Gambo: Possible Cousins to suns

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
is saying today discussion of cousins for suns 2017 pick, Len, warren.

Still digesting how I feel, booker is untouchable to me, I also really don't want to touch bender and Chriss so that's good.

But benefit of getting stud in this draft is we have potential franchise players around same age.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been talking about it on "around the NBA" thread as well.

My fear as always is Cousins could walk after his contract expires after the 2018 season.

Still, sometimes you have to roll the dice.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Cousins would obviously make the Suns better which would make the pick less attractive. This seems like an offseason deal

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Would you do it with no protection on the pick?

I'm leaning yes on that. Cousins has his issues, but the guy is a good basketball player.

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
I've read several times that Cousins and EBled want to play together. Would have to make you feel somewhat confident a long term deal can get done.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
is saying today discussion of cousins for suns 2017 pick, Len, warren.
And possibly more.

High risk, but the Suns need a face.
I've been talking about it on "around the NBA" thread as well.

My fear as always is Cousins could walk after his contract expires after the 2018 season.

Still, sometimes you have to roll the dice.
You'd hope the trade would include an agreement to resign.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would you do it with no protection on the pick?

I'm leaning yes on that. Cousins has his issues, but the guy is a good basketball player.

I'm hearing a big reason the Kings would do it is because they need a PG. I would assume no protection based on this.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This should be easy YES as long as additional picks have protections. Chances of the Suns getting Cousin level talent at their pick might be slim to none.

Do it.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is a really cheap price for Cousins...

I'm not a fan of his but that would be a worthwhile gamble. That price sounds too good to be true though, I gotta figure Chriss or Bender would get included.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Len, Warren and your #1 for Cousins?

You have to do this if your the Suns that's super cheap. Len is average at best. I like T.J Warren but let's be honest he's missed as many games as he's played and do you really need another rookie when you have Booker, Bender and Chriss all 18-20 years old. Cousins in his mid 20s aswell.

You have to do this if its real

OP
OP
H

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That is a really cheap price for Cousins...

I'm not a fan of his but that would be a worthwhile gamble. That price sounds too good to be true though, I gotta figure Chriss or Bender would get included.

No way do I include chriss or bender. The deal is reasonable for kings, if this is an all time great draft they get two picks in the top 6 to 8 to rebuild.

The reason I don't do chriss or bender, and still not sure if I do the current deal is face it, the warrior are winning the next 4 titles. Curry and durant are 28, four more years of being unstoppable.

Getting a potential 19 year old star, maybe even superstar in this draft, to pair with our future 20 year old star and two 19 year olds with potential , is perfect timeline. All our guys are entering their early prime as the Warriors are done.

Cousins is 26, when he is 30 and bledsoe 31, near end of prime, booker, chriss, bender still will not be at their peak. And even if they were, that's only a couple years to maximize being a contender.

If chriss and bender become all star level, at least once cousins and bledsoe are exiting prime, you still could be a contender.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know what to think. Cousins is a tremendous talent and a disruptive influence. Also, this is the Suns best real chance at the #1 pick in years in one of the best drafts in years. I would give up both Miami picks before I give up this year's pick.

His free agency is a factor too.

OP
OP
H

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't know what to think. Cousins is a tremendous talent and a disruptive influence. Also, this is the Suns best real chance at the #1 pick in years in one of the best drafts in years. I would give up both Miami picks before I give up this year's pick.

His free agency is a factor too.

Zero chance kings do that. The real asset suns are willing to give, and kings want, is this year's unprotected number 1.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. I think I would rather stay the course and build through the draft. I don't mind trading for a star, but Cousins is a Morris brothers level moron. He is way more talented though.

(I am sure someone is going to bump this comment two years from now.)

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Do it! Cousins is a Barkey'esk type of player that can turn around a franchise in the right circumstances. He would be a perfect piece going forward for the Suns.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Yeah. I think I would rather stay the course and build through the draft. I don't mind trading for a star, but Cousins is a Morris brothers level moron. He is way more talented though.

(I am sure someone is going to bump this comment two years from now.)

I agree. I would much rather have that pick than Cousins.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Do it! Cousins is a Barkey'esk type of player that can turn around a franchise in the right circumstances. He would be a perfect piece going forward for the Suns.

Exactly how I feel. Cousins is a top 10 player, if the deal is there you have to make it. Why else are we hoarding all these 'assets'? To keep rolling the dice on getting a franchise player? Guess what? Cousins is one. Many said Barkley was a immature punk before he came to Phoenix, and the Suns took that chance. It seemed to work out ok.

Jason1970

Reaction score
Exactly how I feel. Cousins is a top 10 player, if the deal is there you have to make it. Why else are we hoarding all these 'assets'? To keep rolling the dice on getting a franchise player? Guess what? Cousins is one. Many said Barkley was a immature punk before he came to Phoenix, and the Suns took that chance. It seemed to work out ok.

The Suns were a top 4 team for years that could not get past LA/Portland when they got Barkley.... The current Suns have the worst record in the west and Cousins is no Barkley.

Keep the pick, its cheaper and less of a headache

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Barkley didn't turn around the franchise. They were coming off a WCF's appearance when they traded for him. We're talking about adding Cousins to one of the worst teams in the league.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05