Free Agency 2018

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do we even have anymore assets I think it's just the Bucks pick at this point, right?

The Suns have all their first round picks as well. The Suns will have to give up a potential star to get Lillard. The only one that fits is JJ.

If it happens this trade has been on the back burner for awhile.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The Suns have all their first round picks as well. The Suns will have to give up a potential star to get Lillard. The only one that fits is JJ.

If it happens this trade has been on the back burner for awhile.
I just don't see JJ getting traded, especially if it has been in the works for a while. The Suns have made it very clear that they see JJ as a cornerstone of the future. They made him the face of the franchise at the lottery and had him on a billboard with Booker and Ayton about 8 hours after the draft was over.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't see JJ getting traded, especially if it has been in the works for a while. The Suns have made it very clear that they see JJ as a cornerstone of the future. They made him the face of the franchise at the lottery and had him on a billboard with Booker and Ayton about 8 hours after the draft was over.

I want to keep JJ as well but I can't see Portland trading Lillard without a star type player in return and a bunch more.

I can't think of anyone else that fits this description on the Suns roster they might be willing to trade. Ayton and Booker are not going anywhere. Warren does not fit this description.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another thought. How about a 3 team trade.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I want to keep JJ as well but I can't see Portland trading Lillard without a star type player in return and a bunch more.

I can't think of anyone else that fits this description on the Suns roster they might be willing to trade. Ayton and Booker are not going anywhere. Warren does not fit this description.
I agree that JJ is likely required. I just don't know if I am willing to do it with JJ included.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As of right now I view Ayton, Booker and JJ as off the market that's your future

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The same here. I mentioned in my previous post... could it involve a 3rd team?
That is likely the only way it happens without losing out on JJ. Though I don't have a clue as to what the parameters of trade would be.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
If they could pull it off without losing JJ it would be huge.

Its going to take JJ and picks because we are going to have to also include a bad contract, right?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is likely the only way it happens without losing out on JJ. Though I don't have a clue as to what the parameters of trade would be.

It's hard to see how it works at the moment. If the Suns had CAP space I could see them as a facilitator.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If JJ is involved then Warren better not be. We gotta keep 1 of em.

Although this would help explain the Suns adding Bridges and Ariza. I do think a 3rd team would have to be involved to make it work the more I think about it.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Trading JJ would make some sense with the Suns loading up on forwards.

If it is not too late for the Suns to trade Bridges (he has signed) this would make some sense as well.
Lillard's following Bridges so that would be kinda weird if they were then traded for one another. I don't think he can be traded anytime soon anyway.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lillard's following Bridges so that would be kinda weird if they were then traded for one another. I don't think he can be traded anytime soon anyway.

I don't think Bridges can be traded right away otherwise it would fit nicely in the trade rumor... the Suns drafting Bridges for Portland.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Draft picks signed can't be traded till December

I thought it was 30 days after they sign?

I think the deal would obviously include JJ, a PG prospect so likely Okobo and some expiring contract. Of course picks as well.

I doubt they’d want Warren, Bender or Chriss.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score

I think the deal would obviously include JJ, a PG prospect so likely Okobo and some expiring contract. Of course picks as well.

Sorry, recent draft picks signed can be traded after 30 days of signing their contracts. Free agent signings can't be traded till Dec 15th or 90 days after signing

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So looking at the trade rumor, the Suns draft Bridges for Portland, then they add Okobo (another PG coming back), maybe a couple of first round picks and then contracts to make the trade work.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
So looking at the trade rumor, the Suns draft Bridges for Portland, then they add Okobo (another PG coming back), maybe a couple of first round picks and then contracts to make the trade work.

Portland is over the cap so I thought salaries had to match but Jackson and Dudley for Lillard was approved in the Trade Machine. So add Okobo and picks and Portland could save money right away. They wouldn’t need Chandler.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Portland is over the cap so I thought salaries had to match but Jackson and Dudley for Lillard was approved in the Trade Machine. So add Okobo and picks and Portland could save money right away. They wouldn’t need Chandler.

The Trail Blazers are going to need to look like they won the trade so Jackson, Okobo, Dudley, Chriss and 1-2 first round picks?

Edit: Jackson, Dudley, Okobo, Daniels and Chriss for Lillard. Trade successful using Trade Machine.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, they don't get JJ AND two picks. If they want picks, they get Warren, Chriss, Dudley, etc. If they want JJ, then no picks.

Under my last scenario the Suns should only trade the Bucks pick.

Jackson, Dudley, Okobo, Daniels and Chriss for Lillard. Trade successful using Trade Machine

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd do that one, though I am terrified that JJ is gonna end up being better than Lillard eventually.

I wish we could substitute Warren for Jackson in your scenario and add a couple of 1st round picks but I suspect Portland will want a star type player.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
While I wouldn't suggest that he doesn't fit the timeline, it would hurt to give JJ in a trade for a guy that is 28 years old. Obviously he is still young enough to give us potentially 6-8 years of good play though.
Aw 28? That’s disappointing.