Gameday thread Cardinals at Bears 9-20-15

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's get this started early

Go Cardinals!

Hoping to get the running game going early. See how they use CJ and DJ

Can the D get any pressure on Cutler? I believe that will be the key because we will be trying to shut down the run game. ILB will have to step it up today.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We'll see a big copycat dosage of screen plays today. Our linebackers and SS will be the key to controlling Forte and with him, the Bears main offensive threat. I feel good about our O against their D today, especially with McPhee out too.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oline needs to keep CP upright and not allow open guys to run free and hit him.

Big Earl is under the microscope today

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's time for the City of Chicago to issue a TSUNAMI WARNING , RED SEA RISING - BABY.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
It's Cardinals @ Chicago in both MLB AND NFL...I should've planned a trip and attended both games. :(

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Inactives

Cardinals: QB Matt Barkley, WR Brittan Golden, RB Andre Ellington, LB Shaq Riddick, T D.J. Humphries, G Mike Iupati, NT Xavier Williams

Bears: WR Alshon Jeffery, DE Ego Ferguson, LB Jon Bostic, CB Tracy Porter, RB Ka’Deem Carey, C Hroniss Grasu, T Tayo Fabuluje

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I want to see Riddick play. Stinks he is inactive.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Is Kneedeep inactive due to some injury I'm unaware of, or is this because he still sucks?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want to see Riddick play. Stink he is inactive.
learning the playbook considering he missed significant time during training camp
watching his final preseason game he look like put on 20 lb in the last months
and i m worry he is not as quick as he was before

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Is Kneedeep inactive due to some injury I'm unaware of, or is this because he still sucks?

It's hard to block oncoming rushers with a foot up your butt...Also, I think the refs may consider it an unfair advantage, because he can just sit down on that foot and use it for extra support.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought X looked pretty good in preseason albeit against 2nd and 3rd string guys. Anyway he breaks into the 53 soon and rotates in at NT?

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
I thought X looked pretty good in preseason albeit against 2nd and 3rd string guys. Anyway he breaks into the 53 soon and rotate in at NT?

He's on the 53, just not the 47...I think if/when they play some run heavy teams like San Fran and Seattle, you may see him active and in the rotation.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
On boy , Humphrires has earned a spot in my WTF? Doghouse with Nickedglass. 1st rd pick; UDFA talent.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's on the 53, just not the 47...I think if/when they play some run heavy teams like San Fran and Seattle, you may see him active and in the rotation.
I meant active for the game. Thanks for the correction on the number.

Don't understand why teams can't have all their players suit up for the games in case of injuries. Why make 6 guys inactive? Who came up with this number? The NFL or NFLPA?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Don't understand why teams can't have all their players suit up for the games in case of injuries. Why make 6 guys inactive? Who came up with this number? The NFL or NFLPA?

I think it was to keep it fair as if all 53 players were healthy on one team and the other had 5 not, they wouldn't have the same amount of players.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score

Not sure how they arrived at the number, but a few collective bargaining's ago, I think the number used to be 47 on the roster and 43 active on game day...then it was upped to 53 and 47 respectively.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how they arrived at the number, but a few collective bargaining's ago, I think the number used to be 47 on the roster and 43 active on game day...then it was upped to 53 and 47 respectively.
Interesting.

I still think if you are on a roster you should be able to suit up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gotta win winnable road games with the way our schedule shakes out after having the first 3 of 4 at home and then only being home 2 of the next 9 weeks.

knock 'em down early and step on their throats. don't give a bad team hope at home.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
gotta win winnable road games with the way our schedule shakes out after having the first 3 of 4 at home and then only being home 2 of the next 9 weeks.

knock 'em down early and step on their throats. don't give a bad team hope at home.

Not to mention the brutal schedule we have in the final 6 weeks.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This 100% this

Start out strong and finish the Bears off. We have a hard time doing that. This team lacks a finishing instinct. And don't play down to their level