Golden state @ Dallas

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Charles claiming that the Suns (his team) didn't blow a 3-1 advantage TWICE against the Rockets... Chuck is such an idiot. Too much partying.

actually, they didn't blow a 3-1 advantage TWICE - they did the second year, but in the first year, the series started in Houston, where we won Game 1 on Mother's Day (in a game where Colangelo bought up the remaining 700 tickets on sale because the Rockets couldn't sell the place out and flew 700 Suns fans to the game) coming back for a 3rd quarter 18 point deficit and then we won Game 2 in Houston, coming back from a 20 point 4th q deficit, winning in OT - the next day, Houston was dubbed CHOKE CITY.

Then, coming home, we went up 19 at the end of the 1st quarter of Game 3 and then Vernon Maxwell and Kenny Smith went nuts and they just kicked our collective asses for the next 11 quarters, taking the next three games. We were actually down 3-2 in the first series we played against them.

we did blow a 2-0 lead both seasons though - neither of which is anything to be proud of.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
i think dallas takes game 5, and GS goes home to take game 6. sort of like LAL vs PHX last year, but GSW will win at home in game 6

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow, that video is just beyond words ridiculous.

Dallas has come out ON FIRE tonight. Looks a lot like us in Game 5 last year. I think this series goes the same way - Mavs in 7.

Freddie

Registered
Reaction score
Golden State looks like a city team - an overwhelming number of athletes that just run, shoot and dunk. They're nasty and not afraid of anyone - I love it.

Dallas looks scared even after they came out on fire. I think the Warriors close it out tonight with a huge 4th.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
golden state pushed it so they are only down 10 at the end there, the same thing happened in game 4 with dallas taking an early lead

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Golden State looks like a city team - an overwhelming number of athletes that just run, shoot and dunk. They're nasty and not afraid of anyone - I love it.

Dallas looks scared even after they came out on fire. I think the Warriors close it out tonight with a huge 4th.

I don't think so, I still think Dallas wins the series, the NBA is so funny in that it's so predicable yet as a whole chaotic.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
the lead is down to 14..

and there's still a second half..

anything can happen..

lose dallas lose!
=)

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Amazing how they can play so bad and the refs screwing them (offensive interference etc) and still be in the game. I mean their turnovers were flat out ugly.

And again, Pietrus would be perfect for us.

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
Despite how he is playing at times this series, Pietrus still isn't very good. The Suns can do better in aquiring a big guard.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Pietrus can run, dunk, defend, rebound, block and hit open 3s. He would be perfect... and maybe he could lit some fire under Diaw with some candid french words.

He can do pretty much everything Raja gives us but is bigger, stronger, more athletic and much younger.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dallas will probably win this game, but this game is all gs tempo. Even when they were down 21, the game was still their tempo and they have to feel good about that.

Last edited:

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
actually, they didn't blow a 3-1 advantage TWICE - they did the second year, but in the first year, the series started in Houston, where we won Game 1 on Mother's Day (in a game where Colangelo bought up the remaining 700 tickets on sale because the Rockets couldn't sell the place out and flew 700 Suns fans to the game) coming back for a 3rd quarter 18 point deficit and then we won Game 2 in Houston, coming back from a 20 point 4th q deficit, winning in OT - the next day, Houston was dubbed CHOKE CITY.

Then, coming home, we went up 19 at the end of the 1st quarter of Game 3 and then Vernon Maxwell and Kenny Smith went nuts and they just kicked our collective asses for the next 11 quarters, taking the next three games. We were actually down 3-2 in the first series we played against them.

we did blow a 2-0 lead both seasons though - neither of which is anything to be proud of.

Actually the other night barkley DID say the suns blew 3-1 advantages to houston twice. Listening to him talk it seemed like he had no idea what happened.

Probably a way to block out the two free throws he missed in game 5 '95...ugh, then person's three going in and out to end regulation. (you have as good a memory as me, so I know you'll remember exactly what I'm talking about).

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
What could we give them for Pietrus however, I am sure we won't use our MLE and even if he is restricted, so we would have to do a sign and trade. Banks, Jones and mutliple picks would be the best we can offer I guess, or KT.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
Warriors could very well take this game after cutting that big lead down to 7. The one thing you can't help but notice is that they just keep on keepin' on -- down by 20 and they didn't hang their heads, didn't look fazed. On the other hand, their second Q comeback sent Dirk and Stackhouse off the floor yapping at the officials -- T on Stack. GS must have learned a lesson in game 2 because since then the playoff newbie Warriors look to have a lot more composure than the Mavs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually the other night barkley DID say the suns blew 3-1 advantages to houston twice. Listening to him talk it seemed like he had no idea what happened.

Probably a way to block out the two free throws he missed in game 5 '95...ugh, then person's three going in and out to end regulation. (you have as good a memory as me, so I know you'll remember exactly what I'm talking about).

like it happened 5 minutes ago. didn't hear Bark's comments - what an idiot. I guess it just goes to show you that us fans are really insanely crazy, remembering minute details more than the guys who actually experienced them.

that person shot was IN THE FREAKING HOLE.

Freddie

Registered
Reaction score
That was a great acting job by BD, Terry didn't put enough force behind that shove for him to hit the floor like that.