fitz says whether or not he thinks kurt deserves 15 mil

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
I misunderstood what you were saying before, but now that I do....do you think that Warner will carry his postseason performance over a 16-game season?
He could, who's to say he can't? I think it would be best if we could take a bit of the pressure off tho with an actual running game. He'd probably have that in Gore if he played for SF. :shrug:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There are two things I know... Cardsfanmd will call everyone who thought this thread was funny a "moron"

Plus anyone who can't spell Leinart's name correctly by now should be banned

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats a stretch to say the least. No shock coming from an ass like you :)

In all seriousness though while Fitz was the man for coming down with those balls. Warner put them right where they needed to be. No telling if any other QB could have done that. Odds are they couldnt.

Watch the games, Kurt did nothing special throughout the playoffs. There were 2 trick plays and every other big pass play was a short throw followed by the receivers making plays themselves. Whisenhunt's offense is designed to get guys running free on crossing routes and picks, it's not like some other offenses where it's on the QB to make a great throw. There was not one moment in the playoffs where I thought "OMG great throw!"

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He could, who's to say he can't? I think it would be best if we could take a bit of the pressure off tho with an actual running game. He'd probably have that in Gore if he played for SF. :shrug:

It would help if Kurt didn't telegraph runs. I noticed early in the season that when Kurt is under center if it's a run play his feet are even and on pass plays his left foot is waaaay back so he can get a good first step on his drop. All the defenders have to do is peek at his feet and they know what to expect. That's why with Kurt our offense looked so much better out of the shotgun, no chance for his tell to be exposed in that formation.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watch the games, Kurt did nothing special throughout the playoffs. There were 2 trick plays and every other big pass play was a short throw followed by the receivers making plays themselves. Whisenhunt's offense is designed to get guys running free on crossing routes and picks, it's not like some other offenses where it's on the QB to make a great throw. There was not one moment in the playoffs where I thought "OMG great throw!"

I watched the games and you are delusional.

Trick play or not that throw in between two Atlanta defenders put exactly in the right spot for Fitz to go get it was a thing of beauty. The fact that it was a toss back from the RB is irrelevant. His throws were awesome. Including his Endzone fades to fitz/patrick in the SB.

I am all for matty being our QB but lets give credit where credit is due. :iwin:

OP
OP
Cody

Cody

i love defense
Reaction score
I watched the games and you are delusional.

Trick play or not that throw in between two Atlanta defenders put exactly in the right spot for Fitz to go get it was a thing of beauty. The fact that it was a toss back from the RB is irrelevant. His throws were awesome. Including his Endzone fades to fitz/patrick in the SB.

I am all for matty being our QB but lets give credit where credit is due. :iwin:
i agree warner deserves credit...but he also isnt a 15mil dollar qb. if he was on another team i doubt his passing stats would have been what they were. lets give some credit to the WR's too

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Assface is speaking a lot of truth in this thread. I could not have said it better.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Rewatch the NFC championship game...And then say that. McNabb constantly missed the throw...where Warner is always on the money on crossing patterns. Hard to throw because of vision..yet he lets his receivers catch it in stride. Trade McNabb for Warner and Philly plays in the SuperBowl.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i agree warner deserves credit...but he also isnt a 15mil dollar qb. if he was on another team i doubt his passing stats would have been what they were. lets give some credit to the WR's too

Its a two way street. It wasnt all Fitz/WR's. It wasnt all Warner. Dont need to preach to me about salary. Been saying for two days to call his bluff.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Watch the games, Kurt did nothing special throughout the playoffs.
Classic.

I can just see all these guys bashing Montana because he wasn't really anything special, he just had good talent around him. Apparently Warner has had the best players in the Arena League, NFL Europe and two different stops in the NFL.

But I've been converted and think everyone's missing the boat here. Since any old QB can step in and do what Warner did I think the Cardinals should rescind there offer to Warner, trade Leinart and let Pierre start at a very team friendly $1M. They can re-sign Tim Rattay on the cheap because he won't really be needed because if Warner stayed healthy it obvious a young, fresh guy like Pierre would be virtually impervious to injury.

Once that's taken care of, the team can finally start signing all those players that they just couldn't make a move on because they only had $12M+ in salary cap laying around. I'm excited.

rode kardinaal

Registered
Reaction score
I can't wait for the Whisenhunt contract-extension talk in a couple of years. My guess is the talks will be difficult as usual, there will be a money issue, and 80% of the fans will start saying that Whisenhunt was just lucky to be working with grade A talent, that he's not worth top coaches dollar, and that any coach in the league could have done what he's done here.

As for Warner, i hate quoting the überannoying Deion Sanders, but PAY THE MAN!!! It's not like we're investing long term, and the level of play of Warner short term is that of one of the best, if not THE best.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
The humor of the non knowledgable fan. Cards have been to 1 NFC championship game and 1 Super Bowl ever!!! Warner has MVP numbers...and yet you ...not worth getting banned yet...but you guys rather see Lienart who hasn't won one MEANINGFUL game EVER!!! The biggest game he has ever won he had more talent in college than most pro teams do. Warner just has the Most yards in Super Bowl History and the top 3 games of al time. Wow...I am glad I dont live in Arizona.

C'mon. Cody's just havin' a little fun. Some posters are going into meltdown mode here over the general lack of activity.

Cody, thank for the great laugh as I turn on the board this AM.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
I can't wait for the Whisenhunt contract-extension talk in a couple of years. My guess is the talks will be difficult as usual, there will be a money issue, and 80% of the fans will start saying that Whisenhunt was just lucky to be working with grade A talent, that he's not worth top coaches dollar, and that any coach in the league could have done what he's done here.

As for Warner, i hate quoting the überannoying Deion Sanders, but PAY THE MAN!!! It's not like we're investing long term, and the level of play of Warner short term is that of one of the best, if not THE best.

Pretty darn good points there - right down to "überannoying". Of course, Whiz should be extended right now. Well, ok, maybe after the draft since there are a few other pots on the stove right now.

And if they have to somewhat overpay for Warner, if they really want him, why not? As you say for a short term contract, that's a lot different than a long term contract. I don't think the FO can argue that it will be precedent setting to overpay pay Kurt a little with what he's done. Also, ofter the 07 season, Kurt missed his $500,000 Bonus because he had an 89.9 rating instead of a 90.0 rating. The Cards should immediately move to add that money (maybe they have for all I know). I bet that's where part of his feelings lie.

You know, I was thinking, maybe they like Leinart more than we know. Just a thought. Before the playoff run, I was thinking they would hand the keys to him.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The humor of the non knowledgable fan. Cards have been to 1 NFC championship game and 1 Super Bowl ever!!! Warner has MVP numbers...and yet you ...not worth getting banned yet...but you guys rather see Lienart who hasn't won one MEANINGFUL game EVER!!! The biggest game he has ever won he had more talent in college than most pro teams do. Warner just has the Most yards in Super Bowl History and the top 3 games of al time. Wow...I am glad I dont live in Arizona.

Brenda, is that you?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Kurt and Fitz played great throughout the year but i think the emergence of DRC had as much to do with the Cards taking the next step as anything last year. He made the entire defense better. Do you think we'd have won anything with Green starting? If Warner wants 10 mill plus incentives and a chance to win he'll be back. If he wants all the money he can get, see you in the bay area. One thing i don't buy is his "i was underpaid" crap. The guys wasn't even sure if he was going to be playing until the last week of the pre-season and he would have made about 6 mill. Granted, he outplayed that amount last year but the Cards have stepped up with a legit offer this year.

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
Ya know what I find funny is his agent talks about wanting top 5 money (the $14-$!6M per year) but if we paid Warner $10M per year he would be the 6th highest paid QB in the game. Considering his ag and past history of injuries I just don't see that as being the big slap in the face his agent or some of the people on this board seem to make it out to be. Last year he was the 3rd best QB in the game, but the prior 4 years he was 10th, 14th, 14th and 1 year didn't even qualify due to be out to many games because of injury.

Plus he keeps saying he wants to make sure Boldin gets paid so he can make sure he has all his targets again this year. Don't you think that extra $4-$6 million might be benificial in making it at least posible to extend Q?

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Gee you must be new. I heard that atleast a 1000 times during the preseason...And you know what..You all can kiss me where the sun dont shine...Because u can go back and reread my posts!!! I said if Warner starts we could make the Super Bowl.!!! SO WHO WAS RIGHT. Not you less ons.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Sorry, but no college football team has ever had more talent than even the worst NFL teams...even the Detriot Lions would have beaten the crap out of UT or USC. I just get upset when people think college teams are just that close to a professional team to make that assumption. But I do see some of your points on Kurt and what he did, the key is his age and history of being hurt. I hope Kurt is the starter for the Cards but I will not lose faith if Leinart is the starter...Leinart is far from a bust or just the same even our QB of the future...we don't really know yet but that is a chance we might have to take and he did have a great college career regardless of who he had around him which means there is a fair chance he can be the man.

OP
OP
Cody

Cody

i love defense
Reaction score
Sorry, but no college football team has ever had more talent than even the worst NFL teams...even the Detriot Lions would have beaten the crap out of UT or USC. I just get upset when people think college teams are just that close to a professional team to make that assumption. But I do see some of your points on Kurt and what he did, the key is his age and history of being hurt. I hope Kurt is the starter for the Cards but I will not lose faith if Leinart is the starter...Leinart is far from a bust or just the same even our QB of the future...we don't really know yet but that is a chance we might have to take and he did have a great college career regardless of who he had around him which means there is a fair chance he can be the man.

i agree

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Sigh.

There is a secret part of me that wants Kurt to leave to get rid of some of these posters. Mokler this doesn't include you. You and Mitch both elucidate your point and although I don't agree I can see where you are coming from. I can see why you want to pay top dollar to keep him here and are willing to pay more for not only what you think he will do but more for what he has done, even though I don't agree. I know you to be a Warner fan and that is okay. But the fugazi fans who pretend to rep the Cards but are really Warner zealots really draw my ire.

Here's a hint. If you like a player enough to get WAY overly passionate about someone who doesn't know you and doesn't give a rats azz about you - you might be a zealot.

If you feel the need to use alot of !!!!!!!! - you might be a zealot.

Get a grip. Maybe if he does resign we should just have a "Warner forum" so some of these guys don't break down crying and going crazy.

I mean really. Matt and Wilson are my favorite players. Does anyone see me going off the deep end like you insulted my family if anyone makes a negative comment?

Ridiculous. Get a grip. The cauldron of emotions that has spilled over today that I have been reading is just crazy to me and I imagine to most rational fans of the team.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I know you to be a Warner fan and that is okay. But the fugazi fans who pretend to rep the Cards but are really Warner zealots really draw my ire.
I appreciate this post and just to expand on your thoughts somewhat, since you mention Wilson and Leinart, it's...I don't know the best word. Frustrating I guess. I think everyone knows my reasons for showing up here in the first place but I'm a true fan of the NFL and the Cardinals have some players that wandering souls could really latch onto.

I have grown to really enjoy all the stars that everyone else likes and they are all character guys who do things the right way in addition to putting up numbers and wins. But, I have to admit, I get to the point where I want to...well, I have been banned on more than one occasion because of the attitude and dismissive attitude many of the posters have toward people that weren't born wearing a Cardinal bonnet.

Okay, therapy over.