Free Agency 2018

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No doubt sticker shock. I hope the Suns do not over extend.

It seems that Melo will be waived and stretched because OKC is going to have a fat tax bill.

ESPN says if Melo stays they pay 308 million in salary and tax. If he's waived they pay 211 million. Bye Melo!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Durant agreed to a one and one deal with the Warriors, one year max with a player option for the second year, essentially guaranteeing he'll opt out to get a larger max next offseason. I'm a little surprised the Warriors are letting him get away with that. They'd be better off locking him in for the 4 or 5 years now and being done with it but he's maxing out his potential salary this way. It's not to their advantage at all though.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23957834/kevin-durant-sign-one-one-deal-golden-state-warriors

Edit: Read this wrong, I guess he saves the Warriors $5 million in tax this year with this sort of deal. They'll end up paying it later though.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With many of the teams spending huge amounts of money the Suns are looking smart so far.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bordow is thinking the same.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo hasn't crawled out of his hole yet tonight. I wonder if McD confiscated Sarver's phone.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Typically he'll throw out names like he did last year. This year he hasn't had a pulse on who we are targeting.

I think Gambo is more restrained after the draft glitch at #10.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bordow is thinking the same.

I would agree with that fully if the Suns hadn't been sitting by doing nothing during the first day of free agency since the cap exploded 3 years ago. McD said they'd be aggressive and I think everyone believed him but if nothing is announced for them tonight what sort of evidence is there that they have been aggressive? I agree with being patient though so it's tough to fault him for it but it is contradictory to his previous statements about being aggressive.

They haven't made a big signing in the first day of free agency in some time. I think Knight was the last sort of early FA signing and that was resigning him 3 years ago. He was also restricted so there wasn't a rush to sign him. 2 years ago we signed Dudley but that wasn't early either. Last year all we did was sit back and trade for Daniels after like 3 weeks of FA. So there isn't anything to indicate they've approached this year differently.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t get the deal with that. McD admitted they were taking a Nova player until Philly called at the last minute. For the record I think Gambo is an idiot.

The Suns were interested in both Nova players. LOL

When it comes to the Suns, I'm a believer. We will see who breaks any Suns news first.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Another wing. :confused:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is Gambo.