Game Thread - Suns @ Lakers - Sunday April 30, 2006 **12:30 pm**

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renz said:
Seriously, as a whole, no one cries about the refs more than PHX fans.

The Lakers are making the plays and Phoenix isn't. Jackson is outcoaching D'Antoni. Odom is outplaying PHX by himself.

That's why it's 3-1. Anyone can cherry-pick foul calls and blame the refereeing for a loss. If PHX passes the ball inbounds at the end of the 4th then they win. Did the refs steal the ball too or was that Smush and Kobe making amazing plays?

I'm with you, I never said the game was well officiated. Terrible, terrible calls both ways.

BTW, Sarver is Hi-larious.

A-Bomb

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Please....DID YOU NOT SEE KOBE WHINE TO THE REFS THE ENTIRE GAME?

STop this BS crap about SUNS fans whining...EVERYONE WHINES...and KOBE WHINED ALL FREAKING GAME...
Go back and check the threads, Mike. It's embarrassing. There is a "we got jobbed by the refs" thread after every game.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
Renz said:

The Lakers are making the plays and Phoenix isn't. Jackson is outcoaching D'Antoni. Odom is outplaying PHX by himself.

That's why it's 3-1. Anyone can cherry-pick foul calls and blame the refereeing for a loss. If PHX passes the ball inbounds at the end of the 4th then they win. Did the refs steal the ball too or was that Smush and Kobe making amazing plays?
Great - another blind idiot.
if you can't admit the lakers are getting every call - you are blind.
Go back to LA and quit polluting our great state.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:

STop this BS crap about SUNS fans whining...EVERYONE WHINES...and KOBE WHINED ALL FREAKING GAME...

Don't waste your time with these idiot Faker fans. **** 'em, coming on a Suns board to argue and talk ****, what a bunch of punk ********.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renz said:
Go back and check the threads, Mike. It's embarrassing. There is a "we got jobbed by the refs" thread after every game.

Renz...all I'm saying is every team's fans do it...

And Kobe does it all game...if the MVP of your team does it, then who are you to talk?

And finally, the announcers were even talking about the BS no-call on Nash at the end...so we have every right to complain.

The NBA has carried a stigma of fixing things to get the most ratings they can...and that's why this happens.

So just leave us Suns fans alone to cry about it for awhile...we don't need Laker's fans here talking to us about whining to refs...you are up 3-1, go find a Laker's board and let us drink our sour milk.

jibikao

Reaction score
abomb said:
I'm with you, I never said the game was well officiated. Terrible, terrible calls both ways.

BTW, Sarver is Hi-larious.

A-Bomb

I am fine with bad officiating but when Suns was up TWICE with only a few seconds left. The ball went to the best FT in the league, Nash. The first one is unquestonable but the second one is TOTALLY BS and you are here to say it was "fine"??? Laker was down TWICE and they need to FOUL.

You know what, you Faker fans are freaking unbelievable. If the situation was the other way around, I bet you **** your pants.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:

Then at the end when LA was swarming nothing was called. It was like we don't get any respect in spite of what we accomplished this yr.

The other problem is we a just not physical enough. LA is no manhandling team either - but they feel they can whip up on the Suns.

Marion played decently today. Finally with a sense of urgency. Not his normal game.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Renz said:

That's why it's 3-1. Anyone can cherry-pick foul calls and blame the refereeing for a loss.

Okay seriously ****. The lakers have been getting away with murder ever since their run with Shaq and Kobe.

I understand superstars getting away with the occassional travel, palm, whatever. However the lack of calls from earlier in this series is downright nauseating. Thug basketball is encouraged and borderline promoted ... I've seen less fouling in pickup games

2 cheap shots by Laker players in the last game and zero ZERO punishment. The inmates run the assylum ... the league has lost complete control

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WastedFate said:
Shut the **** up, seriously. Can you find nothing better to do than troll?

Wow, Suns fans, including Chandler Mike, have such colorful language. Didn't see that coming.

How is it trolling to say "If Steve Nash hits his shots - you guys win." ??

The commentators pointed out he had missed nine consecutive OPEN looks. His shots were in-and-out. If only one of those fell in - game over.

BTW: Props to Tim Thomas for playing and playing well. Who knew he'd turn it on so much in the postseason?

Last edited:

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Wow, Suns fans, including Chandler Mike, have such colorful language. Didn't see that coming.

The commentators pointed out he had missed nine consecutive OPEN looks. His shots were in-and-out. If only one of those fell in - game over.

BTW: Props to Tim Thomas for playing and playing well. Who knew he'd trun it on so much in the postseason?

**** you troll, go away. Nobody here gives a **** what you think. Don't you get it? Go away!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:

BTW: Props to Tim Thomas for playing and playing well. Who knew he'd trun it on so much in the postseason?

YES!!!! i finally found one

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:

Brian...I've asked you THREE TIMES now to stop posting on this board...not sure why you are still able to right now...but if you do it one more time...that's it.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
I watched the last five minutes, that was more than enough.

I used to watch 3 games a night on league pass, I'm not sure I could stomach that much anymore. Is viewership climbing in the NBA?

It had a brief flux last year when we saw the Suns and Mavs were doing well but later tanked when it was a San Antonio/Detroit hackathon in the finals

Fastbreak basketball used to be encouraged and the games were entertaining but now the Larry Brown "right way to play basketball" is encouraged and the league is unwatchable

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
justAndy said:
Go back to LA and quit polluting our great state.

I suppose all of the Cardinals fans who do not live in the state should give up their team too?

C'mon, Andy. You're better than that.

jibikao

Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:

How about you talk about the fact that Suns HAD the game twice and when Laker needs to give a foul, the refs don't call any? Why don't you talk about this?

You ONLY want to talk about the things that are in Laker's favor and that's troll on this board.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:

No kidding. My God! I guess dropping F-Bombs and telling long-time board members to F-off is okay as long as you are swigging the Laker haterade.

I realize emotions are running high, but come on. :(

NastyOne

Suns 4 Life...Probably...Maybe
Reaction score
Okay people can say what they want about us crying and whatever, but there were to 3 clear cut calls at the end that were missed.

1- Nash called a timeout

2- Walton's right foot was out of bounds when they called the jump ball

3- On the jump ball, Walton and Nash both missed the ball on the first jump and then Walton tipped it back while he was already back on the ground.The play should have resulted in another jump ball since you're not allowed to come down and then tip the ball back.

The NBA is gonna look real bad in the eyes of many after this major screw up by the refs.

Plain and simple the Suns got screwed out of a win at the end by the officials in this game.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Brian...I've asked you THREE TIMES now to stop posting on this board...not sure why you are still able to right now...but if you do it one more time...that's it.

Guess he's ignoring you? Ban his ass.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renz said:
No kidding. My God! I guess dropping F-Bombs and telling long-time board members to F-off is okay as long as you are swigging the Laker haterade.

You know what...Renz...this is a Suns forum...you know we're pissed, so coming on here...is just asking for it to happen, and instigating it.

Don't blame us for it all...you guys know what you're doing.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renz said:

If they were up 3-1 I'm sure we'd be welcome so they could rub it in our face. :thumbup:

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I'm not usually one to complain about the officiating, and I still think there is some partial blame to the suns/D'antoni for not calling the timeout before the ball was inbounded, but I agree, that was complete and utter BS.

Two guys were yelling at the ref for a timeout, two guys are all over Nash, and they call a jumpball?!?

I've never been so frustrated by watching a suns game before, not even when they were up against San Antonio last year. I really hate to blame it on the refs, but in this instance I feel it is warranted.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I apologize for my comments earlier. Just caught up in the moment of watching my team go up 3-1 in a terribly exciting fashion. No hard feelings; Tuesday should be good.

A-Bomb

jibikao

Reaction score
Renz said:

If you TRULY realize the emotions are running high, then you won't say this. Suns got robbed, not Laker.

Stop spin it. We are pissed and we have the right to get pissed. Faker fans come here and post nonsense stuff and expect us to say "yeah, I agree with you."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05