Game Thread - Suns @ Lakers - Sunday April 30, 2006 **12:30 pm**

PhiLLmattiC

Last of a Dying Breed
Reaction score
jibikao said:
Imagine Nash winning the MVP and not in the playoff games? Oh, that will be the biggest insult and comedy.

Oh, and it will be a greatest comedy if they change the MVP award AFTER Suns got eliminated. lol Man, I can't wait to see what happens.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I'm sure they won't do that though. Has tehre ever been co-mvps?

jibikao

Reaction score
PhiLLmattiC said:
Yeah thats what I was thinking. I'm sure they won't do that though. Has tehre ever been co-mvps?

That's why if Suns still have pride in them, take this series to game 7 and seal it. That's all I have to say.

golfcardfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think the suns could still win this series.... oh wait playing the lakers and their 3 extra guys in stripes will assure we don't. I for one just hope someone sacks up and blast the NBA and officials for the garbage that has went on this series!

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renz said:
I haven't posted in this forum since the playoffs started for that reason. I just got a little tired of the refs getting all the credit for the Lakers' success. I won't be back to this forum.

Continue the Suns daisy-chaining since opposing fans aren't welcome, unlike the Cardinals forum where discourse with opposing fans is actually encouraged.

No I would have banned most of the trolling in here by now in the Cardinals forum. Sorry but it is the truth.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Irregardless of officiating...

Again the Lakers made huge shots. I am pretty bummed right now because it definitely seems like it is not our year.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
golfcardfan said:
I think the suns could still win this series.... oh wait playing the lakers and their 3 extra guys in stripes will assure we don't. I for one just hope someone sacks up and blast the NBA and officials for the garbage that has went on this series!

The series ended today for intents and purposes. The Refs will be real - REAL neighborly in game 4. Too late.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
WildBB said:
The series ended today for intents and purposes. The Refs will be real - REAL neighborly in game 4. Too late.

Unless this is a best of 5 it is certainly not over.

I really can't call myself a Suns fan, as I haven't followed the NBA since the strike. However, I seem to remember us thinking we wrapped up the Rockets back in the Mid-90s.

Suns need their fans more than ever right now. Give them a pick up to get Game 5. Then maybe they grab the momentum, steal Game 6 in LA.....at that point it is ONE GAME....here in PHX with the momentum.

It ain't over til it's over.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
However, I seem to remember us thinking we wrapped up the Rockets back in the Mid-90s.

That's right. A tough team is never out of it, because as the series goes on, the officials will permit more and more contact. It's the soft team that has to post four wins as quickly as possible, before anyone catches on.

This series is over. The Suns have been running uphill, and the incline is only going to get steeper.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
Unless this is a best of 5 it is certainly not over.

I really can't call myself a Suns fan, as I haven't followed the NBA since the strike. However, I seem to remember us thinking we wrapped up the Rockets back in the Mid-90s.

Suns need their fans more than ever right now. Give them a pick up to get Game 5. Then maybe they grab the momentum, steal Game 6 in LA.....at that point it is ONE GAME....here in PHX with the momentum.

It ain't over til it's over.
Their backs are against the wall - we'll see. How many teams have overcome 3-1 deficites in the playoffs. Not many. Sure it could happen - it'll be a LONG SHOT.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
elindholm said:
However, I seem to remember us thinking we wrapped up the Rockets back in the Mid-90s.

That's right. A tough team is never out of it, because as the series goes on, the officials will permit more and more contact. It's the soft team that has to post four wins as quickly as possible, before anyone catches on.

This series is over. The Suns have been running uphill, and the incline is only going to get steeper.

There's a big difference with the Rocket team and the Suns' - they could control the boards and had Hakeem. There were more second chance shots again - and it's not changing.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
No No No - L Gay is a metro area of 9 MILLION,
big TV market.
The refs have their orders.
NO Laker fans allowed to go to Cardinals games.
They can go to Charger games.
Or Raiders.

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
I'm very angry at the loss.

But i'm more angry that we didn't call these A holes (the refs) out in the press conf. Come on! That is incredibly SOFT! We need to make a stand, none of this, "We had our chances" shyt! F THAT! Mike D needs to get angry. I'm sick of the same ole after game quotes, especially after such a controversial blunder by the refs. It's not good enough and nothing will be done if we don't speak LOUD about it... Atleast put some pressure back on these crooks!

I still believe in this team. We had great energy from the start. Had very good looks all night. Boris needs to continue his great play down low. He's hard to stop. Shawn is back. It's not over yet.

jibikao

Reaction score
Billythekid said:
I'm very angry at the loss.

But i'm more angry that we didn't call these A holes (the refs) out in the press conf. Come on! That is incredibly SOFT! We need to make a stand, none of this, "We had our chances" shyt! F THAT! Mike D needs to get angry. I'm sick of the same ole after game quotes, especially after such a controversial blunder by the refs. It's not good enough and nothing will be done if we don't speak LOUD about it... Atleast put some pressure back on these crooks!

I still believe in this team. We had great energy from the start. Had very good looks all night. Boris needs to continue his great play down low. He's hard to stop. Shawn is back. It's not over yet.

This team needs to win game 5. Take it back to Laker's. I don't care how. That's the least they can do. Take it to game 6.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Its not over until Lakers win 4...Remember a few seasons ago, when Magic was up 3-1 against Pistons.We know what happened after that...Game 4 was more unlucky than anything.

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
Saw the game this morning. I was pretty happy to see that the players (including Marion) played with at least some energy and intensity. And then I've thrown up my coffee and viennoiseries.

After such a masquerade, I think I must be masochist or totally moronic to follow the NBA and definitively disgusted by the officiating as a suns fan. I didn't want to complain (some would say whine but whatever) about it after the second and third games, because the bad calls weren't the main reason of the losses.

But that fourth game is really too hard to swallow for me, we have been totally robbed.

I still hope (there's some reasons after all) that, by some kind of miracle, we'll see an angry Suns team take the last three games, and I'm extactic about it. But I'm afraid that won't be enough. And please, fellow ASFNers going to the 5th game : make some freaking noise and put the arena on fire !

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05