Game Thread - Suns @ Lakers - Sunday April 30, 2006 **12:30 pm**

just do it

Registered
Reaction score
Barbosa is killing this team. His D is just plain bad, his O has been pathetic, he misses more layups than the rest of the team combined. D'toni's coaching has been pathetic in allowing the same guy's to continue to kill this team.

lildyce504

Reaction score
Yea but a couple of players won't help if a coach doesn't stress defense. I'm assuming our head coach doesn't know a thing about defense, so hire someone who does....thats what they do in the NFL.

jibikao

Reaction score
We are getting our open shots but NO ONE is making them besides Nash. James Jones had a great one. He's gotta make that open 3pt.

I hope the team understands we need to make a big push when Kobe sits?

PS: I don't like the hesitation Diaw has when he tries to pass it to Nash at the top. It took too long and too predictable. Brown isn't that fast. He should have just driven inside strong. Be a little bit more flexible please. The ball doesn't have to go to Nash all the time.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
This is humiliating. The Lakers are outplaying the Suns even with Bryant trapped on the bench in foul trouble.

jibikao

Reaction score
elindholm said:
This is humiliating. The Lakers are outplaying the Suns even with Bryant trapped on the bench in foul trouble.

I don't think they are outplaying. We are about even now.

lildyce504

Reaction score
The only way we win games is to be up by 10 with 3mins to go...I don't see that happening today

jibikao

Reaction score
Has Marion hit one outside shot in this series? I mean seriously.

jibikao

Reaction score
lildyce504 said:
It feels really bad when a team beats you without there best player.

Then we should feel very good that we are without Amare and Kurt Thomas. :D (like anybody is going to give a **** about our injuries)

Who passed it back to Nash in that last play? I missed him.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Im not humiliated, really, the lakers are playing well. Im totally frustrated at our players' lack of ability to hit a single jump shot. This is just awful...

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And how bout some shred of effort on the offensive glass???? Man, Im not happy right now.

jibikao

Reaction score
We are getting our shots. I like the tempo but we are not hitting outside shots. God, it's so good to be a PURE jumpshooting team. You just want to HATE it. We have not made any good outside shots for the past 3 games. Looks like Barbosa, James Jones and Eddie House lost their touches. House came in and he did try to attack the basket when he can't even draw the foul or finish the play. I think that's why coach D sat him.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well at some point someone has to nut up and drive if they can't hit a jumper.

Marion is absolutely the worst at this. He avoids Kwame Brown like he has a STD.

jibikao

Reaction score
You know, I don't know what is wrong with our shooters. That Sasha guy has hit so many 3pt and some of them were contested. Phil Jackson certainly knows how to turn his players into "Steve Kerr" and "Pippen" when he needs to.

jibikao

Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
Well at some point someone has to nut up and drive if they can't hit a jumper.

Marion is absolutely the worst at this. He avoids Kwame Brown like he has a STD.

He avoids almost anybody. You know what's funny? One time Marion had a mismatch (Parker on him) down there and Nash chose to take the long jumper. The commendator said Nash should have gone inside to Marion... and I was telling myself, "Maybe not..."

Edit: If we need to rely on our "drives" to win the game, we are already lost. If you are open, you've gotta take the shots. If you don't, you sit. There's no plan B. Only Diaw/Nash have 2nd options.

Last edited:

lildyce504

Reaction score
We need rebounding if we are going to have a chance. Since we can't drop a bucket from the outside.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
totally. If I see Marion make an agressive move to the basket only to see the off defender rotate and then have Marion drop the ball back outside, Im going to puke. We all know that Marion cant create his own shot, and he's proving it in spades today. I loved Marion all season long, but if theres one player on this team that lends credence to the idea that Phoenix isnt a tem built for the playoffs, its him. But to be faiur, Diaw, Bell (offensively anyways), and Barbosa are all stinking it up, too. At least Bell is playing his ass off on the defensive end.

jibikao

Reaction score
lildyce504 said:
We need rebounding if we are going to have a chance. Since we can't drop a bucket from the outside.

At first I was worried about our rebounding but not anymore. This team just cannot compete in that category. We don't have the size and mentality and toughness. We've gotta hit our jumpshots. That is the only one out and coach D knows it.

lildyce504

Reaction score
jibikao said:
At first I was worried about our rebounding but not anymore. This team just cannot compete in that category. We don't have the size and mentality and toughness. We've gotta hit our jumpshots. That is the only one out and coach D knows it.

We can do a better job of it. Lets give Grant some time. I know it won't happen but we gotta try something a little different. The playoffs are about adjustments. We haven't made any!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sasha 8-10 from long range in the series. May have to change my av from Smush to Sasha.

:jedi:

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
Diaw has been super tonight.

Keep it up Suns! Marion is hitting the boards. I like it! Nash has been awesome!

We're being very aggressive.

GO SUNS!

jibikao

Reaction score
What is the difference? When Nash penetrates Diaw and Marion are MOVING in. THANK GOD. They finally figure it out standing around won't solve anything.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05