kyler, so I get it. But let's be real. That was uninspired, Madden button mashing playcalling yesterday.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Naw, on All 22, those DBs are downhill. That's a pick 6 if he throws it with the line bunched up and empty backfired. Sack was not horrible, throw away is the same result.

The playcall of double hitches in empty shotgun on 4th and 1 when you have Connor and Kyler available was malpractice.
Nah… that picture is a half or full second layer where Kyler has already waited too long to get the ball out. That’s got to be an immediate hitter so that when those guys turn, like do in the first pic.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Naw, on All 22, those DBs are downhill..
You’re not wrong - my contention is Kyler should be a step ahead and know the play better than the DBs defending it and get the ball out BEFORE they can react lol

PlayerHater

Veteran
Reaction score
MHJ had 6 targets "2 more than Dortch" while playing from behind all day and going up against one of the worst defenses in the league. I can't believe how much money Kyler and this coaching staff are being paid to put a product like this on the field. People need to stop financially supporting this franchise until they start acting like serious people.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah… that picture is a half or full second layer where Kyler has already waited too long to get the ball out. That’s got to be an immediate hitter so that when those guys turn, like do in the first pic.
Disagree. He can't throw that, at all.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re not wrong - my contention is Kyler should be a step ahead and know the play better than the DBs defending it and get the ball out BEFORE they can react lol
We should not have been in that playcall to begin with.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake