Gameday: Cards @ Patriots on NFL Network

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
Maybe Navarre is color blind.

The only thing I saw out there that really mattered to me was that the Cards LBers looked really slow and never really filled any holes. NE's TE's had 8 catches for 111 yards.

Dansby get well soon.

I agree not much to really see here, when you break it down the Pats held the ball so long we had almost no chance to do anything, we had a couple of stalled drives that boiled down to a play or a penalty here or there.

It's always tempting to try read too much into preseason, dosen't mean we'll be bad, dosen't mean we'll be good, it means almost nothing, we'll see.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
Maybe Navarre is color blind.

Vinny Testaverde is color blind. After a loss to the Giants one local radio station rented a billboard that had Vinny standing in front of a blue background with the words, "Vinny thinks this is orange."

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Cards needed this. They were getting pretty cocky. Maybe they'll work a little harder this week.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Assface said:
Vinny Testaverde is color blind. After a loss to the Giants one local radio station rented a billboard that had Vinny standing in front of a blue background with the words, "Vinny thinks this is orange."

See, maybe Navarre thought Blue with White was White with Red.

It would also explain some of Vinny's 261 career interceptions.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to really enjoy NFL Football before the Cardinals came to town. Now I'm mainly an ASU football fan. I'm the type of fan that likes to root for the home team but there has not been much to be excited about with the Cardinals.

I'm not going to vent my frustration further except to say, if the offensive line does not fire off the ball, the running backs can't run, the quarterbacks get pressured and the receivers cannot run their routes. This is one of the most pathetic showings I have seen by an offensive line. I just did not see any surge off the ball. I watched the whole game thinking no offensive line can be this bad. They were.

What can the Cardinals do to resolve this issue, I don't know, because they've had the same problem for several years. If the coaches cannot solve the problem on the offensive line... well I have no explanation other than there must not be any committment to the problem by the organization.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
Maybe the Cards needed this. They were getting pretty cocky. Maybe they'll work a little harder this week.

I'm watching the NFL network, both Mooch and Marshal Faulk seem to think it's no big deal.

Marshal pointed out the blocking dosen't have to be perfect and showed several plays Edge gained a lot of yards with pretty average or less than average blocking, things he won't show in the preseason.

I agree though it's a nice wakeup back to earth call they needed.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
OMG...we sucked tonight! What the hell was that! :mad:

I think we need to start Leinart now. Yep...now! He is a quick study and quick thinker. His first NFL game makes Navarro and last years McCown look retarted.

Think of it this way...Navarro is a horrible back-up. There's no way I wanna ever see him in a Cardinals game this year. A lot of people are saying we need a "veteran qb" for a back-up. Guess what...we already have one. His name is Kurt Warner. Start the kid. He's got "it". :thumbup:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
AZ Shocker said:
OMG...we sucked tonight! What the hell was that! :mad:

I think we need to start Leinart now. Yep...now! He is a quick study and quick thinker. His first NFL game makes Navarro and last years McCown look retarted.

Think of it this way...Navarro is a horrible back-up. There's no way I wanna ever see him in a Cardinals game this year. A lot of people are saying we need a "veteran qb" for a back-up. Guess what...we already have one. His name is Kurt Warner. Start the kid. He's got "it". :thumbup:

I disagree for two reasons. Foremost is that this offensive line looks so bad that Matt would be either shell shocked and ruined as a QBOF or on IR in three weeks.

Second Matt didn't look so good once NE started to put pressure on him. But that is most likely from not being in camp.

Cutler was 6-12 for 99 & 1TD. Young was 11-19 for 125. Really interested in how Matt does next week.

RichDawg

Reaction score
Not only would I like to see Edge play some more in the preseason, I'd like him to take some handoffs from Leinart. While it may not seem like a big deal, he may have to make adjustments grabbing the ball from a left handed QB vs. a RH QB (Warner, Manning). This could be especially important when a draw play is called.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
RichDawg said:
Not only would I like to see Edge play some more in the preseason, I'd like him to take some handoffs from Leinart. While it may not seem like a big deal, he may have to make adjustments grabbing the ball from a left handed QB vs. a RH QB (Warner, Manning). This could be especially important when a draw play is called.
It wouldn't matter...he ain't going anywhere anyways.
The real question is...would Leinart have enough time to hand the ball off to Edge, or would the defense already be there to knock it out of Leinarts hands causing a fumble. lol :D

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
I disagree for two reasons. Foremost is that this offensive line looks so bad that Matt would be either shell shocked and ruined as a QBOF or on IR in three weeks.
I hear ya man...but Warner has just as much of a chance to be on IR in three weeks as well. lol

I get the feeling that Matt wouldn't be so shell-shocked as one would imagine. He showed some stuff tonight! He might even light a fire for that o-line. It's a young team...maybe Matt's presence in the huddle would actually be beneficial over the aging Warner. Maybe those guys would relate better. I dunno...just thinking out loud. :)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, just like I thought, it took only one loss for the "Start Leinart" bandwagon to start rolling.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Well, just like I thought, it took only one loss for the "Start Leinart" bandwagon to start rolling.
:thumbup: ...and it was only a pre-season loss... wait till a regular season loss happens...

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
RichDawg said:
Not only would I like to see Edge play some more in the preseason, I'd like him to take some handoffs from Leinart.

Why, whats the point? Edge thinks the pre-season is an obligation. He doesn't take it seriously nor does Q. What does that tell you? People are getting worked up for no good reason.

When the real football starts Edge and Q will be making defenders look silly as per the usual.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Fella's...why not? C'mon...we got a great back-up (Warner). Might as well get Matt game experience. He's our future. Not Warner.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
AZ Shocker said:
Fella's...why not? C'mon...we got a great back-up (Warner). Might as well get Matt game experience. He's our future. Not Warner.

warner gives us the best chance to win. period.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZ Shocker said:

Yeah, he's the future. And the best way to screw up that future is to throw him out there before he's ready. (Remember, Carson Palmer sat out his rookie season.) Leinart might do okay, but he'll do better if we can be patient.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Yeah, he's the future. And the best way to screw up that future is to throw him out there before he's ready. (Remember, Carson Palmer sat out his rookie season.) Leinart might do okay, but he'll do better if we can be patient.

Not to mention the fact that while Leinart had 80% of the reps this week that the first team offense had little time to work together. Hence why Warner looked like he did

Also the fact that there have been 2 notable rookie QBs that won their rookie year: Big Ben and Dan Marino. Out of hundreds of QBs just 2 were successful. In short if we start Leinart this year, we're boned and are looking for a new head coach

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
In short if we start Leinart this year, we're boned and are looking for a new head coach
Well...that might not be a bad thing. I'm not sold on Denny.

Why you ask...
Hiring a cut offensive lineman to be the o-line coach last year just seems "whacked" if you know what I mean. wtf :shrug:

Not saying Denny can't get this franchise winning...just saying I've yet to see much improvement.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
B

- Our O-line doesn't look any better than it did last year (& that ain't good). Worse, yet, the problem looks chronic and we may be stuck with it for yet again another season.

- Our defensive problems are typical for early preseason but are at least correctable. Clancy would blow guys into the backfield but they'd either whiff on the tackle or overrun the play. This, in turn, put terrific pressure on the short secondary (because Brady and Cassell were able to buy additional time back there) and they were unable to cover the TE and RB in short coverage.

Remedy is for Clancy and his group to tighten up on fundamentals, so that when Adrian goes after the QB, the QB stays hit. And when Antrel comes off the corner, he gets there and makes the play. We were able to do this last year. There's no reason why we can't get back to that level this year.

Straighten these two things out, and we'll be OK. (Problem is - straightening out the O-line isn't going to be easy).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05