Giving the Cardinals the best Chance to win the Super bowl within the next 3 years

smoo555

Reaction score
Giving the Cardinals the best Chance to win the Super bowl within the next 3 years
Trade Kevin Kolb
- The Cleveland Browns have interest in him and I’m sure many other teams who are in desperate need for a QB would make decent offers.
- The Browns also have 3 picks in the first round of the draft that could be traded to the Cards.

[FONT=&quot]Sign either Pierre Garçon, Mike Wallace, Robert Meachem, or Vincent Jackson in the off season[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]-[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Cardinals don’t have a decent 2nd String receiver and both these guys are available in the off season. The combination of one of these guys with fitz would be unstoppable. They have the speed for the deep bomb which leaves defenses soft opening up fitz.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I would put Desean Jackson in this list but he will probably be wanting more money than the Cardinals will want to offer.[/FONT]

Pick up a left tackle to replace Levi Brown with the first pick in the draft
- Levi Brown is one of the worst tackles in the NFL and the LT position is the most important offensive lineman with a right-handed QB.

Make an Offer for Peyton Manning
- The Colts will most likely not want to pay for Manning because of his injuries and just the fact that there is a whole new system being implanted in Indy since they fired Jim Caldwell and the Colts have no need to use so much of their money on Manning since they will draft Andrew Luck.
- If Peyton were to come to the Cards, this would also open up the opportunity for John Skelton to learn and watch one of the best NFL Quarterbacks in the game. After Peyton left or retired, John Skelton will be much improved and will become the new franchise QB.
- While we might have a longshot at attaining Peyton, I believe Skelton can still have the success the team needs to win games. Skelton has the potential to become amazingly good while Kevin Kolb I believe does not. The Cardinals offense is not the type of offense Kevin Kolb succeeds in.

[FONT=&quot]It’s also cool to know that the Super Bowl will be held in Arizona in 2015 so if this group gets going after this year, the Cardinals could be the first team with a shot to win the Super Bowl in their own Stadium.[/FONT]

I also have a few links to share with information on these topics but could not link them due to my post count. I’ll link them when I get the possibility.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
that actually makes insanely good sense. I'd also like Manningham as a FA. And I would say that Kolb has more potential than Skelton, but Skelton isn't anywhere near that expensive

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with the premise of most of your ideas. However, there is no way the Cards could get a 1st round pick for Kolb. At most he is worth a 3rd and frankly, I dont think the Cards could get anything for him. His contract is too big for any team to have an interest. To move on from Kolb they would have to waive him.

And I think they should be looking for the best player available in the 1st. If it happens to be an OT then great, but I dont want to reach for an OT, because thats how they got Levi to begin with.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
that actually makes insanely good sense. I'd also like Manningham as a FA. And I would say that Kolb has more potential than Skelton, but Skelton isn't anywhere near that expensive

kolb is 5/11 ( 3-5 with a very good offense) as a starter and skelton is 8/4

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
kolb is 5/11 ( 3-5 with a very good offense) as a starter and skelton is 8/4
Skelton was just the lucky guy taking the snaps when the defense became awesome. I am concerned about Kolb's durability. But he's still the better QB

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Welcome to the board.

Since when do the Browns have genuine interest in Kolb? There is a hypothetical piece on the subject, but nothing of substance.

In addition, if you rid of Kolb in an attempt to get Manning and fail to do so, you're stuck with Skelton and Bartel. Far from an ideal situation,

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Skelton was just the lucky guy taking the snaps when the defense became awesome. I am concerned about Kolb's durability. But he's still the better QB

Careful, there are people on this board who will lambaste you for saying Kolb is better. But I agree that of the two, Kolb is more talented and gives the offense the best chance at success (barring injury).

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Careful, there are people on this board who will lambaste you for saying Kolb is better. But I agree that of the two, Kolb is more talented and gives the offense the best chance at success (barring injury).
eh, I'm sure a similar amount of people were calling Horton a failure 6 games into this season. We'll see how it plays out. Either way, I will hope the organization makes the best call and we can get more balls to the #1 WR in the NFL in 2012. IMO, the QB situation is below OC, both OTs, a #2 WR and re-signing Calais in order of priority. I'm sure even more will disagree with that assessment...

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I say we stand pat with what we have at QB and see how the 2012 season plays out. The chances of Manning coming here are slim and none. To try and move Kolb is also shortsighted. With some additional improvement in the defense and fixing the Oline will improve the offense.

Getting Williams healthy will bolster the running game and find a good #2 WR will do wonders for the offense.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
I say we stand pat with what we have at QB and see how the 2012 season plays out. The chances of Manning coming here are slim and none. To try and move Kolb is also shortsighted. With some additional improvement in the defense and fixing the Oline will improve the offense.

Getting Williams healthy will bolster the running game and find a good #2 WR will do wonders for the offense.

Even at slim & none you gotta call PM and see if the possibility exists. IF he is healthy....

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
meh I ignore everything that mentions manning. if hes available throw the farm at him, other than that there is nothing to discuss.

PS our line is nothing like the colts line.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And Trent Dilfer has more SB rings than Dan Marino. Your arguement is ridiculous.

after 3 season on the bench learning the sistem the young star kevin kolb was put in the field to show his amazing talent..all the people wondering how many amazing number he could put with so many weapons in his team..mccoy maclin desean jackson avant and then flop..3 wins 5 losses and 0 ability to play through unjuries..oh yes sir he is a great talent

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
after 3 season on the bench learning the sistem the young star kevin kolb was put in the field to show his amazing talent..all the people wondering how many amazing number he could put with so many weapons in his team..mccoy maclin desean jackson avant and then flop..3 wins 5 losses and 0 ability to play through unjuries..oh yes sir he is a great talent

Twice the O-player of the week when with Philly.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Trade Kevin Kolb
- The Cleveland Browns have interest in him and I’m sure many other teams who are in desperate need for a QB would make decent offers.
- The Browns also have 3 picks in the first round of the draft that could be traded to the Cards.

[FONT=&quot]Sign either Pierre Garçon, Mike Wallace, Robert Meachem, or Vincent Jackson in the off season[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]-[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Cardinals don’t have a decent 2nd String receiver and both these guys are available in the off season. The combination of one of these guys with fitz would be unstoppable. They have the speed for the deep bomb which leaves defenses soft opening up fitz.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I would put Desean Jackson in this list but he will probably be wanting more money than the Cardinals will want to offer.[/FONT]

Pick up a left tackle to replace Levi Brown with the first pick in the draft
- Levi Brown is one of the worst tackles in the NFL and the LT position is the most important offensive lineman with a right-handed QB.

Make an Offer for Peyton Manning
- The Colts will most likely not want to pay for Manning because of his injuries and just the fact that there is a whole new system being implanted in Indy since they fired Jim Caldwell and the Colts have no need to use so much of their money on Manning since they will draft Andrew Luck.
- If Peyton were to come to the Cards, this would also open up the opportunity for John Skelton to learn and watch one of the best NFL Quarterbacks in the game. After Peyton left or retired, John Skelton will be much improved and will become the new franchise QB.
- While we might have a longshot at attaining Peyton, I believe Skelton can still have the success the team needs to win games. Skelton has the potential to become amazingly good while Kevin Kolb I believe does not. The Cardinals offense is not the type of offense Kevin Kolb succeeds in.

[FONT=&quot]It’s also cool to know that the Super Bowl will be held in Arizona in 2015 so if this group gets going after this year, the Cardinals could be the first team with a shot to win the Super Bowl in their own Stadium.[/FONT]

I also have a few links to share with information on these topics but could not link them due to my post count. I’ll link them when I get the possibility.

First off, no one is trading for Kolb w/ his contract unless the Cardinals pay his bonus and then deal him which won't happen.

Secondly, forget about Mike Wallace, he is a restricted FA and Pitt will match.

Thirdly, deciding to draft a LT in the first round no matter what is a great way to screw up a draft. There is a good chance that the next OT on the board when we pick would be Mike Adams who is not worth the #13 pick.

Lastly, banking your season on a QB who is 34+ and that you don't know if he is healthy is a terrible idea. Ask Bill Polian and Jim Caldwell.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lastly, banking your season on a QB who is 34+ and that you don't know if he is healthy is a terrible idea. Ask Bill Polian and Jim Caldwell.

What happened in Indy is perplexing. The year before Peyton they were 3-13. Last year without him they were 2-14. In between 141-67 with 11 playoff appearances.

But then almost every NFL team gets old eventually so with Andrew Luck available it might be the right move for Indy to get younger. However, even if Luck is as good as advertised they still don't have anything to go with him so they'll most likely be looking at a couple of years more of losing seasons.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

All Kolb has shown in his years in the NFL are "potential". At some point you have to walk the walk and 6-7 years is more than enough time. After this long of a time you no longer have potential. You become a project. Skelton has potential and so far has lived up to it at this point in his career. If I had to choose between Skelton and Kolb at this point I would chose Skelton. I cannot imagine a team giving much for Kolb. Maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick and someone on that team would have to be convinced Kolb can be a starting NFL QB and is healthy.

All the hype before we acquired Kolb did not square with his previous performance so I did not want him. As everyone seemed to think he was the best out there I figured I was wrong. There is a saying that your first guess is usually your best guess and in my case it was. Somewhere in this draft I would draft a QB & Get rid of Hall.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Where are the numbers to back up Kolb being the better QB? On what do you base that? No where in his 6 year NFL career has he shown he is a potential NFL starter.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
All Kolb has shown in his years in the NFL are "potential". At some point you have to walk the walk and 6-7 years is more than enough time. After this long of a time you no longer have potential. You become a project. Skelton has potential and so far has lived up to it at this point in his career. If I had to choose between Skelton and Kolb at this point I would chose Skelton. I cannot imagine a team giving much for Kolb. Maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick and someone on that team would have to be convinced Kolb can be a starting NFL QB and is healthy.

All the hype before we acquired Kolb did not square with his previous performance so I did not want him. As everyone seemed to think he was the best out there I figured I was wrong. There is a saying that your first guess is usually your best guess and in my case it was. Somewhere in this draft I would draft a QB & Get rid of Hall.

I'd take a flyer on the very mobile Wilson from Wisconsin, later in the draft. Weeden could be had around the 3rd round as of now only because he's older. The Michigan St. kid intrigues me as well. Very productive. And the Virginia Tech QB as well.

The thing about Kolb is those darn concussions make him EXTREMELY VULNERABLE, esp. behind our line.

That's definitely a big plus Johnny boy has over him. As of now, I'm going forward with him as the future.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Where are the numbers to back up Kolb being the better QB? On what do you base that? No where in his 6 year NFL career has he shown he is a potential NFL starter.

The two times he was selected O-player of the week, for starters.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

:biglaugh: Oh, how naive and overly-simplistic an answer this is.

Careful, there are people on this board who will lambaste you for saying Kolb is better.

True. My opinion is that Skelton has the chance to be better, but I don't know that Kolb has what it takes anyway. That's not why 52brandon's statement is so silly, however.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If you got employee of the month 2 times in 6 years would you be considered a major player at work?

I'm an employer, not employee.

No. But I wouldn't expect them on a given week or two to be judged the absolute best in the industry.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
meh I ignore everything that mentions manning. if hes available throw the farm at him, other than that there is nothing to discuss.

PS our line is nothing like the colts line.

So maybe we can trade Kolb and our OL for Manning and the Colts OL?:D

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm an employer, not employee.

No. But I wouldn't expect them on a given week or two to be judged the absolute best in the industry.

Its a hypothetical but the point stands. 2 good weeks in 6 years does not "show" potential.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05