GM Blanks out

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Umm yeah Ill bet big on Jackson and his knowledge of basketball and talent over say Random ass assistant GM from Bucks or Orlando Magic. LOL is this even a conversation? If Phil Jackson wants to get 10 feet within our toxic waste dump we should praise Jesus and throw rose petals on his way into the arena.

Suns fans have gone crazy. This franchise isnt the crown jewel it once was. And PJax has the juice to tell Sarver to ****. Yeah I would take him in ANY capacity in a heartbeat.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought it was 11 as a coach, so 5 as a player? Really? I'm surprised it's that many.

But in any case, there's no other coach who has had the luxury of coaching Jordan, Pippen, O'Neal, and Bryant all through their primes. If it's a road race and you're in a Ferrari while everyone else is in a Prius, you're going go win, but that doesn't make you a great driver. So it really isn't fair to conclude that he has any special coaching skill, and there's certainly no evidence supporting that he'd be an effective GM for a rebuilding team. Aside from the credibility angle, there's no reason to prefer him over any of the other dozens of names floating around out there -- including Barkley, for that matter.

Sorry, mistyped. 13. Hit the 6 instead of the 3 on my keypad and didnt proof.

Have taken a few days off thinking about the Suns to follow the Cards draft. What a difference a GM can make.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
BC,

You forgot to mention one, not insignificant, member of that team - a lanky and not too athletic forward named Phil Jackson. He wasn't considered to have the basketball IQ of the illustrious Debusshure and Bradley, but maybe we all just missed it - then.
Phil came off the bench for those Knicks but, you're right to include him, as well as their other bench players. Some of the starter's intelligence had to rub off.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I would be pretty happy with McDonough and cautiously optimistic about Layden. Weltman, though, I wouldn't hate the hire, but he was runner-up to Lance Blanks, and that to me screams "red flag".

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh god no, not Layden. He was a disaster during his 5 years in New York.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm really scared that Layden was mentioned at all.

He is one of the worst GM's ever and was a permanent laughing stock among NBA fans.

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anytime I think of Layden, I think of the "Fire Layden" chants from NY fans at the draft. Please no...

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Red flag screams to me that Milwaukee has not done a single good move in the last 3 years other than drafting Sanders.

They drafted Tobias Harris but that is negated by trading him away for little to nothing.

Drafted John Henson? Fail
Traded Tobias Harris? Fail
Traded for Monta Ellis? Fail

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Red flag screams to me that Milwaukee has not done a single good move in the last 3 years other than drafting Sanders.

They drafted Tobias Harris but that is negated by trading him away for little to nothing.

No kidding. The Boston guy is the only one with any appeal, but really, what is exciting about any of these candidates?

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Drafting Henson wasn't a fail at all. It was the opposite.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No kidding. The Boston guy is the only one with any appeal, but really, what is exciting about any of these candidates?

Nothing. Get it out of your head that it's going to be an exciting hire. I'll get excited if we get some decent players out of the draft or make some good trades.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Nothing. Get it out of your head that it's going to be an exciting hire.

I prefer effective to exciting, but fear I'll get neither.

I'll get excited if we get some decent players out of the draft or make some good trades.

As will I, but that's typically a function of a good FO. Outside of the Boston candidate, I really don't see it.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
Drafting Henson wasn't a fail at all. It was the opposite.

Agreed. It is hard to call anyone 14th pick a failure, since the expectations are pretty low once you get to that point. But Henson is a pretty darn good pick for the end of the lottery.

Granted, he doesn't get a lot of minutes He has a higher PER than anyone on the Suns and when he has gotten big minutes he has put up some great numbers.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You could always start a Chargers thread in The Smack Shack although it probably wouldn't draw a lot of traffic. It might draw a little attention because of Whiz but unfortunately (for you), it's the wrong conference, the wrong division and THE WRONG TEAM. :D :newcards:

Steve
Haha how did you figure out that I like the Chargers? Did you read the thread I started about Whiz a while back in the Cardinals forum?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake