Gambo thinks the Suns should trade Amare

cly2tw

Reaction score
Al Jefferson would be good as one of two 1st-tier players any contending team would need. I'd have no problem to have him replace Amare. But it'd then make even more sense to get rid of Nash at the same time.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Arent you the guy who said lou is barely a lesser version of lee? and that in a year robin lopez will be better than berdiens?

Its hard to swallow any assumptions you might have anymore. And your theory that lee would do considerably worse here in phx than in NY is because we have nash?

I dunno man.

My statement about Nash being figured out by most teams meanwhile is not an assumption. It's my observation from watching the games. And you don't seem to disagree there either.

NY has been blown off the court so often this season, you don't know how really to interpret the numbers from so much garbage time. With Amare, his performance in playoffs has been quite stunning. As I said, I simply don't like having another episode of Marion (well Lee now) taking a lot cap as the 3rd/4th best player on a contending team.

I like Lou with his contract better then Lee with his future one. And Robin has the potential to be better than Biedrins. Actually, I like his man-defense already better than Biedrins, who only has rebounding edge over Robin right now and a way bigger contract.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Really? Jefferson is no-where near what he was before the injury right now.

He is a strictly halfcourt player. No factor defensively and has exclusively played for horrible teams so far.

He'd be a risk just like re-signing Amare and a bad fit unless we trade Nash.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I am sick of hearing about Chicago. I have come to the conclusion that Tyrus Thomas is quite possibly the player with the lowest basketball IQ in the entire league. I don't want him anywhere near our few young players.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am sick of hearing about Chicago. I have come to the conclusion that Tyrus Thomas is quite possibly the player with the lowest basketball IQ in the entire league. I don't want him anywhere near our few young players.

Chicago really screwed up 1-2 years ago when they failed to trade any of their stock-piled young talent for an All-Star.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Chicago really screwed up 1-2 years ago when they failed to trade any of their stock-piled young talent for an All-Star.

Gordon, Sefolosha, Tyrus. They could have returned something. Yet, they signed Nocioni, Hinrich, Deng to big contracts. That's the wrong business model we should try to avoid. Don't sign any such deals before you know where your franchise or almost franchise players are. Don't just trade for Jamison, Butler, Deng, Lee etc as if they were any assets on a rebuilding team.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yet the Bulls still have plenty of young talent, have looked decent in the playoffs, just beat the Suns, and still have a first round pick this year.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Yet the Bulls still have plenty of young talent, have looked decent in the playoffs, just beat the Suns, and still have a first round pick this year.

After sucking like 12 years after MJ's last championship game? That's like something the Suns are now headed starting with the trade of Amare.:bang:

B-Dogg

Registered
Reaction score
After sucking like 12 years after MJ's last championship game? That's like something the Suns are now headed starting with the trade of Amare.:bang:

True but the key word in your statement was Championship, which the Suns have none of. I wouldnt mind rebuilding after the success they had I do mind be stuck in the middle with no hope of a Championship.

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
Andre Iguodala would be my top choice but I am a U of A homer so... but the 76ers are on list and they have him on Trading block.

17 7 6 2 .5

Lopez, Frye, Amundson, Clark, and Collins would need to step it up though and I'm guessing the Suns would want Jason Smith out of the deal (Speights is highly unlikely). Smith can hit the NBA 3PTer at 6'11... which would get him minutes on the Suns! :p With Iguodala on roster at the wing, Dudley could see a few minutes at PF.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Amare in his last 3 games has grabbed a total of 15 rebounds (5 in each game). There's a guy working real hard to get a max contract next year. Let's not forget that he does a wonderful job watching other players from the opposing team get rebounds and put it back for layups and dunks all day.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Iguodala. . another expensive wing. I don't think we want that. Young, athletic talent and picks. Thats what we want. Simple as that.

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
Iguodala. . another expensive wing. I don't think we want that. Young, athletic talent and picks. Thats what we want. Simple as that.

My 2nd choice would be the Nets:

Terrence Williams (Iguodala lite and strong defender)
Bobby Simmons (expiring)
Yi Jianlian
Nets 2nd Rounder (which would be the top Pick in the 2nd Round, currently).
cash

Terrence Williams was my top choice for the Suns Pick; Yi is an upgraded version of Channing; the Pick could always be a future 1st Rounder but I'm guessing it's going to pretty high in 2nd, and '10 could really be a deep Draft.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
That would be acceptable although I don't like Yi but he will be a good enough player at least off the bench. Would like the pick to get an unprotected 2011 pick from them however.

They also have Dallas first rounder which isn't much but at least something.

On the flip side that would make us Nets the basically except with the worse Lopez at Center and Nash instead of Harris. Might as well trade Nash for Harris.

Last edited:

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would prefer if there was a first rounder involved, not a second round. The difference between first and second round talent is huge, even if it is the first pick of that round. What I really want is a young, athletic 4 a la Randolph. I think this type of player plays extremely well next to Nash. But I'd probably take this deal. Better than nothing.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
the first pick in the 2nd round is one of the most valuable picks outside of the lottery because you are the first to chose from players that have lot of talent but some question marks that keep teams from wanting to give them guaranteed first round contracts, see Dejuan Blair, Gilbert Arenas, Monta Ellis or DeAndre Jordan.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I hope Kerr can get something productive done. I can't sit through the second half watching the greatness of Amar'e anymore.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
That would be acceptable although I don't like Yi but he will be a good enough player at least off the bench. Would like the pick to get an unprotected 2011 pick from them however.

They also have Dallas first rounder which isn't much but at least something.

On the flip side that would make us Nets the basically except with the worse Lopez at Center and Nash instead of Harris. Might as well trade Nash for Harris.

I am not so much enamored with low first rounders. You pay them first round money and more than likely they will be scrubs. If we can get their no. 1, omg. :) :D

Not happening but hey one can dream!