Game Thread - Suns @ Lakers - Sunday April 30, 2006 **12:30 pm**

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
NastyOne said:
3- On the jump ball, Walton and Nash both missed the ball on the first jump and then Walton tipped it back while he was already back on the ground.The play should have resulted in another jump ball since you're not allowed to come down and then tip the ball back..

I was wondering about this too. I thought there should have been a rejump but I wasn't clear on the rule.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
jibikao said:
You didn't watch? Oh, you should. This is the classic robbery in the end.

I'd rather watch the 2nd day of the NFL draft then anymore of this garbage (which is exactly what I did)

The league is a mess and either needs to admit some serious officiating errors or better yet fix it. I understand physical basketball being allowed but when you have more flagrant fouls and suspendable offenses in the first few games of each series then they've had in years ... they should know something is up. Instead the league is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic and saying everything is fine while viewership goes away.

Its a sad state of affairs. I love basketball and like Bratwurst I would make excuses to watch games but now ... I'm luck if the games can keep me entertained for more than a qtr if that

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
You know what...Renz...this is a Suns forum...you know we're pissed, so coming on here...is just asking for it to happen, and instigating it.

Don't blame us for it all...you guys know what you're doing.
I haven't posted in this forum since the playoffs started for that reason. I just got a little tired of the refs getting all the credit for the Lakers' success. I won't be back to this forum.

Continue the Suns daisy-chaining since opposing fans aren't welcome, unlike the Cardinals forum where discourse with opposing fans is actually encouraged.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why can't the couple of Laker fans just take their posts to "The Official Lakers" Thread??

I've been reading up on our draft picks....not sure what happened....but why would Cardinal fans be rubbing ANYTHING into anyone else??

Don't anger the swarm....just take it to the right forum.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
Why can't the couple of Laker fans just take their posts to "The Official Lakers" Thread??

I've been reading up on our draft picks....not sure what happened....but why would Cardinal fans be rubbing ANYTHING into anyone else??

Fair enough. Let's go Lakers fans.

A-Bomb

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
If they were up 3-1 I'm sure we'd be welcome so they could rub it in our face. :thumbup:

Give me a break. There's no possible way that the Suns could ever be up 3-1 on the Lakers under circumstances like these. You know that perfectly well. The only way the Suns can beat the Lakers is to do so decisively, in a game that is well out of reach of the officials' errors -- because when push comes to shove, every critical "mistake" at the end is going to benefit the Lakers, and that's too much to overcome. As a Laker fan, you literally have never experienced losses like these in consecutive games, and most likely you never will.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
When coaches can call a time out next year it will be helpful in situations like these.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
When coaches can call a time out next year it will be helpful in situations like these.

No, the officials will just say that they didn't see the coach asking for time out.

jibikao

Reaction score
Renz said:
I haven't posted in this forum since the playoffs started for that reason. I just got a little tired of the refs getting all the credit for the Lakers' success. I won't be back to this forum.

Continue the Suns daisy-chaining since opposing fans aren't welcome, unlike the Cardinals forum where discourse with opposing fans is actually encouraged.

I hope you are serious about leaving. Please be a man of your word. You KNEW damn well why we are pissed and now you are asking "why are we this mad?"

You don't deserve to be here anyway.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
elindholm said:

No, the officials will just say that they didn't see the coach asking for time out.

Sad, but true. I guess they should implement some buttom the coaches have on their seat to stop the game:)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:

That thread should be in this forum as it was originally posted. It wasn't taken seriously even though its intention was to keep all of the Lakers' fans posts in one thread so as to not alienate the Suns fans.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Renz said:

Congratulations for being the biggest panzy Laker Fan on this board.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Renz said:

Not when people act like a-holes and come to rub it in. The only thing being done by Laker fans on this forum now is antagonizing

There is no breakdown of the game its simply "Suns fans are crybabies" and "The Suns fans are the worst when bitching about officiating". How in the hell is that not trolling or trying to cause trouble seriously?

If you want to talk about the greatness that is the Lakers and act like ***** so be it, go somewhere else. If you want to do a breakdown of the game in a cool rational manner, you're welcome here.

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
You're not going to believe this.

Yesterday, my Australian Rules Football team was down by 1 point after trailing all game. We had no right to win as we had performed sub-par the whole game. But with 30 seconds left and the ball in our forward zone, we had 1 last chance to steal a win. The TV station's countdown timer (which is not official, but usually always right) went to 0.00. The siren went. Most of the opposition heard it and started celebrating their victory by the barest of margins. However, not one of the three umpires on the ground actually heard the siren and play was allowed to continue (despite the cries of the other team) And in the next 10 seconds that ensued, we managed to scramble a point and tie the game. Then the siren sounded again for the second time.

The opposition coach, officials and players were absolutely furious, but their protests fell upon deaf ears. The match was declared a draw. Immediately after the game, the other team lodged a complaint and a 'please explain' to the AFL, but it looks like the final decision will stand.

And today after following the game all night on my mobile phone at work, I realise that my NBA team got robbed. I mean, this is what I was following

Suns 90
Lakers 85

12 seconds left

REFRESH

Suns 90
Lakers 88

7 seconds left.
(figuring we'd be fouled and someone should be able to ice the game)

REFRESH

Suns 90
Lakers 90

end of 4th.

Then in OT

Suns 98
Lakers 95

11 seconds left in OT

REFRESH

Suns 98
Lakers 99

Game Over...

Now there's a toilet door at work that I have to repair/replace

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
So the real question is, if you could trade your team's tie for a Suns win, would you? :)

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
*16 weeks left in the AFL regular season

*NBA playoffs round 1 against Lakers

No contest...

Bob Chebat

The Silencer!
Reaction score
Wow, the Suns really got "effed in the a" this afternoon. That jump ball call was absolutely ridiculous. When Marion fouled out I got a real bad taste in my mouth.

The Lakers totally exploited Nash in the final minute of regulation, he had to be tired or something to have that turnover, plus he was defending on the three that pulled the Lakers to within 2. Why didn't they call timeout instead of inbounding the ball?

Very disappointing to lose this game the way they did. Keep your chins up Suns fans, if the Red Sox and White Sox can win the World Series, the Suns can certainly win 3 in a row.

I think this may be my first ever post on the Suns board. WOW!

jibikao

Reaction score
Bob Chebat said:
Wow, the Suns really got "effed in the a" this afternoon. That jump ball call was absolutely ridiculous. When Marion fouled out I got a real bad taste in my mouth.

The Lakers totally exploited Nash in the final minute of regulation, he had to be tired or something to have that turnover, plus he was defending on the three that pulled the Lakers to within 2. Why didn't they call timeout instead of inbounding the ball?

Very disappointing to lose this game the way they did. Keep your chins up Suns fans, if the Red Sox and White Sox can win the World Series, the Suns can certainly win 3 in a row.

Not with this lineup. But thanks for the words. I just want this team to pass Faker. I don't care who they lose later.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Renz said:

If your objective in your opinions. Your welcome. This game was R***! Everyone knows the Lakers take this game the series is over. We got no respect there! Zilch!

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bob Chebat said:

Nash was holding his back the last half of the fourth and OT...I am sure he was hurting.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
About two hours later and yep....I'm still pissed.

I wonder if the refs supplied the lube or if it's something the Lakers handed out to us as a courtesy before the game...because we got F***ED!.

(Crass, I know, but I'm just too pissed right now to care).

Now we get to read how the Suns blew it. How Kobe's the MVP. How we folded under pressure.

We stood up when it counted, but you can't win a close game if the refs will allow the other team to do ANYTHING they want and not blow the whistle.

jibikao

Reaction score
ActingWild said:
About two hours later and yep....I'm still pissed.

I wonder if the refs supplied the lube or if it's something the Lakers handed out to us as a courtesy before the game...because we got F***ED!.

(Crass, I know, but I'm just too pissed right now to care).

Now we get to read how the Suns blew it. How Kobe's the MVP. How we folded under pressure.

We stood up when it counted, but you can't win a close game if the refs will allow the other team to do ANYTHING they want and not blow the whistle.

Imagine Nash winning the MVP and not in the playoff games? Oh, that will be the biggest insult and comedy.

Oh, and it will be a greatest comedy if they change the MVP award AFTER Suns got eliminated. lol Man, I can't wait to see what happens.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05