Gambo thinks the Suns should trade Amare

HooverDam

Reaction score
How do you decide this? In what way is Frye's game more "center-like" than Stoudemire's? Frye usually is assigned to guard the other team's most dangerous big man, but that's just to cut down on Stoudemire's foul trouble.

When Stoudemire and Frye are on the floor together, I see no rational reason to call one the center over the other. The truth is that neither is.

Like you said in your 1st paragraph Frye is guarding the other teams center, so he's at least doing something Center-ish. Amare isnt playing like a Center on offense or defense, so he's clearly not the 5. At least Frye looks like a Center out there 50% of the time.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Like you said in your 1st paragraph Frye is guarding the other teams center

Actually I said he's assigned to guard the other team's most dangerous big man. For example, against Dallas he would be on Nowitzki and Stoudemire would be on Dampier. (I can't say Frye "guards" anyone, since he doesn't, so that's why I have to use the convoluted "is assigned to guard" construction.)

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The sad reailty is this... The Suns are NOT going to be able to trade Amare.. why?

A. he is going to walk next year, and very similar to Dansby, I think he is really looking forward to getting wooed...

B. Sarver/Kerr have shown time and time again they will adventually give in and lose the trade big time, so othe GMs in the league are simply waiting for that time... if the Suns don't include a 1st round pick into the Amare trade, teams are walking..

So as nice as it is to specualte, Amare is going to walk for NOTHING at the end of the year, because of the incompitence of our F.O., and will go down YET AGAIN as another epic failure that has happend to the suns since Sarver took over...

:bang:

I really only would like a 1st round pick and expiering contracts for Amare, thats it, and I will bet anything Sarver/Kerr won't even be able to get that for a top 15-20 player right now...

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
S&T is the only way we are going to get good value for Amare. Look for CHI, HOU, OKC or CLE to be in the mix. Those teams would like to get a quality big man and may not want to take the chance that Bosh signs with them this offseason.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like you said in your 1st paragraph Frye is guarding the other teams center, so he's at least doing something Center-ish. Amare isnt playing like a Center on offense or defense, so he's clearly not the 5. At least Frye looks like a Center out there 50% of the time.

How do you decide this? In what way is Frye's game more "center-like" than Stoudemire's? Frye usually is assigned to guard the other team's most dangerous big man, but that's just to cut down on Stoudemire's foul trouble.

When Stoudemire and Frye are on the floor together, I see no rational reason to call one the center over the other. The truth is that neither is.

Are we all watching the same games? I have seen a trend with Amare on the Centers and Frye on the PF's.

I guess it doesn't matter much because neither is really playing any defense.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Are we all watching the same games? I have seen a trend with Amare on the Centers and Frye on the PF's.

I guess it doesn't matter much because neither is really playing any defense.

Hardly, we need to cut ties and get some more athletic youth in here.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Yes, exactly, because the other team's PF is usually the more dangerous scorer. It's all about trying to keep Stoudemire out of foul trouble.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, exactly, because the other team's PF is usually the more dangerous scorer. It's all about trying to keep Stoudemire out of foul trouble.

I get that part in theory but I am not sure that is the case anymore. If they continue down the path of starting Lopez then Amare is going back to playing PF's again. Lopez is WAY WAY WAY to slow to play PF. Frye was getting worked even worse by PF then playing centers.

Amare is going to have to man up on defense if Lopez stays in the starting lineup.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I get that part in theory but I am not sure that is the case anymore. If they continue down the path of starting Lopez then Amare is going back to playing PF's again. Lopez is WAY WAY WAY to slow to play PF.

This is losing touch with the discussion, which is whether Frye is any more of a center than Stoudemire is.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is losing touch with the discussion, which is whether Frye is any more of a center than Stoudemire is.

Well I didn't make the comment about Amare not playing PF because of the "danger" you did and I responded that Amare will have to man up.

For what it is worth, I think Frye is definitely more of a center then Amare.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The Suns making Amare play center is the best thing that ever happened to Amare. If he had been drafted by a team with a legit center he would have been a good PF but how many All Star games would he have made behind Duncan, Dirk...

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns making Amare play center is the best thing that ever happened to Amare. If he had been drafted by a team with a legit center he would have been a good PF but how many All Star games would he have made behind Duncan, Dirk...

Great for the All-Star game but horrible for his career. Amare playing out of position has not been good for Amare the basketball player....only Amare the All-star.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
The sad reailty is this... The Suns are NOT going to be able to trade Amare.. why?

A. he is going to walk next year, and very similar to Dansby, I think he is really looking forward to getting wooed...

B. Sarver/Kerr have shown time and time again they will adventually give in and lose the trade big time, so othe GMs in the league are simply waiting for that time... if the Suns don't include a 1st round pick into the Amare trade, teams are walking..

So as nice as it is to specualte, Amare is going to walk for NOTHING at the end of the year, because of the incompitence of our F.O., and will go down YET AGAIN as another epic failure that has happend to the suns since Sarver took over...

:bang:

I really only would like a 1st round pick and expiering contracts for Amare, thats it, and I will bet anything Sarver/Kerr won't even be able to get that for a top 15-20 player right now...

Where did you buy your time machine?

And what a ray of sunshine this post is. At this point, why are you even a fan?

Look, I understand that the Suns are probably headed for a rough few seasons, but I just wanted to point out that this is probably the biggest doom and gloom post I've seen.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

Another team might have actually build a team around him so he would have gotten a lot more credit individiually.

And I heard other teams fans are quiet good at voting for their guys too.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i want david lee. he's a stud, cost effective, cares about defense and rebounding, can play the 4 and 5, and nash would only make him better. trade amare for him now!!!

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Lee's better than Amare. He may not be flashy but

a) team player
b) great on the glass
c) can score too in a high paced offense
d) better d than amare and improving

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lee's better than Amare. He may not be flashy but

a) team player
b) great on the glass
c) can score too in a high paced offense
d) better d than amare and improving

He is also much cheaper so he is going no where. He will be a nice fit along side a real max player.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Even though Lee has a decent scoring average, he cannot create like Amare and the Suns need a scorer like that. If the Suns had a scorer like Carmelo or Wade, I would likely rather have Lee than Amare.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Even though Lee has a decent scoring average, he cannot create like Amare and the Suns need a scorer like that. If the Suns had a scorer like Carmelo or Wade, I would likely rather have Lee than Amare.

I see a lot of Lee's games now and he is developing his outside range and he has nice moves and quickness inside. He is not as quick as Amare but he is a lot smarter than Amare and makes great decisions on the court. Your right, if you can add him with a max you'll have a good team.

How about Joe Johnson and Lee next offseason?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
First of all Lee is not better.

Second of all if Lee was all that he will definately be offered the max as well so we might just as well resign Amare.

Third of all if he was all that then why would New York trade him or let him go.

Joe Johnson and David Lee are FAs THIS offseason not next.

I just love how people think we could trade Amare for Lee and then magically resign Lee for cheap.

If we trade Amare for lesser talent and then overpay for them just to ride out the Nash era I am seriously going to quit following this team. No way I can put up with watching another 2010-11 season where we are just mediocre with the same old soft team just Lee instead of Amare. Just even worse in the halfcourt when we already can't even run the ball consistantly anymore.

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
So if we trade Amare we have to look at talented players in their first 2 years in the league that don't have much value right now, like Anthony Randolph, Jerryd Bayless or DeAndre Jordan for example.
And as many and as high draftpicks as possible.

Trading Amare for a 1 1/2 years younger 6'9 C/F Lee and resigning that guy is a lateral move. Probably a step back too. Not going to get better but at the same time refusing to rebuild to keep this mediocre at best team alive.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
First of all Lee is not better.

Second of all if Lee was all that he will definately be offered the max as well so we might just as well resign Amare.

Third of all if he was all that then why would New York trade him or let him go.

Joe Johnson and David Lee are FAs THIS offseason not next.

I just love how people think we could trade Amare for Lee and then magically resign Lee for cheap.

If we trade Amare for lesser talent and then overpay for them just to ride out the Nash era I am seriously going to quit following this team. No way I can put up with watching another 2010-11 season where we are just mediocre with the same old soft team just Lee instead of Amare. Just even worse in the halfcourt when we already can't even run the ball consistantly anymore.

No one is going to offer Lee the max. Amare shouldn't be offered max money so why should Lee get max. Amare might get max money as he has a lot of hype around him. I know you love Amare so I get that you won't understand how truly one-dimensional a player Amare is. I'd like to get Lee in. At least he knows where to be on the court which is a big part of defense. I don't want to trade Amare for Lee either. I rather just let this season run its course and part ways with Amare. If you can trade him for a young PG or SG then by all means do it ( I don't think we will get back much with Kerr running the show). You have your opinions, I have mine. I think Lee is better than Amar'e. Dude gets 11.2 rebounds per game and has one less PPG than Amar'e (who plays in a far better offense) and both guys have the same number of FGA per game.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
So if we trade Amare we have to look at talented players in their first 2 years in the league that don't have much value right now, like Anthony Randolph, Jerryd Bayless or DeAndre Jordan for example.
And as many and as high draftpicks as possible.

Trading Amare for a 1 1/2 years younger 6'9 C/F Lee and resigning that guy is a lateral move. Probably a step back too. Not going to get better but at the same time refusing to rebuild to keep this mediocre at best team alive.

Lee is a better PF than Amare will ever be. When do you ever see Lee getting 5 rebounds in a game? He had 3 games where he had 6 or less (5) rebounds.. Amare? 13! (This season so far)

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Why should Lee get the max? Show me one top notch big man that didn't get paid in the NBA.

Show me one top big man in the league right now that is not :
a) overpaid
b) maxed out
c) on a rookie contract

Of course Lee will get paid just like Amare.