Gambo rumor

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gaddabout said:
I know Gambo personally. He's not the idiot people seem to make him out to be, but -- and I say this without any malice -- he is one of the least accurate, poorly connected loud mouths on the radio. He has gained better footing inside the Suns org, but his reputation among his peers as someone who does real journalism before speaking into the mic ... it's not good. Not good at all.

As former print journalist, nothing -- and I mean nothing -- Gambo does follows the rules of print journalism. Most of his columns online would fail Journalism 101.

I would agree with this. I do not know him personally, but have a friend who does pal with Gambo, Ash, Jacobs and bunch (one of their big commercial sponsors). Gambo has a rep that is very much what is written here.

However, his Suns sources have been decent recently.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bada0Bing said:
Didn’t Gambo say that Marion & JJ were going to Orlando for Tmac? What happened to those sources?

Tmac said he wanted to play with an asian guy on the team. Did you think the Suns signed Yuta Tabuse because he was good? Tmac saw right through that plan and went to Yao Ming. Gambo wasn't wrong at all

Nash

Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Popo Zao in catanese means "Grandmother Skinny"

/learning Chinese
learning Chinese? Cantonese, you mean? :D
I just googled Popo Zao and oddly enough, the first result for the Fed song was from "superficial.com" and that confirmed Ryan's claim of that meaning Granny skinny. Can't wait to listen to that song!
PS: Ryan, what can we do to get you to revert to the old avatar. This is such an eyesore.

Last edited:

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Tmac said he wanted to play with an asian guy on the team. Did you think the Suns signed Yuta Tabuse because he was good? Tmac saw right through that plan and went to Yao Ming. Gambo wasn't wrong at all

But JJ plays for the Hawks and Marion is still here....?

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Ok. I broke it down with all the Eastern Conference Teams that cold possibly be involved in this deal. I didn't listen to Gambo and Ash today, so I don't know if they said, the total of salaries changing places or the total salary range of $5-6 mil. I just made a list of players that could be involved, thinking KT and or Barbosa are involved.

Charlotte: (I'd love for this one, both bigs would do well in our system)
PG/Knight ($4.4 mil)
C/Brezec ($2.75 mil)
C/Ely (unknown??)

Orlando: (I'd prefer Arroyo in this group of PG's)
PG/Arroyo ($4 mil)
PG/Dooling ($3.35 mil)
PG/Diener (664k)
C/Battie ($5.75 mil)

Washington: (I'd like Daniels and Haywood, Blatche or Ramos)
PG/Daniels ($5.4 mil)
PG/Taylor ($664k)
C/Thomas ($5.9 mil)
C/Haywood ($4.5 mil)
C/Ramos ($720k)
C/Blatche ($664k)

Philly: (I like Hunter, BUT....)
PG/Ollie ($3.2 mil)
C/Hunter ($3 mil)

Chicago: (I'd like Duhon, but recent surgery? NO to Sweetney, but I'd take Thabo or Thomas)
PG/Duhon ($3 mil)
PG/Gordon ($3.8 mil)
C/Sweetney ($2.7 mil)

Cleveland: (Jones isn't really a distributer....I'd love to have Verejao)
PG/Jones ($3.7 mil)
C/Verejao ($945k)
C/Marty Vicius[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] (?)

Indy: (Any two would work for me)
PG/Tinsley ($5.8 mil)
PG/Jasikevicius ($4 mil)
[/FONT]
PG/Johnson ($2.6 mil)
C/Foster ($5.2 mil)
C/Harrison ($739k)

Milwaukee: (If this is it, gotta get Gad)
PG/Williams ($1.9 mil)
C/Booth ($6.8 mil)
C/Gadzuric ($5.2 mil)

Atlanta: (Another steal away from Atlanta? I've always like Zaza, not much to say about Lue)
PG/Lue ($3.5 mil)
C/Pachulia ($4)

Last edited:

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Just a question, not that it is a possibility...

I read somewhere (maybe on here, so it's probably only half-true) that we got a trade exception in the #21 to Boston trade. Now I know you can't combine a player and an exception, but can you combine two seperate exceptions to make a larger one?

EDIT: No, you can't.

No you can't but what you can do however is get a little creative and do 2 smaller trades with the same team which equals out to a bigger trade.

For example if the Suns wanted to make a trade with the Bobcats for Knight and one of their backup Cs, they could trade James Jones and Leandro Barbosa for Knight and then use the trade exception plus draft pick for one of the backup Cs.

That is perfectly legal

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jlove said:
Chicago: (I'd like Duhon, but recent surgery? NO to Sweetney, but I'd take Thabo or Thomas)
PG/Duhon ($3 mil)
PG/Gordon ($3.8 mil)
C/Sweetney ($2.7 mil)

It would be funny if it was Sweetney and Eddie Basden since there are rumor of them 2 going to a Western Confrence team, at least that is what WGN said the other night.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
bankybruce said:
It would be funny if it was Sweetney and Eddie Basden since there are rumor of them 2 going to a Western Confrence team, at least that is what WGN said the other night.

Basden is a SG that has NO PG skills. So, he obviously isn't involved in this trade.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jlove said:
Basden is a SG that has NO PG skills. So, he obviously isn't involved in this trade.

That is why I said it would be funny. Actually, I said it because he does not have any SG skill either, and that is why it is funny.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bada0Bing said:
Or, maybe there was no trade?

Actually it was reported by several scources that the Suns were willing to trade Marion, Jacobsen and the 1st but the Magic wanted JJ in place of Jacobsen. Not sure about Gambo's take on it, I just remember him predicting Kobe and T-Mac would end up with the Suns that offseason.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SunsTzu said:
Actually it was reported by several scources that the Suns were willing to trade Marion, Jacobsen and the 1st but the Magic wanted JJ in place of Jacobsen. Not sure about Gambo's take on it, I just remember him predicting Kobe and T-Mac would end up with the Suns that offseason.

I can't believe how many people bought into the Kobe and T-Mac on the Suns rumor. :doi:

The guy I'd like to get is Delonte West of the Celtics.

sunsfn

Reaction score
The Celtics are stockpiling guards. Maybe the Suns have something going with them. Maybe not, but they do have lots of guards.
---------------------

The Celts aren’t just blowing smoke about liking Allan Ray. The 6-foot-2 guard got a partial guarantee for the coming season, and there is a team option for 2007-08. That doesn’t sound like much, but when you consider the team already has West and Allen, who was more than able as a fill-in at the spot last season, and got Rajon Rondo on draft night, that’s a large stockpile of points and combo guards. (also just added Telfair)
--------------------------------------------
Big men,

Al Jefferson F 6-10 265
Dwayne Jones F-C 6-11 250
Michael Olowokandi (FA) C 7-0 270
Kendrick Perkins C 6-10 280
Theo Ratliff C-F 6-10 235

Mad Psyentist

Reaction score
Im gonna guess that theyre looking at Orien Greene and Dwayne Jones. I keep hearing rumors that they dont want Greene back, especially with all these new PGs theyre bringing in. Considering the amount and length of both their salaries and the fact that the suns want to keep all their core players, they can probably both be had for a couple 2nd rounders.

mribnik

Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
I can't believe how many people bought into the Kobe and T-Mac on the Suns rumor. :doi:

The guy I'd like to get is Delonte West of the Celtics.

I'd like to get West as well. I only saw him a couple of times but he looked impressive. I'd be surprised if the Celtics would be willing to give him up.

sunsfn

Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
You must be registered for see images
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Orien Greene

Position: PG
Born: 2/04/82
Height: 6-4 / 1,93
Weight: 208 lbs. / 94,3 kg.
College: Louisiana-Lafayette '05 Good at finding the open man... Good size for a point guard... Works hard... Tough defender. Attended the Gainesville HS in Gainesville, Florida.

Played college ball at Florida and Louisiana-Lafayette till 2005.
Selected by the Boston Celtics as 53rd overall pick in the 2005 NBA Draft. Signed with the Celtics in August. Waive in June.
Led Gainesville HS to the Florida 5A state title in 1999.
Named Florida Mr. Basketball in 2000.
Named Sun Belt Conference Defensive Player of the Year in 2005. Led the conference in steals.
Named to the 2nd Team All-Sun Belt Conference in 2005.

-----------------------------------------
eltics[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
You must be registered for see images
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dwayne Jones
[/FONT]
Position: C
Born: 6/09/83
Height: 6-11 / 2,11
Weight: 250 lbs. / 113,4 kg.
College: Saint Joseph's '06
Excellent shot blocker... Good rebounder... No offensive game. Attended the American Christian HS in Aston, Pennsylvania.

Played college ball at Saint Joseph's till 2005.
Never drafted by an NBA team.
Selected by the Michigan Mayhem as 12th overall pick in the 2005 CBA Draft.
Signed with the Minnesota Timberwolves in August 2005. Sent to the Florida Flame of the NBADL during the 2005-06 season.
Traded to the Boston Celtics in January 2006.
Led the Atlantic 10 in blocked shots in 2003, 2004 and 2005.
Named to the Atlanta 10 All-Defensive Team in 2004 and 2005.
Named Atlantic 10 Defensive Player of the Year in 2005.
Named 2nd Team All-Atlantic 10 in 2005.
Led the NBADL in rebounds in 2005-06.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Mad Psyentist said:
Im gonna guess that theyre looking at Orien Greene and Dwayne Jones. I keep hearing rumors that they dont want Greene back, especially with all these new PGs theyre bringing in. Considering the amount and length of both their salaries and the fact that the suns want to keep all their core players, they can probably both be had for a couple 2nd rounders.

Orien Greene is already a free agent. The Celts waived him right after the draft. We wouldn't have to trade for him. (refer to thread titled "Orien Greene" on page 3.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Why would we trade for players that aren't proven to be anything and would never get PT in the finals..?

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
slinslin said:
Why would we trade for players that aren't proven to be anything and would never get PT in the finals..?

IMHO Delonte is somebody who might be a help, but you have put your finger on the problem.

Mad Psyentist

Reaction score
jlove said:
Orien Greene is already a free agent. The Celts waived him right after the draft. We wouldn't have to trade for him. (refer to thread titled "Orien Greene" on page 3.

my bad...thought he was still with their team.

Im sticking by my belief that if the suns did make a trade, it would be just to fill out the remaining roster spots with minimum salary players. I dont think we're gonna be getting anyone that isnt already making peanuts and I dont think guys like K.Thomas, Barbosa, or JJ are going anywhere either.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I liked West in the one game I clearly recall against the Celtics last year. West struck me as a Raja Bell type player - good defender and generally hard nosed. Actually more aggressive on offense than Raja.

Why, you ask, would the Celtics be trying to shed him if that was typical play for West? Dang good question, and I don't know the answer.

sunsfn

Reaction score
When you read anything about West and the Celtics, they say he is not a true point guard and that is what they are looking for. He is a combo guard, and I have thought a decent player. They may not be looking to trade him, just use him off the bench and he will get minutes at both guard spots.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
nowagimp said:
I heard that Larry Bird is trying to unload Jamal Tinsley, who has been injury prone. Pollard also doe not fit in if the pacers get Harrington(its what Harrington wants).

No leandro in this trade, I hope. That would mean the suns would lose 2 or their top 4 3pt shooters this off season. Tinsley cant shoot the 3, either(30.9 % career).

If the elder Colangelo has any input in this stupid trade idea, then forget about it...Everyone knows that Tinsley is a very talented *******...If I were Larry Bird, then I'd try every means possible to get rid of Tinsley...My old roommate bartended in Aimes Iowa(ISU), he had to kick Tinsley out of the bar, because Jamal felt like pouring a beer over some innocent girl's head just for the F of it...

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
carey said:
True, but over the last year or so his rumors have been a lot better and in most cases entirely accurate.

His 24-48 hours timeframe has passed....Strike one against Gambone

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05