Golden state @ Dallas

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one thing in this series driving me nuts as a Warriors fan is shot selection. Everytime the Warriors got control, they'd jack up a couple of wild 3's and fall behind. If Baron wasn't superman we'd have lost last night for that reason alone.

GSW has exposed the massive hole Dallas has in the middle when Diop or Damp is on the bench, just take the ball to the hole and score or get fouled.

Great game by Pietrus and really needed with Monta not playing well. If Al Harrington can just figure out that the court is spread and he needs to drive the ball to the rim, I'd be happy. I'm amazed we have 3 wins without Al doing a thing.

Russ, I was thinking of you when they showed all of the crazy Warrior fans. Congrats on the series so far.

fordronken

Reaction score
The one thing in this series driving me nuts as a Warriors fan is shot selection. Everytime the Warriors got control, they'd jack up a couple of wild 3's and fall behind. If Baron wasn't superman we'd have lost last night for that reason alone.

There are reasons you guys ended up an eight seed and that's one of them. I love the Warriors, but just like the Suns eventually learned, there are times you do have to slow the game down.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
No. Mavs offense is just to disorganized to turn it around, matched up with an equally talented team like the Warriors. And their defense is overrated, they can't really stop potent offensive teams from scoring. Suns win against Lakers was due to fight, and more importantly the in-series growth of both Diaw and LB. Mavs are what they are now, a bunch a great athlets but no real concept to win for sure against the Warriors.

Not only did the suns come back because of their fight and growth, but also their INSANE luck.

The only reason we won that series was thanks to Tim Thomas's shot in game 6

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ, I was thinking of you when they showed all of the crazy Warrior fans. Congrats on the series so far.

My girlfriend banished me to the other room last night during the game the way she does during UCLA games.

It's been sol long since the Warriors were in a playoff game she's never seen me this into an NBA series.

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
I went to the game last night as playoff basketball is playoff basketball even if its not the Suns. The crowd at Oracle was absolutely electric. I've never seen a professional basketball team, much less one so successful, rattled like that.

The Mavs defense was ovrerated by the media all year. Dirk can't defend anyone and the Warriors have gone at him all series. The Mavs bigs are usually just going to foul you if you take it to the rim hard. Terry and Harris are really small. The Warrios have taken advantage of all this.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are reasons you guys ended up an eight seed and that's one of them. I love the Warriors, but just like the Suns eventually learned, there are times you do have to slow the game down.

Yep. When they go in everything gets forgotten, like that ridiculous off balance step in leaner just inside the 3 line that Jackson made late in the game. Just a horrible shot but it went.

If they can get Ellis and Harrington untracked I see no reason they can't win one more game and take this series.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend banished me to the other room last night during the game the way she does during UCLA games.

It's been sol long since the Warriors were in a playoff game she's never seen me this into an NBA series.

BTW, Chris Mullin is weird looking. :)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to the game last night as playoff basketball is playoff basketball even if its not the Suns. The crowd at Oracle was absolutely electric. I've never seen a professional basketball team, much less one so successful, rattled like that.

The Mavs defense was ovrerated by the media all year. Dirk can't defend anyone and the Warriors have gone at him all series. The Mavs bigs are usually just going to foul you if you take it to the rim hard. Terry and Harris are really small. The Warrios have taken advantage of all this.

They said it was the biggest crowd in California history for a basketball
game.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a fun game to watch! The crowd was insane.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This series has been a blast to watch. I'm absolutely loving seeing the Mavericks get tormented. I wouldn't be surprised if the Mavs pull off a 3-1 comeback, but the fact that they are even in this position is just stunning. And, I thought Nelson was a terrible choice as a coach for the Warriors.

fordronken

Reaction score
Yep. When they go in everything gets forgotten, like that ridiculous off balance step in leaner just inside the 3 line that Jackson made late in the game. Just a horrible shot but it went.

If they can get Ellis and Harrington untracked I see no reason they can't win one more game and take this series.

I honestly can't see Dallas winning the series at this point. Even if the Mavs pull out a win in Dallas, I think the Warriors would beat them back in Oakland. Great fans, great city. I couldn't be happier for Golden State.

Of course, seeing Dallas lose would be nice too. :) In reality, it's pretty remarkable that we're four games into the NBA playoffs and the supposed team to beat is now officially a long shot to get out of the first round. It's fantastic.

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

GSW has exposed the massive hole Dallas has in the middle when Diop or Damp is on the bench, just take the ball to the hole and score or get fouled.

Great game by Pietrus and really needed with Monta not playing well. If Al Harrington can just figure out that the court is spread and he needs to drive the ball to the rim, I'd be happy. I'm amazed we have 3 wins without Al doing a thing.

I think that last Free Throw attempt by Andris Biedrins late in the game last night was one of the ugliest FT attempts I have ever seen. Heck, even Ben Wallace made 7 FT's in a row to finish off the Heat. If I was the Mavs I would entertain the prospect of Hack-a-Biedrins.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that last Free Throw attempt by Andris Biedrins late in the game last night was one of the ugliest FT attempts I have ever seen. Heck, even Ben Wallace made 7 FT's in a row to finish off the Heat. If I was the Mavs I would entertain the prospect of Hack-a-Biedrins.

I would also nominate the slider than Shaq threw up in the 4th quarter yesterday. Veered strongly to the left.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Mavs were ahead virtually the entire game. If they had won, I'd say there would be a 75% chance of the Mavs winning the series. In losing this game, the Mavs last vestage of "invincibility" is gone.

The Mavs COULD win the next three games, but you have to wonder if AJ is the guy to turn the Mavs attitude around. The Warriors are simply playing harder and it is unnerving the Mavs.

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
I find it hard to beleive the mavs would win 3 in a row from a team that has beat them 8 of the last 10 times.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to beleive the mavs would win 3 in a row from a team that has beat them 8 of the last 10 times.

I think that's a bigger factor with each game too. The Warriors clearly don't feel "lucky" to be here, they know they belong and they know they can beat Dallas. They have no doubt at all that if they play well, they can win. That's a huge thing.

Interesting to see how the refs call game 5 the cynic in me says the Warriors will get in big foul trouble.

They really let them play last night. That one play where Baron stole the cross court inbounds pass and dunked. There were about 3 fouls on that play that didn't get called all in pushing and competing for the ball but it was a free ball and the refs let them fight for it, and Baron is too strong. That was just a great play to watch.

Play of the night for me was the putback slam by Pietrus, haven't seen Air France fly like that recently.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05