Gannon roasted for pep talk

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m sure you have a very baroque explanation for why this isn’t being a jerk, but here is one example:

Does anyone here think this is being a jerk? I mean, every HC in the league must be a jerk. What an A-hole, ripping into a player for doing something wrong then realising he might have taken it too far and apologising.

"After he ripped into a player during a meeting this summer, one of his assistants pulled him aside afterward, telling him he crossed the line. Gannon thought about it for a minute, then realized the assistant was right."

2022 K9: Kliff is too soft. Players have no respect for him. The team has no direction or character.

2023 K9: JG shouted at a player. He's a jerk. I'm very concerned.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Lol… based on nothing? it’s based on the years of trash drafting/FA decisions.

oh… right… you contend that those were all Keim and Kliff’s fault, right? Well, guess what… that idiot you blame for all the terrible decisions ALSO was the same idiot who PUT THIS SCOUTING TEAM TOGETHER. But I’m sure he was great at that part of the job, right?

come on guys…
No that is not the way I look at it. I have no idea of the truth. What I am trying to convey is that there is a possibility that there was a disconnect between the coach, the GM, and the scouting staff.

That idiot as to label him also was named executive of the year and assembled a team that went to the NFC championship game. So blind squirrel? Most likely but if he found a nut once it's possible they can find another.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
First thought--Zach Allen has a 6mill cap hit and half this board is crying he's too expensive lol

Lazard would have been a good signing. Same with Sutton. Just over a 3 mill cap hit each on multi-year deals. Both in their prime. That's two at a quick glance. But nah, nobody available in that range that could've helped us.

Obtuse, or deliberately so, comes to mind.

If Allen were a $6m per season expense, not many would disagree that not re-signing him was a mistake.

But he isn't.

Zach Allen signed a 3-year, $45,750,000 contract with the Denver Broncos, including a $15,000,000 signing bonus, $32,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $15,250,000. In 2023, Allen will earn a base salary of $2,250,000 and a signing bonus of $15,000,000 while carrying a cap hit of $6,000,000 and a dead cap value of $32,500,000.

In 2024, his Cap hit is $19m and then $17m in 2025.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Does anyone here think this is being a jerk? I mean, every HC in the league must be a jerk. What an A-hole, ripping into a player for doing something wrong then realising he might have taken it too far and apologising.

"After he ripped into a player during a meeting this summer, one of his assistants pulled him aside afterward, telling him he crossed the line. Gannon thought about it for a minute, then realized the assistant was right."

2022 K9: Kliff is too soft. Players have no respect for him. The team has no direction or character.

2023 K9: JG shouted at a player. He's a jerk. I'm very concerned.
Blah blah blah. Imagine how out-of-line you have to be to have an assistant come and tell you.

That’s the real dude.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
The players have said how much they love playing for Gannon, yet you jump on a second account from a media nobody, who may have an axe to grind, to run down Gannon. Give me break. Context is important and who knows how this interaction really went down, and how the team or player felt about it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blah blah blah. Imagine how out-of-line you have to be to have an assistant come and tell you.

That’s the real dude.
Eh… I’ll give him a pass on this one. true a-holes have a pathological inability to EVER admit they’re wrong, much less A-holes in true positions of power.

Dude’s a rookie HC faced with an expansion team level roster. He’s probably gonna break a ton of eggs before he makes his first omelette… if he can make an omelette at all.

Wouldn’t have been my choice to pair such a horrific roster with a movie head coach, but dude doesn’t need to be tarred and feather for EVERYTHING he does. He gives us plenty to criticize as is at this point. No need to make mountains out of molehills.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The players have said how much they love playing for Gannon, yet you jump on a second account from a media nobody, who may have an axe to grind, to run down Gannon. Give me break. Context is important and who knows how this interaction really went down, and how the team or player felt about it.
Quotes please. It's very hard to go to the press and talk about how much you hate working with your boss. Especially in a NEP-type environment that historically is rife with paranoia.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Quotes please. It's very hard to go to the press and talk about how much you hate working with your boss. Especially in a NEP-type environment that historically is rife with paranoia.
An excerpt from the article linked....that's been shared before. Everyone who questions the uniform/clothing thing should read this again. Lots of questions answered.

You must be registered for see images attach

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Wow!

And what exactly do you know about what Monti and his scouting staff are doing at this point?
Wow, purposefully misrepresenting by using only one part of the quote. Surprise surprise. Let's make it simple (er) for you:

1--People excused Monti's inaction because he was stuck with the old scouting staff
2--Monti still has the same scouting staff
3--The college season has started, so it's too late to replace the scouting staff
4--The excuses were wrong

All better for ya?

Stout

Reaction score
Apart from the fact Lazard went to the Jets to be with Rodgers who he knew was going there I'm still not sure how us spending $11m per on a guy who's best year is 788 yards would have been a wise move.

I'm not sure paying $11m per for a slot corner would have been great either. I know he's played outside some but he's 5'11" and run 4.52.

I think both would have been very poor ways to spend money for this team, and I'd rather have Wilson and Clark personally.
The upshot of this post was about as surprising as the Cards losing this season. No matter what name I put down, you'd have been against it. One of several reasons I never went down this road. Thanks for the confirmation!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
This

Still waiting for the new hires

Just so everyone can see an actual visual comparison...

Current Front Office Staff

Front Office in October 2022

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Wow, purposefully misrepresenting by using only one part of the quote. Surprise surprise. Let's make it simple (er) for you:

1--People excused Monti's inaction because he was stuck with the old scouting staff
3--The college season has started, so it's too late to replace the scouting staff

All better for ya?
I don't think the scouting staff decided to draft ILB in back-to-back drafts.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That’s the real dude.

That really depends on the assistant doesn't it?

But you think this is the first time an assistant has said to a HC that they thought they were too tough on a guy? If there is a coach in the league this hasn't happened too I'd be amazed.

You thinking this one single line in a long article is evidence that he's a jerk is one of your weirdest takes ever.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The upshot of this post was about as surprising as the Cards losing this season. No matter what name I put down, you'd have been against it. One of several reasons I never went down this road. Thanks for the confirmation!

Well yeah I would, because I don't think there were any sensible FA moves that the team missed out on. If Murphy would have resigned here for the crappy deal he got them I would have done that, but then he wouldn't.

But paying combined $22m for mid guys like Sutton and Lazard this year would be nuts. There will be plenty of Sutton's and Lazards available next year.

Stout

Reaction score
Well yeah I would, because I don't think there were any sensible FA moves that the team missed out on. If Murphy would have resigned here for the crappy deal he got them I would have done that, but then he wouldn't.

But paying combined $22m for mid guys like Sutton and Lazard this year would be nuts. There will be plenty of Sutton's and Lazards available next year.
Then we have nothing to talk about. Rather than continue this circular exercise, I'll leave it at that.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

All better for ya?

No doubt, we have the 'same' scouting staff because Monti has assessed their abilities via the reports they submitted in the past and finds them satisfactory. Additionally, Monti and Sears have probably given them an outline of what type of player they want going forward. Ergo: The scouts are on the road, as we discuss.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. Especially getting young guys with team control.
So, in the gameday thread, you posted that you never said we could trade late round picks for good young players, under team control. Yet, here you are… just a couple days ago agreeing with Brit… that… we can trade for good young players under team control for late round picks. Then later in the thread, you doubled down on this rather dubious claim, giving Shenault as your example of the type of players we could get.

but now you don’t even remember making this claim? Seriously, Krango… everything okay over there?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22