Golden state @ Dallas

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Golden State CANNOT play a halfcourt offense. They are almost the worst halfcourt team I've ever seen--but they're fast break offense was amazing, and Dallas' transition defense was awful. If you have a team with good transition defense, you can beat Golden State.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Mods you can go ahead and lift the ban on Greensborohill because he won't be around for a long time.
Yep, barring a sudden turnaround by Dallas, we won't be hearing from him until the preseason next year, when I'm sure he won't hesitate to talk crap when his beloved Mavs beat the Suns in early October...

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
I kinda feel bad for the Mavs and their fans. Remembering the awful pain from last years Lakers' series, being down 3-1, on the brink of elimination, has me empathizing with them a bit.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Charles claiming that the Suns (his team) didn't blow a 3-1 advantage TWICE against the Rockets... Chuck is such an idiot. Too much partying.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Either Utah or Houston will be tough match up for GS. Anyway it will be interesting series. I'm more concerned about Suns / Spurs match up.

Indeed. If the Suns, Spurs, and Warriors all close out their series, there's probably a 90% chance or better that the eventual champion will be the winner of PHX-SAS in the second round.

I have to admit, having that potential Game 7 at home is starting to look a little bigger now.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I kinda feel bad for the Mavs and their fans. Remembering the awful pain from last years Lakers' series, being down 3-1, on the brink of elimination, has me empathizing with them a bit.
:banned:

for empathizing with Mavs...

I thoroughly enjoyed their thumping.

JWF

Veteran
Reaction score
Golden State CANNOT play a halfcourt offense. They are almost the worst halfcourt team I've ever seen--but they're fast break offense was amazing, and Dallas' transition defense was awful. If you have a team with good transition defense, you can beat Golden State.

Yeah but Houston cant push the tempo consistently either. If it that matchup comes to fruition, it will def. be an intersting series to watch. Which team will impose their tempo?

I just see GS winning that battle based what off their success against other teams who can push the tempo...Dallas , GS, us, etc..

Last edited:

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Yes and it's even worse for them. Switching away from and convincing all their fans that the run and gun game will never work. Now they are losing to their old coach, no not losing, being embarrassed by the old coach during the whole season.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anybody have a Mavs board that I can go to check out fan reactions. I am not going to troll because that is ********. I just want to read some posts.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
heh yeah same I also tried to go their and read some comments I cant log on eaither thats pretty funny

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]It won’t necessarily get easier. A Mavs team that admits to being haunted by losing a 2-0 lead to Miami in last year’s NBA Finals must now avoid living with a second ghost: No. 1 seeds don’t lose best-of-seven series to No. 8 seeds. They just don't.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]In the final moments Friday, the yellow-clad Warriors fans hooted at the 67-win Mavs, chanting “O-VER-RA-TED! O-VER-RA-TED!’’ [/FONT]
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/mainArticle.asp

:D
[/FONT]

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nice to see the overrated chant in an NBA arena. I loved watching this game and as has been previously stated by others, I was just as into this game as one involving Phx.

I'm not counting Dallas out, because they won 67 games for a reason, but if GS happens to move on, either of the next opponents will play them better than Dallas did. Utah is IMHO much smarter team than Dallas, and they don't rely heavily on iso's, which I think is the reason the Warriors D looks so good against Dallas. Houston will have problems with GS because Yao can't run with them, but McGrady is a guy that can nut up and put the team on his back when needed, they can shoot the 3 and should probably play better D.

I still feel like GS is a scary team though, and I hope they can advance and provide some excitement for the playoffs. Too bad most people in the East don't get to watch them.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score

I won't shed a tear, they are almost as bad as lakers fans and I can't bring myself to feel sorry for a team with a billionaire owner and fans not having to worry about luxury tax or getting into Joe Johnson type offseason situations.

We as suns fans have suffered through EVERYTHING big time, I would feel sorry for the mavs if Howard left to join the bobcats because they offered him a huge contract and dirk had microfracture, and they were running into the LT with big worries etc. etc. etc.

Mavs fans are a bunch of spoiled brats!

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I won't shed a tear, they are almost as bad as lakers fans and I can't bring myself to feel sorry for a team with a billionaire owner and fans not having to worry about luxury tax or getting into Joe Johnson type offseason situations.

We as suns fans have suffered through EVERYTHING big time, I would feel sorry for the mavs if Howard left to join the bobcats because they offered him a huge contract and dirk had microfracture, and they were running into the LT with big worries etc. etc. etc.

Mavs fans are a bunch of spoiled brats!
And the have the Cowboys, Longhorns and for those who care, the Desperados. You make a good point.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
SUNS FANS, stop acting like playing GS in the west finals would be a bad thing. The suns would kill those guys. that game they played at the end of the season was about as well as the warriors can play, but they still got outplayed by a group led by marcus banks. No worries, worry about the spurs and the inevitable disappearance of marion.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Utah will KILL GS in the 2nd round, but GS could beat Houston.

However Tim Duncan or Amare Stoudemire would squash the Warriors ambitions if they got to the WCF. There you have 2 bigs that can run in that style and are still inside presences.

Steel Sun

I hate John Paxson
Reaction score

How can you feel bad for Cuban?
COME ON

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
SUNS FANS, stop acting like playing GS in the west finals would be a bad thing. The suns would kill those guys. that game they played at the end of the season was about as well as the warriors can play, but they still got outplayed by a group led by marcus banks. No worries, worry about the spurs and the inevitable disappearance of marion.

Whoa whoa whoa slow down, even though the mavs are soft as cupcakes it takes a good, no, a GREAT team to beat a 67 win team. This GS team is for real, and if we meet them in the WCF it will be a slugfest like no other.

I, of course, believe the suns would actually still win it in 6, but it will be a colossal scoring 6 games that will topple skyscrapers, cities, and even nations.

Please let us beat the spurs.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Difference is our big man isn't a soft jumpshooting 7fter that the Warriors can go at every play and he can run with them too!

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The wild part about this series is that neither Harrington nor Ellis are playing well. Ellis was 0-5 tonight and Harrington 0-2. The Warriors are doing it with just six guys. Richardson was "OK" tonight, but has not had a great series. It makes their accomplishment all the more impressive.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05