Golden state @ Dallas

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, same time, same place tomorrow night after we close out the Lakers, cheese?

LOL :D

haven't been around for the last two games and you sure as hell would never find me on an opposing team's message board (especially WHO WE'RE NOT EVEN PLAYING) afterwards.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
haven't been around for the last two games and you sure as hell would never find me on an opposing team's message board (especially WHO WE'RE NOT EVEN PLAYING) afterwards.

Sorry, guess the humor was lost in the hostility of this thread.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am on a Dallas board this is the ONLY other basketball board I go to, and honestly it's because I like watching the Suns play. If you can't respect that then i'm sorry, please just ignore my posts but this is a thread about two other teams and my favorite team, it should have a little bit of Dallas gloat added to it considering they just dodged a major bullet.

okay, fair enough. I think you guys actually just won the series in the last 3 minutes. It's tough for teams to come back from choke jobs like that. Believe me, I've seen it first hand from my beloved Suns MULTIPLE times.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, guess the humor was lost in the hostility of this thread.

your damn right it was! (just kidding - and I backed off on Fallen - i was jumped amped after that game - I mean that choke job, coming on top of Dallas' 20 point lead choke job was just ridiculous.)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
okay, fair enough. I think you guys actually just won the series in the last 3 minutes. It's tough for teams to come back from choke jobs like that. Believe me, I've seen it first hand from my beloved Suns MULTIPLE times.

True, however the Dallas Mavericks in this series have arguably come back from 2 straight choke jobs, so anything is possible...

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You can't help but be a fan of the warriors free flowing attack. They are a gritty energetic team. With that said they are not very smart. All they had to do was make a few plays at the rim and it would have been over. Great game!

I do have to say that call on Baron Davis was about the weakest call I have ever seen in the final minutes of a game. I also think the refs were looking for a fight when Stephen Jackson got ejected. They could have very well let that go. To bad the refs once again made themselves part of the story.

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
It's one thing to have one or two bad games in a row, it's quite another to be nearly invisible for 4 straight PLAYOFF games. His first 3 in the 4th quarter leading to their run was only his THIRD shot of the entire 2nd half! What MVP does that??? Steve Nash isn't even a shoot first point guard and he even takes more shots than that by midway through the 4th quarter!

Just pathetic. Dirk didn't win that game for them--Devin Harris did. If he hadn't gotten them close, Dirk would never have had the opportunity to hit those big shots. He should kiss Harris for opening the floodgates.

Yes, Dirk was seemingly invisible that entire game, but he was terrific in the last two minutes of biggest basketball game of his life. That's all it could take for him to get back to the player that dropped 50 on are ass last year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True, however the Dallas Mavericks in this series have arguably come back from 2 straight choke jobs, so anything is possible...

not like that though, and not with the entire series on the line. That's different IMO. But, like I said, I was dead wrong after Game 2 and hope to be proven wrong again on Thursday.

TheFallen49

Veteran
Reaction score
Dirk drives me crazy, you can see flashes of brilliance in some games like tonight where he takes full advantage of another teams meltdown and then you see the nights where he gets his points... but you couldn't even tell he was on the court. I think now that its do or die he will step it up in all aspects of his game, he needs to shake the label of choker off of him for good. Will this one series do it? No. But coming back from 3-1 is a pretty good start.

Also, getting some (any!) offensive help from Diop was pretty huge. I don't know if you guys can tell but when he touches the ball on offense he usually becomes mentally challenged. We need to play 5 on 5 on offense, and with our 5's thats a huge challenge.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't help but be a fan of the warriors free flowing attack. They are a gritty energetic team. With that said they are not very smart. All they had to do was make a few plays at the rim and it would have been over. Great game!

I do have to say that call on Baron Davis was about the weakest call I have ever seen in the final minutes of a game. I also think the refs were looking for a fight when Stephen Jackson got ejected. They could have very well let that go. To bad the refs once again made themselves part of the story.

I think the refs were anticipating a foul there because the Warriors were in a position where they HAD TO foul, with less than 24 left and down one and saw Baron move toward the player and thought it was gonna be one of those fouls, not knowing that Baron knew he had 5 and was just getting in front of the man. It was a bad call, but the refs didn't ultimately lose this game for the Warriors. They melted down all on their own in the last 3 minutes.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
not like that though, and not with the entire series on the line. That's different IMO. But, like I said, I was dead wrong after Game 2 and hope to be proven wrong again on Thursday.

Down 9 vs the 8th seed and coming back to win is a great job by Dallas and an awful job by Golden State.

But I would argue that choking away games to the 8th seed when you are the 1 seed that pretty much dominated the regular season is just as bad, if not worse.

I know you think the series is over now, but Dallas still has to win both games remaining in this series--and of course they have not won 2 in a row against the Mavericks all year. So there is not a lot of call to count Golden State out yet, especially going back to that crazy environment in Oakland.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Steven Jackson ejection was questionable and pretty unnecessary because the game was over. It looked like he was mocking the crowd's clapping and wasn't looking at or saying anything to the refs. I know, I know.... in the new hyper-sensitive NBA you can now get thrown out for clapping/laughing/smiling at the refs or even if the ref anticipates that you might mock him in the near future.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dirk drives me crazy, you can see flashes of brilliance in some games like tonight where he takes full advantage of another teams meltdown and then you see the nights where he gets his points... but you couldn't even tell he was on the court. I think now that its do or die he will step it up in all aspects of his game, he needs to shake the label of choker off of him for good. Will this one series do it? No. But coming back from 3-1 is a pretty good start.

Also, getting some (any!) offensive help from Diop was pretty huge. I don't know if you guys can tell but when he touches the ball on offense he usually becomes mentally challenged. We need to play 5 on 5 on offense, and with our 5's thats a huge challenge.
And this is the same player you think deserves the MVP over Nash? See, these kind of comments would NEVER be made about Nash, because he doesn't have nights like you described above.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Down 9 vs the 8th seed and coming back to win is a great job by Dallas and an awful job by Golden State.

But I would argue that choking away games to the 8th seed when you are the 1 seed that pretty much dominated the regular season is just as bad, if not worse.

I know you think the series is over now, but Dallas still has to win both games remaining in this series--and of course they have not won 2 in a row against the Mavericks all year. So there is not a lot of call to count Golden State out yet, especially going back to that crazy environment in Oakland.

hey, like I've said many times tonight - I thought Dallas was in great shape after Game 2 and was totally wrong there too and I was pretty damn happy this weekend when I'd drag my beer/drug-destroyed ass back from the Coachella Polo grounds to throw on the 4 a.m. Sportscenter and see Dallas having lost both games before I went to bed with a smile! I'm hoping that same scenario plays out again in Game 6 (without the Coachella - can't do anything like that for a LOOOOOOOONNNNGGGGGGG TIME. my body's killing me! three days is just obscene.)

Last edited:

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You know what, all the talk tomorrow and thursday is gonna be about how gs are chokers and have already blown this series.

In a weird way that could actually take some pressure off of them. If they had lost but not choked, they might be feeling pressure since everyone would be talking about them needing game 6 or they choked the series. Now, everybody is gonna be saying they ALREADY choked away the series.

I'm thinking that with the fact that they're gonna be in that crazy building could be enough for them to pull one more out. Normally I'd be pessimistic in this situation, but I'm not, I'm saying they win game 6.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And this is the same player you think deserves the MVP over Nash? See, these kind of comments would NEVER be made about Nash, because he doesn't have nights like you described above.

eh, Nash looked like crap in Game 3... and probably half the time against SA.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i hope your right hs I really want gs to win this series granted we still need to get past the spurs for it to really matter

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The positive thing we can take from this is that at least it extends their series and tires out both teams a little more. If Dallas wins then they have to play 7 games and for GS to win then they'll have to play at least 6. Hopefully whoever wins also gets tested in their matchup with the winner of Utah/Houston.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The positive thing we can take from this is that at least it extends their series and tires out both teams a little more. If Dallas wins then they have to play 7 games and for GS to win then they'll have to play at least 6. Hopefully whoever wins also gets tested in their matchup with the winner of Utah/Houston.

i think if Dallas wins, they ROLL either of those teams. Both of them are relative squalor and bad matchups for Dallas, as opposed to GS, who's just a nightmare for Dallas.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the refs were anticipating a foul there because the Warriors were in a position where they HAD TO foul, with less than 24 left and down one and saw Baron move toward the player and thought it was gonna be one of those fouls, not knowing that Baron knew he had 5 and was just getting in front of the man. It was a bad call, but the refs didn't ultimately lose this game for the Warriors. They melted down all on their own in the last 3 minutes.

I know, I know. I am not blaming the refs for the loss by any stretch, but it just cheapens the game IMO to see silly blown calls in situations like that. Sure the Warriors choked all by their lonesome, but to me it was a situation where the refs were a little touchy at the end. To me the refs got a little sloppy since everyone knew the Mavs were going to win at that point.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know, I know. I am not blaming the refs for the loss by any stretch, but it just cheapens the game IMO to see silly blown calls in situations like that. Sure the Warriors choked all by their lonesome, but to me it was a situation where the refs were a little touchy at the end. To me the refs got a little sloppy since everyone knew the Mavs were going to win at that point.

oh yeah. i agree with that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05