Fire Petzing now

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
LOL… who the hell besides the biggest Kyler honks were claiming him to be never an MVP candidate?! Y’all live in bizarro world.

Here you go

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I could post 25 more

Maybe "Bizzaro world" is .. reality? Where people actually watch the whole football game and don't just throw the remote at the TV and curse the quarterback when the team sucks.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You can't argue with these guys, a couple weeks ago Kurt Warner and Orlovsky said they were wrong but they held firm that they were right and a HOF QB and another ex-NFL QB were dumb and had no clue. The Kyler haters on this board say that still shots tell the whole story

QB’s defend Qb’s this isn’t new. Kyler should’ve seen at hit MHJ when he was wide open in Buffalo whether there was a still shot of it or not. No more excuses for Kyler.

urs

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Here you go

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I could post 25 more

Maybe "Bizzaro world" is .. reality? Where people actually watch the whole football game and don't just throw the remote at the TV and curse the quarterback when the team sucks.
Let's be real, dude, some guy named Cheesy on a message board knows more than pro QBs about playing QB. You can post all the ex NFL QBs and HOFers that say he and the Kyler haters are wrong, but they know more...don't fight it

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re right… the problem is he CAN’T throw that ball because a) he’s too slow to read the defense and b) he’s too small to make a throw from that position without the ball getting batted down. A good QB who isn’t automatically buried under a line because he’s 5’9 sure as hell can make that throw.

And to be honest, even with his limitations so can he. That ball needs to be fired out immediately and the play is there. And if he can’t, he’s not a starting QB for a team that has any serious intention of being consistently good.
A is right. B is not. IMO.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
QB’s defend Qb’s this isn’t new. Kyler should’ve seen at hit MHJ when he was wide open in Buffalo whether there was a still shot of it or not. No more excuses for Kyler.
There was zero opportunity there. Stop looking at screenshots. Watch the All 22 and the game. Best case there was a rushed overthrow. Worst case was a sack strip fumble. He lucked into a short throw for first down.

Many anti kyler arguments to be made. Screenshot nonsense isn't it.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Disagree. He can't throw that, at all.
If he takes the snap, plants his foot, and throws the ball as the receiver (either of them) breaks, it's an easy and unstoppable 1st. Instead he dithers and it's way too late. He can't play with timing or rhythm. It crushes us a lot of the time.

Stout

Reaction score
Yep.. and two weeks ago he was an MVP candidate, now they want him traded. Laughable. It's a team sport and our team is horrible.
Two weeks ago he was awesome, for one game. I gave him credit. Everyone gave him credit. It was universal on this board. What did that net us from the Kyler stans? A bunch of gradeschool mockery and silly crow eating posts. One had a form asking why people hated Kyler for no reason. Pretty sad.

Unfortunately for the stans (and us regular fans), he wasn't and isn't an MVP candidate. One game out of four isn't good odds.

The difference between us is, when he has a good game, I and others can recognize it. When he has a bad game, "Oh God, it's the OC, it's the talent on the team, it's how high the grass was cut, but don't you dare hate on our guy Kyler!" If you and the other stans had even an iota of acceptance that KM ain't perfect, there wouldn't be any issues. There wouldn't be huge arguments or the word hater thrown around. But no, not a single criticism is allowed. I have no idea why. My assumption is that stans just love the player more than anything. What else can explain blind devotion like this?

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Two weeks ago he was awesome, for one game. I gave him credit. Everyone gave him credit. It was universal on this board. What did that net us from the Kyler stans? A bunch of gradeschool mockery and silly crow eating posts. One had a form asking why people hated Kyler for no reason. Pretty sad.

Unfortunately for the stans (and us regular fans), he wasn't and isn't an MVP candidate. One game out of four isn't good odds.

The difference between us is, when he has a good game, I and others can recognize it. When he has a bad game, "Oh God, it's the OC, it's the talent on the team, it's how high the grass was cut, but don't you dare hate on our guy Kyler!" If you and the other stans had even an iota of acceptance that KM ain't perfect, there wouldn't be any issues. There wouldn't be huge arguments or the word hater thrown around. But no, not a single criticism is allowed. I have no idea why. My assumption is that stans just love the player more than anything. What else can explain blind devotion like this?

Totally wrong, there is plenty of room to criticize Kyler but that's not what happens around here at all. People really behave as if he is the reason we got blown out, and trading him away will solve our problems.

Stout

Reaction score
Totally wrong, there is plenty of room to criticize Kyler but that's not what happens around here at all. People really behave as if he is the reason we got blown out, and trading him away will solve our problems.
Cool, so we agree he can be better. We can also agree that he's not the sole reason we got blown out. This team has issues.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cool, so we agree he can be better. We can also agree that he's not the sole reason we got blown out. This team has issues.

Yeah, my main issue with Kyler is how bad he plays when the offensive line sucks. And let's be honest, the offensive line sucked on Sunday against a BAD pass rush. When Kyler doesn't trust his protection, he becomes a one-read quarterback, pre-determines where the ball is going to go before the snap, and rushes everything.

Once the team has rebuilt the trenches, has respectable play from the OL and DL, has a decent pass rush, if Kyler still can't get it done then we can bring somebody else in and they will have a good foundation to start with.

If we replace the quarerback now and still have crappy trenches, we only make things worse and probably ruin ANOTHER prospect.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my main issue with Kyler is how bad he plays when the offensive line sucks. And let's be honest, the offensive line sucked on Sunday against a BAD pass rush. When Kyler doesn't trust his protection, he becomes a one-read quarterback, pre-determines where the ball is going to go before the snap, and rushes everything.

Once the team has rebuilt the trenches, has respectable play from the OL and DL, has a decent pass rush, if Kyler still can't get it done then we can bring somebody else in and they will have a good foundation to start with.

If we replace the quarerback now and still have crappy trenches, we only make things worse and probably ruin ANOTHER prospect.
He had time against Detroit and the defense held the Lions to only 20 points (zero points in the second half) and our QB play was still pretty meh.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Naw, on All 22, those DBs are downhill. That's a pick 6 if he throws it with the line bunched up and empty backfired. Sack was not horrible, throw away is the same result.

The playcall of double hitches in empty shotgun on 4th and 1 when you have Connor and Kyler available was malpractice.

It is when you have a QB that can't throw with anticipation.

If you're running hitches like that then the ball has to be out well before now. It's a perfectly fine play call, if you have a QB who can throw without being able to see the WR's eyes.

For 90% of the QB's in the league this is an easy throw, the pressure is on the WR to turn, find the ball already in the air, and catch it.

So yeah, I guess you can blame Petzing for believing Kyler can do this.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nah… that picture is a half or full second layer where Kyler has already waited too long to get the ball out. That’s got to be an immediate hitter so that when those guys turn, like do in the first pic.

Yup, a hitch is designed for the ball to be out quick, ideally before they even turned, as the CB will react later. Ball should be well out by then, not even a difficult throw and timing comes from practice.

Hike, count to one, throw it at the WR's back.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake