Giving the Cardinals the best Chance to win the Super bowl within the next 3 years

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
lol, I guess I should just attack the way other people post instead? But I'm the arrogant one, right?

You make a ridiculous post, it gets laughed at, and it puts you into a tizzy, leading to you calling my response 'ironic'? Yeah, arrogant sounds about right. Unable to admit that you are wrong fits just as well.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You make a ridiculous post, it gets laughed at, and it puts you into a tizzy, leading to you calling my response 'ironic'? Yeah, arrogant sounds about right. Unable to admit that you are wrong fits just as well.
lol, sure thing bud. You can't read, never posted anything relevant, and only talked ****. Good talk ;)

Stout

Reaction score
lol, sure thing bud. You can't read, never posted anything relevant, and only talked ****. Good talk ;)

Oh, I can read. Your so-called 'meaning' just wasn't there. Mean what you type and type what you mean, and you won't have people laughing at you.

Groovy then. You made an idiotic post, and...sustained my opinion therein. Good times.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree with the premise of most of your ideas. However, there is no way the Cards could get a 1st round pick for Kolb. At most he is worth a 3rd and frankly, I dont think the Cards could get anything for him. His contract is too big for any team to have an interest. To move on from Kolb they would have to waive him.

And I think they should be looking for the best player available in the 1st. If it happens to be an OT then great, but I dont want to reach for an OT, because thats how they got Levi to begin with.

I think the best you could get for Kolb would be for just some team to take his contract. He has been in the league for 6 years and has shown nothing. We had some rookies this year that were really good as starters. Lets just admit we made a big time mistake in paying so much for him and to him. A year or two ago we could have had the SF QB for a song but he was considered really bad until Harbaugh came the HC. He turned out to be sort of a Warner for SF.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I say we stand pat with what we have at QB and see how the 2012 season plays out. The chances of Manning coming here are slim and none. To try and move Kolb is also shortsighted. With some additional improvement in the defense and fixing the Oline will improve the offense.

Getting Williams healthy will bolster the running game and find a good #2 WR will do wonders for the offense.

It sort of seems standing pat is our only viable option unless you want to save 26 mil and let Kolb go. We would like idiots to sign one of the older FA QBs after giving up what we did for Kolb. Kolb may be one of the most overpaid for QB in football. A second round pick, a good starting DB and then pay him a fortune with nothing on his records to show he is worth a dime. Here is a place where Money Ball would have told you Pass On This Guy.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It sort of seems standing pat is our only viable option unless you want to save 26 mil and let Kolb go. We would like idiots to sign one of the older FA QBs after giving up what we did for Kolb. Kolb may be one of the most overpaid for QB in football. A second round pick, a good starting DB and then pay him a fortune with nothing on his records to show he is worth a dime. Here is a place where Money Ball would have told you Pass On This Guy.

You are fixated on a fictional $60M contract.

The investment in Kolb through to the end of the 2012 season is $20M.

Cutting him now saves $7M.

Don't know where you get this $26M figure.

If they don't cut him at end of 2012 it's because they believe based on play that the contract should proceed, which would be good news.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6 pages of arguing about a hypothetical situation that likely wont happen.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oh, I can read. Your so-called 'meaning' just wasn't there. Mean what you type and type what you mean, and you won't have people laughing at you.

Groovy then. You made an idiotic post, and...sustained my opinion therein. Good times.
lol, sure thing ;)
Well, it was self-evident that it was a biased and a Kolb-homer response
Go back and read what you posted initially.
I was just going off of the post that I noticed and responded to

Stout

Reaction score
And that's meant to support your position how? Sorry to break it to you, but your first post doesn't make your second post sound silly. Again, type what you mean and mean what you type.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And that's meant to support your position how? Sorry to break it to you, but your first post doesn't make your second post sound silly. Again, type what you mean and mean what you type.
citing my initial post that isn't my initial post = not reading. I'm done with this conversation about proper posting etiquette on a sports forum...

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Giving the Cardinals the best Chance to win the Super bowl within the next 3 years:

1. Sign Peyton Manning
2. Sign Demetrius Bell
3. Draft DeCastro
4. Draft Jarius Wright to play #2

:championship:

Stout

Reaction score
citing my initial post that isn't my initial post = not reading. I'm done with this conversation about proper posting etiquette on a sports forum...

The first post = the first one I responded to. I hashed that our for you, clarifying as we argued. You just want to be purposefully obstinate and use misdirection in order to deflect criticism. You made a stupid post and you won't admit it. I am quite done arguing with you about it, because you won't admit the obvious. If you don't want to be laughed at (and you very well deserved it), then don't make stupid posts.

Now, go ahead and get the final word.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Giving the Cardinals the best Chance to win the Super bowl within the next 3 years
Trade Kevin Kolb
- The Cleveland Browns have interest in him and I’m sure many other teams who are in desperate need for a QB would make decent offers.
- The Browns also have 3 picks in the first round of the draft that could be traded to the Cards.

[FONT=&quot]Sign either Pierre Garçon, Mike Wallace, Robert Meachem, or Vincent Jackson in the off season[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]-[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Cardinals don’t have a decent 2nd String receiver and both these guys are available in the off season. The combination of one of these guys with fitz would be unstoppable. They have the speed for the deep bomb which leaves defenses soft opening up fitz.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I would put Desean Jackson in this list but he will probably be wanting more money than the Cardinals will want to offer.[/FONT]

Pick up a left tackle to replace Levi Brown with the first pick in the draft
- Levi Brown is one of the worst tackles in the NFL and the LT position is the most important offensive lineman with a right-handed QB.

Make an Offer for Peyton Manning
- The Colts will most likely not want to pay for Manning because of his injuries and just the fact that there is a whole new system being implanted in Indy since they fired Jim Caldwell and the Colts have no need to use so much of their money on Manning since they will draft Andrew Luck.
- If Peyton were to come to the Cards, this would also open up the opportunity for John Skelton to learn and watch one of the best NFL Quarterbacks in the game. After Peyton left or retired, John Skelton will be much improved and will become the new franchise QB.
- While we might have a longshot at attaining Peyton, I believe Skelton can still have the success the team needs to win games. Skelton has the potential to become amazingly good while Kevin Kolb I believe does not. The Cardinals offense is not the type of offense Kevin Kolb succeeds in.

[FONT=&quot]It’s also cool to know that the Super Bowl will be held in Arizona in 2015 so if this group gets going after this year, the Cardinals could be the first team with a shot to win the Super Bowl in their own Stadium.[/FONT]

I also have a few links to share with information on these topics but could not link them due to my post count. I’ll link them when I get the possibility.

I do not see any Kurt Warner's lurking around in free agency.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05