Golden state @ Dallas

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
okay, watching the Warriors completely melt down changes my mind. Dallas wins the next three games - I think this series is over. Too much immaturity on the GS team to really do damage here. 6 games MAX.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
okay, watching the Warriors completely melt down changes my mind. Dallas wins the next three games - I think this series is over. Too much immaturity on the GS team to really do damage here. 6 games MAX.

I don't think so because I don't think that the Warriors believe that the Mavs beat them tonight. They have to feel like they beat themselves and that the refs were to blame. Hopefully they come out with a chip on their shoulder in the next game and play with the fire and energy that had in game 1.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The Refs were a total joke in this one, took Golden State out of the game entirely in the first quarter stopping them from playing aggressive. The technicals, geez, Diop started everything and GS gets 2 Ts for it.

Until Davis got ejected, GS always seemed like they were just about to explode on Dallas.

Anyway, GS will win at least 1 at home.

TheFallen49

Veteran
Reaction score
Yes lets blame the refs for GSW's loss... it's not like Baron or Jackson were cussing out of their minds on national television. The Warriors are nothing but a bunch of immature classless gangsters, if Baron doesn't get injured first his temper will be their downfall (or Nellies, or Jacksons... or any other Warrior).

Discrediting Josh's stat line, Dirk's satisfactory efficiency, and Terry's big scoring night is just wrong. For shame Phoenix fans.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dirk's satisfactory efficiency

this one's a joke, right? I don't blame the refs for the GS loss, but to say Dirk was efficient, scoring below his season average on below 50% shooting, with only 7 boards and 0 assists against a team of midgets is pretty ridiculous. the guy seems REALLY tight right now. Howard looks like the best player on the team right now.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Was Dirk even playing??? He looked more like a bench player than an MVP candidate... Softy! Choker!

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dallas blew them out, but they were within striking distance deep into the game, if GS was only a bit more disciplined and played more efficiently on offense. They're a pretty young team, with not much playoff experience, so i'd think they're good for at least one win at home, and it wouldn't be a shocker if they won both. They've done well there and their fans are terrific. Win or lose I can't wait to see the playoffs atmosphere there, they really deserve it after all those years without it (12 if I'm not mistaken).

Errntknght

Reaction score
The key move for Dallas was putting Howard on Davis - virtually took him out of the game. The nice thing for the Mavs is that he can successfully guard anyone on the Warriors except, perhaps, Ellis. Its probably enough to carry the series for the Mavs... hope Nellie has some more tricks up his sleeve.

Scot1

Registered
Reaction score
Terry seems to be MVT--most valuable thug.

I reluctantly agree that the NBA is fixed. The string of ridiculously bad calls can't be explained any other way. But what I can't figure out is why they fix things in such a bottom-line stupid way. The first fix should be, make sure NY wins. They should be revoking Isiah's really bad trades. Second, don't favor boring, small-market teams like SA. The Suns, Denver, and probably even GS should be getting the calls. They sure aren't (even though the Lakers have not been shielded with the usual one-sided reffing.)

It must be a bunch of loose cannon refs. But who would call a public game so badly--do they Want to look like incompetent dunces?

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
Terry seems to be MVT--most valuable thug.

I reluctantly agree that the NBA is fixed. The string of ridiculously bad calls can't be explained any other way. But what I can't figure out is why they fix things in such a bottom-line stupid way. The first fix should be, make sure NY wins. They should be revoking Isiah's really bad trades. Second, don't favor boring, small-market teams like SA. The Suns, Denver, and probably even GS should be getting the calls. They sure aren't (even though the Lakers have not been shielded with the usual one-sided reffing.)

It must be a bunch of loose cannon refs. But who would call a public game so badly--do they Want to look like incompetent dunces?

So if i say that the Finals were fixed is it an excuse? because those calls were 1,000,000 x worse than what happened last night. But in any case. I hope we can get passed the Warriors. We just don't play well against them.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes lets blame the refs for GSW's loss... it's not like Baron or Jackson were cussing out of their minds on national television. The Warriors are nothing but a bunch of immature classless gangsters, if Baron doesn't get injured first his temper will be their downfall (or Nellies, or Jacksons... or any other Warrior).

Discrediting Josh's stat line, Dirk's satisfactory efficiency, and Terry's big scoring night is just wrong. For shame Phoenix fans.

Yep i didn't like the first T on either Baron or Jackson but they both earned the 2nd one and Jackson should probably get a 1 game suspension. You can't yell "bitch" at an NBA ref over and over instead of leaving the court after a ejection. He's played really well but that's the Stephen Jackson that I did not want on the Warriors, he has no self control he's too quick to turn into a thug when things don't go his way. He even had to be restrained after the first T, by Baron, or he would have got run then.

he's just got way too short of a fuse and now he's going to cost his team, even if he's not suspended there's no way the Warriors will get close calls now with the way they handled the refs at the end of this one.

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So if i say that the Finals were fixed is it an excuse? because those calls were 1,000,000 x worse than what happened last night. But in any case. I hope we can get passed the Warriors. We just don't play well against them.

You wouldn't be such a douche if you would at least stop by after a Mavs loss.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nice to see you back. After a Dallas win no less, who'd a thunk it.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
GS turned over too many times and they took some terrible shots! I was watching and saying "what the hell??? Just try to move the ball little bit to find a higher % shots...". They won't survive if they don't improve their ball movement.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GS turned over too many times and they took some terrible shots! I was watching and saying "what the hell??? Just try to move the ball little bit to find a higher % shots...". They won't survive if they don't improve their ball movement.

Yep and the main culprits were Baron and Jackson, Baron had 6 To's and Jackson had 8. As hot as Jackson was he repeatedly put the ball down in heavy traffic and lost it, when you're dribbling off the backs of people's legs you should not be dribbling!

32 minutes only 2 assists for Baron, that can't happen if they want to win.

JWF

Veteran
Reaction score
GS certainly deserved to lose with their pathetic defense and horrible shot selection, but there was an issue with officiating. Wasnt near on par with the finals last year, but it was still a bit lopsided.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm expecting a 1 game suspension for Jackson. The rumor on local radio this morning is he took a swipe at Matt Barnes in the locker room after the game. If you note when he's screaming bitch over and over Barnes is hanging on to him from behind trying to settle him down. Jackson eventually throws him off and yells something at him. I'm assuming if he did take a swing at Matt later, that would be why.

Tough deal he's a great player but he can't control his temper and the further you go in the playoffs the more teams will take advantage of that intentionally. I'm hoping the rumor is wrong, if he took a swing at Barnes I'd almost expect Nellie to suspend him on his own.

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
It's funny how Mavericks' fans don't shout "MVP-MVP" when Dirk's at the line.