Free Agency 2018

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Morey is a good GM but yikes.

What's crazy is he's making like $12 million more over his 4 years than Jokic is making over 5 years. Who would you rather pay? Jokic will be 28 at the end of his deal while Paul will be 37 at the end of his.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
That is such an Indiana signing. The Jazz, Celtics, and Pacers always have a white forward whose only NBA skill is their 3pt shooting.
Gotta keep the “base “ happy.
Try and say anybody but Larry Bird is the GOAT in South Boston and you might get your teeth knocked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bordow thought Ilyasova might be a target for the Suns, he's agreed to a 3 year $21 million dollar deal with the Bucks.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
What's crazy is he's making like $12 million more over his 4 years than Jokic is making over 5 years. Who would you rather pay? Jokic will be 28 at the end of his deal while Paul will be 37 at the end of his.

Paul has missed playoff games the last 3 years and he’s getting 40 mil a year at 33 years old.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jordon goes to the Mavericks. Sort of expected.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Denver is a team to watch for trades. These Barton and Jokic deals take them well into the lux tax.

Milsap has only next year guaranteed on his contract. We were interested last summer. I wonder if we could take his big contract and pull some other assets from them as well.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not that surprised that Paul George is staying in OKC but I am surprised he's agreed to stay this early. I thought money would win out, ultimately, but that he'd at least play the market some. I guess he knows that teams would choose Lebron over him so there wouldn't be that much of a market to play. I'd like to see OKC pull off a crazy trade for Lebron somehow. A team of Westbrook, George, Lebron, and Melo vs Curry, Klay, Durant, and Draymond would make for a fantastic series.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Denver is a team to watch for trades. These Barton and Jokic deals take them well into the lux tax.

Milsap has only next year guaranteed on his contract. We were interested last summer. I wonder if we could take his big contract and pull some other assets from them as well.

Dudley and Warren for Millsap and a 1st. Denver clears $10 million in luxury tax penalties and adds a SF who can replace Wilson Chandler, finally, and they could waive Dudley or buy him out. The 1st might be asking for too much. We could make it work under the cap though, doing that trade. Not sure if they'd bite or not though. We'd have our PF for next season. We'd lose our cap space this summer though.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not going to happen in free agency. Though there could a trade that is exciting, but I wouldn't expect to hear anything until it is confirmed.

Maybe. I mostly want to hear something good about the Suns tonight.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Same here. I want something to get me excited.
Don’t see it happening this summer. I know it’s not gonna happen but I’d rather keep our powder dry, see if we surprise a bit next year, and then become a destination for better players.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grant agrees to deal with OKC as I believe already mentioned.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lebron will not be meeting with the Cavaliers in person as free agency opens. Would he really sign with the Lakers as the only player they get? I don't see it, unless they can work a deal for Leonard but Boston can offer a better deal for him. They could go young with picks or Kyrie for Leonard with spare parts, maybe their own pick included. It would be funny to see the Lakers spending $50 million on Brook Lopez and Caldwell-Pope, again.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...valiers-meet-person-opening-hours-free-agency

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baynes will remain with Celtics. He is a nice backup center.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When did Jerami grant become a $27M 3-yr player?!?

When the MLE ballooned to about that much. Bordow sent out a tweet earlier with a note from the NBA about the MLE amounts for tax teams and non-tax teams. That being so high makes virtually anyone who is average a $10 million player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And it keeps rolling.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members