Fire Petzing now

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Browns offense is putrid as well. Yes, Watson is not the same player after a 18 month layoff (I was touting as a QB you can’t take that time off and be the same player… the game moves too fast).. BUT in watching the Browns, the schemes were incredibly similar to what we do but with a lesser QB. Not creative and not playing towards a QBs strength

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Either hope Kyler gets much better in this system or Petzing gets much better feel for the passing game w/Kyler.

Either way if it doesnt improve I don't want both back. Someone has to go. And I never felt that with Kliff (in regards to Kyler).

Get better or end it this offseason. A complete joke of a passing game in contrast to what I saw from Baker and Lamar in the other game.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He’ll run Conner 5 times in row to start a series then forget about him for the next 5 plays in a row. It’s maddening.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Either hope Kyler gets much better in this system or Petzing gets much better feel for the passing game w/Kyler.

Either way if it doesnt improve I don't want both back. Someone has to go. And I never felt that with Kliff (in regards to Kyler).

Get better or end it this offseason. A complete joke of a passing game in contrast to what I saw from Baker and Lamar in the other game.
Completely.. but go look at Browns, it’s the same stale mate, 1990’s throwback offense. You simply are NOT going anywhere consistently scoring 17 pts or less a game. That Browns defense last year was one of the best defenses in the NFL over the past decade. Made the playoffs bc of that and a Joe Flacco resurgence. A throwback QB. Kyler is not a throwback QB and this isn’t 2023 Browns defense!

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Completely.. but go look at Browns, it’s the same stale mate, 1990’s throwback offense. You simply are NOT going anywhere consistently scoring 17 pts or less a game. That Browns defense last year was one of the best defenses in the NFL over the past decade. Made the playoffs bc of that and a Joe Flacco resurgence. A throwback QB. Kyler is not a throwback QB and this isn’t 2023 Browns defense!
Baker Mayfield playing at a near MVP level is the biggest indictment of wanting to follow the Browns model.

But if this the type of offense MOnti/Petzing want. Then get a big drop back passer who can throw strikes off play action. Someone better than Clayton Tune.

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
If we go 3 games below .500 and the offense continues to look like this, I'm making moves. At the very least, Petzing gets a demotion to run game coordinator.