Gameday: Cards @ Patriots on NFL Network

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Renz said:
If this was the regular season, I think we'd be setting a league record for giving up first downs on 3rd down. We must have re-hired Marmie.

So far, Leinart has been the only bright spot.

This team just didn't come to play tonight.

I don't know if that's it.

Our Linebackers just don't have it and NE is exploiting that weakness very well.

On offense our line just plain stinks.

No amount of motivation will change that.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Matt already calling out audibles.:thumbup:

Matt's recievers are really letting this guy down right now.

3 dropped passes and what looked to be 2 missed routes/miscommunication as well.

NE has been picking on Blackstock in pass coverage all game and it is easily working. Blackstock looks really slow.

Still a lot of missed tackles, Hayes got run over in the end zone, and our safeties are still looking for big hits instead of the sure tackle.

If there is one thing I dont like about Pendy's D its the fact that he plays way to much off coverage. Teams can dink and dunk all day on this team and they will continue to do so until Wilson learns to cover and we get a faster center field FS.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
As for the OL. Just something I have been noticing is that there is always that one guy who is completely getting blown up. And it is killing the whole unit.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
I don't know if that's it.

Our Linebackers just don't have it and NE is exploiting that weakness very well.

On offense our line just plain stinks.

No amount of motivation will change that.

Special Teams and Defense aren't helping much. We need the offense on the field more. Who ever #5 is, he aint making the team, so thats a plus.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Matt already calling out audibles.:thumbup:

Matt's recievers are really letting this guy down right now.

3 dropped passes and what looked to be 2 missed routes/miscommunication as well.

NE has been picking on Blackstock in pass coverage all game and it is easily working. Blackstock looks really slow.

Still a lot of missed tackles, Hayes got run over in the end zone, and our safeties are still looking for big hits instead of the sure tackle.

If there is one thing I dont like about Pendy's D its the fact that he plays way to much off coverage. Teams can dink and dunk all day on this team and they will continue to do so until Wilson learns to cover and we get a faster center field FS.

Yes, I agree the receivers are letting him down, no surprise really. The bottline is despite fan attachments to many of these recivers like Edwards, they are trash, and the talent gap is very apparent from the 1st to 2nd teams.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
That makes me so mad! In the first qtr. NE had a 3rd-and-2 and Rolle was playing about 6 yards off the WR. That was the easiest 3rd down conversion you will ever see.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Renz said:
I'm so flippin' pissed right now! We look like absolute crap in just about every facet of the game.

Preseason is where we want to look like crap. If this **** continues intot the season we gotta worry. Matt is throwing to scarecrows right now. Fitz and Q would make him look a ton better. And as I type this he fumbles...

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
dogpoo32 said:
Preseason is where we want to look like crap. If this **** continues intot the season we gotta worry. Matt is throwing to scarecrows right now. Fitz and Q would make him look a ton better. And as I type this he fumbles...

I mean we can afford to... We certainly don't want to.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
This is a huge step backwards preparation wise from the first game. We looked crisp in the first game but stink today.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
It's preseason but our 2nd units look bad.

It's tough to play in NE anyway but I expected much better, poor effort, poor preparation.

Our road woes streak looks to be intact.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Blackstock looks like crap this game. Looks like he has rocks in his socks.

Kid is getting brutalized every which way. Especially in coverage. And Cassell knows it.

RichDawg

Reaction score
How many times is Sterling Sharpe going to say "decisive" when describing the quarterback? Anyways, I'm curious to see if Navarre will get some snaps in the 4th qtr.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
RichDawg said:
How many times is Sterling Sharpe going to say "decisive" when describing the quarterback? Anyways, I'm curious to see if Navarre will get some snaps in the 4th qtr.

My favortie Sharpe quote, "You can't teach that, that's a learned behavior" :shock:

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
RichDawg said:

My wife was screaming about that 5 minutes ago. And she's not even watching the game.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The good thing is that it is preseason. The line still sucks that will be a problem again for the regular season.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Blackstock looks like crap this game. Looks like he has rocks in his socks.

Kid is getting brutalized every which way. Especially in coverage. And Cassell knows it.
In the first qtr. he was covering the RB on 3rd down and Blackstock looked like he was running in mud. He didn't come close to making the play.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05