Golden state @ Dallas

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
No, not at that point.

Baron cleared out after the switch. It was a bad shot by Jackson.

Was the play you're talking about WHEN Davis fouled out? (I guess it wasn't if he went out at 30 seconds)(second edit: oops, now he went out at less than 24.....) That seemed a pretty weak call at that stage of the game -- it was right then you knew how it would end for sure. Up to that point I thought the officiating was surprisingly even both ways, which I didn't expect.

That's alright, it would be great for GS to win the series at home in Oakland in front of their fans. I don't think this loss demoralized the Warriors at all, nobody expected them to win this one and they scared the crap out of the Mavs and made it a close game. I'm looking forward to the next one because by then the Suns will have closed out Round 1. :)

Last edited:

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Was the play you're talking about WHEN Davis fouled out? (I guess it wasn't if he went out at 30 seconds)(second edit: oops, now he went out at less than 24.....) That seemed a pretty weak call at that stage of the game -- it was right then you knew how it would end for sure. Up to that point I thought the officiating was surprisingly even both ways, which I didn't expect.

That's alright, it would be great for GS to win the series at home in Oakland in front of their fans. I don't think this loss demoralized the Warriors at all, nobody expected them to win this one and they scared the crap out of the Mavs and made it a close game. I'm looking forward to the next one because by then the Suns will have closed out Round 1. :)

Earlier I was talking about the play where Baron fouled out because Dirk hit Richardson on the wrist just prior without a call.
At that time GS was still up 1 and Richardson should have been going to the line instead of Howard.

You quoted LIAC talking about a couple of possessions before that when Jackson was isolated against Terry out front and jacked up a contested 18-20 footer.

Last edited:

Errntknght

Reaction score
An exciting game but kind of pathetic, too, with the teams trying to see who can choke the worst.

What is the rule for 'next game' suspensions due to technical fouls in the playoffs. I think Jackson has four T's now so he must be getting pretty close...

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
7 techs in the playoffs gets you suspended a game and then probably another game for every 2 techs after that.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
Earlier I was talking about the play where Baron fouled out because Dirk hit Richardson on the wrist just prior without a call.
At that time GS was still up 1 and Richardson should have been going to the line instead of Howard.

You quoted LIAC talking about a couple of possessions before that when Jackson was isolated against Terry out front and jacked up a contested 18-20 footer.

I know, I was thinking Baron fouled out with about a minute left.

The game recaps have mentioned Jackson might be facing a league suspension.

"One of Nowitzki's foul shots was because of the ejection of Golden State's Stephen Jackson, his second this series, which could get him suspended from Game 6, especially considering his history. Warriors coach Don Nelson said Jackson "will be fined by me a substantial amount," a gesture partly aimed at keeping the league from stepping in."

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If Jackson ends up getting himself suspended for Game 6, it will enough of a catastrophe to make Bell's idiotic, self-inflicted suspension a year ago look trivial by comparison. The Warriors can't be competitive in Game 6 without Jackson, and they can't win Game 7 if they get blown out in Game 6.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
If Jackson ends up getting himself suspended for Game 6, it will enough of a catastrophe to make Bell's idiotic, self-inflicted suspension a year ago look trivial by comparison. The Warriors can't be competitive in Game 6 without Jackson, and they can't win Game 7 if they get blown out in Game 6.

I know he clapped his hands a couple of times (horrors!) and I know he's a jerk and deserved the T, but the ejection seemed a bit excessive with a couple of seconds to go. If the league reviews that and suspends him for a game as crucial as #6 in Oakland, it might be bad and it might be good. It worked for us last year.......

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
Down 9 vs the 8th seed and coming back to win is a great job by Dallas and an awful job by Golden State.

But I would argue that choking away games to the 8th seed when you are the 1 seed that pretty much dominated the regular season is just as bad, if not worse.

I know you think the series is over now, but Dallas still has to win both games remaining in this series--and of course they have not won 2 in a row against the Mavericks all year. So there is not a lot of call to count Golden State out yet, especially going back to that crazy environment in Oakland.

a *bleeping* men.

nobody seems to remember that the mavs are "the best team in the league" [sic] and that the 8th seed just came back and barely lost after a 21 point deficit (and the mavs had home court advantage!). if the game had started with the mavs at 0 and gs at -21, nobody would be this hard on the warriors.

gs choked? BS. gs stared at a point lead that would have made the entire mavs team wet themselves, but the warriors' answer was "so f-ing what." they are the scrappiest bunch of players i have ever seen. they are not the most talented, but they want it so much. their "goonies never say die" attitude will carry them over the mavs.

also, the win aside, the fact that dallas let this game get so close solidifies my belief that gs wins this series in the next game. if it had been a mavs blowout, i'd be a little worried, but the golden state crowd is too loud and gs has too much heart to lose.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
a *bleeping* men.

nobody seems to remember that the mavs are "the best team in the league" [sic] and that the 8th seed just came back and barely lost after a 21 point deficit (and the mavs had home court advantage!). if the game had started with the mavs at 0 and gs at -21, nobody would be this hard on the warriors.

gs choked? BS. gs stared at a point lead that would have made the entire mavs team wet themselves, but the warriors' answer was "so f-ing what." they are the scrappiest bunch of players i have ever seen. they are not the most talented, but they want it so much. their "goonies never say die" attitude will carry them over the mavs.

also, the win aside, the fact that dallas let this game get so close solidifies my belief that gs wins this series in the next game. if it had been a mavs blowout, i'd be a little worried, but the golden state crowd is too loud and gs has too much heart to lose.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Djaughe

Reaction score
Go Warriors!

Attachments

• 300BASKETBALL.jpg
    300BASKETBALL.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 168

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sick...God darned collapse at the end of the game!!! All they had to do was take smart shots...and WHAT THE HELL WAS STEPHEN JACKSON DOING HANDLING THE BALL AT THE TOP OF THE KEY WITH 58 SECONDS LEFT AND NOT BARON!!!???

I put that on Coach Nellie...The stupid ass Jackson gets tossed out when the game is already over, now he will surely be suspened by the commish...

I think Dallas is gonna win the series now...GS had them and blew it.

This is my concern too, Jackson's lack of control might have cost the series. Again it wsa the mock clapping.

As for the refs, the only call late that bugged me was down 1 I thought Dirk clearly fouled Richardson on a shot that missed, beyond that GSW just took a lot of bad shots.

jackson has been huge but he's killing this team with all his turnovers, and now the stupid ejection.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is my concern too, Jackson's lack of control might have cost the series. Again it wsa the mock clapping.

As for the refs, the only call late that bugged me was down 1 I thought Dirk clearly fouled Richardson on a shot that missed, beyond that GSW just took a lot of bad shots.

jackson has been huge but he's killing this team with all his turnovers, and now the stupid ejection.

Riddle me this. Did he say something right after the 1st T for the mock clapping? If not, the ref had a very quick trigger to give him 2 T's for that. Unless he said something to the ref, he did not deserve both T's.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG. Where the hell did Matt Barnes find game? He was NOTHING at UCLA!

Come on - 9 more minutes of good ball. Keep the pressure on!

Because he got good coaching finally after leaving Lavin. When Barnes was at UCLA he was so fed up with Lavin first he nearly quit to play football(all state WR in HS) then he started paying to have a private coach work with him to teach him what Lavin and staff weren't teaching him.

So happy to see him put it all together.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Riddle me this. Did he say something right after the 1st T for the mock clapping? If not, the ref had a very quick trigger to give him 2 T's for that. Unless he said something to the ref, he did not deserve both T's.

He has reached Rasheed levels where he gets them on reputation. HE's got to be smarter though, game's over just walk away.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
GS just got too cute at the end. Bottom line. I put that on Nellie, I really do. That was just not smart basketball.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put that game on Nellie as well. You knew they were trapping Baron at the top of the key yet nobody was coming to help him. He had that one terrible turnover and then nobody came back to the ball on at least 3 occasions. That left one of the forwards at the top taking long shots with less then 10 seconds to go on the shot clock.

They should have put Ellis in there, let him handle the ball and then bring Baron off a screen. The guy has been deadly off the screen. They just tried to let Baron play through the double team a la Nash. It didn't work.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree jenna terry almost took that guys head off he defintally needs to be fined bigtime for that or atleast suspended a game for it

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone hear that Jason Richardson shoved a Mavs fan after the game, it was caught on video, and is now being reviewed by the league?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jenna, I have a question for ya.

Which do you think was worse. The non foul call at the end of the Houston/Utah game 5, or the phantom call against Davis at the end of this one.

I think that the Davis one was worse, especially since they called the 6th foul on him.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Per Marc Stein:

NBA observers in the building interviewed multiple spectators after the game about an alleged tangle between Golden State's Jason Richardson and a Mavs fan sitting across from the Dallas bench. Richardson fell after a shot and tempers appeared to flare when the Warriors' swingman felt he was being impeded as he tried to get up to rejoin the game. Because the Mavs' fan filed a report with NBA security, league officials are expected to review the incident.

====================

DCR,

Regarding the foul call on Davis, I assumed (so I'm thinking the ref did too) that Davis was going to foul right away and the ref whistled when he seen Davis body him up. It was a bad call no doubt and it definitely hampered the Warriors chance at over coming their boneheaded plays in the final minutes.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per Marc Stein:

NBA observers in the building interviewed multiple spectators after the game about an alleged tangle between Golden State's Jason Richardson and a Mavs fan sitting across from the Dallas bench. Richardson fell after a shot and tempers appeared to flare when the Warriors' swingman felt he was being impeded as he tried to get up to rejoin the game. Because the Mavs' fan filed a report with NBA security, league officials are expected to review the incident.

====================

DCR,

Regarding the foul call on Davis, I assumed (so I'm thinking the ref did too) that Davis was going to foul right away and the ref whistled when he seen Davis body him up. It was a bad call no doubt and it definitely hampered the Warriors chance at over coming their boneheaded plays in the final minutes.

I assumed that he was going to foul him too. It is the exact inverse of what we saw at the Houston game, and that's what is so interesting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05