Golden state @ Dallas

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was also a foul earlier in the 4th where Matt Barnes was going for the Dunk and was pushed squarely in the back without any effort by (I think it was Harris) to go for the ball...That should've been a flagrant1.

There was one of those on biedrins too but in the playoffs that seems to rarely be called a flagrant.

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
My local paper quotes him as denying it and the mavs claimed there was no tape on it, but fans said he shoved someone and cursed at him. This is the play where I say Dirk fouled him, he knocked Richardson into the crowd, and then JR allegedly pushed a fan who was trying to help him up.

from the link reccless posted:

NBA observers in the building interviewed multiple spectators after the game about an alleged tangle between Richardson and a Mavericks fan sitting across from the Dallas bench. Richardson fell after a shot and tempers appeared to flare when the Warriors' swingman felt he was being impeded as he tried to get up to rejoin the game. Because the Mavs fan filed a report with NBA security, league officials are expected to review the incident.

that wouldn't surprise me. doesn't that idiotic old guy with the pony tail who always wears crazy outfits and waves stupid pom-poms sit right near there? i bet he's good for a tussle.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
• NBA observers in the building interviewed multiple spectators after the game about an alleged tangle between Golden State's Jason Richardson and a Mavs fan sitting across from the Dallas bench. Richardson fell after a shot and tempers appeared to flare when the Warriors' swingman felt he was being impeded as he tried to get up to rejoin the game. Because the Mavs' fan filed a report with NBA security, league officials are expected to review the incident.

I'm sure the multiple spectators in Dallas were unbiased in their report. If there's no tape of what happened, how can they suspend him?

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
I'm sure the multiple spectators in Dallas were unbiased in their report. If there's no tape of what happened, how can they suspend him?

i was listening to sirius early and this idiot mavs fan was saying that, not only should richardson be suspended, he thought baron davis should be suspended one game as well. according to this brain trust, after a botched play, davis and barnes seemed to be mad at each other (both thinking the other had made the mistake) and it looked like baron swung at barnes.

kenny smith just started laughing at the guy when he heard that, saying basically "do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? you are so desperate to get baron out of the game that you are calling for a suspension because players on the same team are mad at each other. what makes you so sure that the fan who filed the report wasn't doing the same thing?"

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I hope the Warriors can close out the Mavs tonight just so we can get rid of the Mavs trolls.

Man I would love it if those people would just shut up already.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The big concern now is Matt Barnes, he apparently tweaked a hammy in the first quarter of game 5. I noticed him limping later in the game, he said it stretched out enough that he was able to play thorugh it and he'll be treated so he can play. But he's been huge in this series, with Harrington and Ellis struggling all series Barnes has been a godsend.

Tonight would be a great time for Al and Monta to play, although to be fair I think Nellie hasn't really given Monta enough minutes.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The big concern now is Matt Barnes, he apparently tweaked a hammy in the first quarter of game 5. I noticed him limping later in the game, he said it stretched out enough that he was able to play thorugh it and he'll be treated so he can play. But he's been huge in this series, with Harrington and Ellis struggling all series Barnes has been a godsend.

Tonight would be a great time for Al and Monta to play, although to be fair I think Nellie hasn't really given Monta enough minutes.

If Barnes had gone stronger to the basket on the play Dirk blocked, the series would be over, so you may be right.

OP
OP
S

sunsfn

Reaction score
G.S. 7
Mavs 3

Early time out by the Mavs!!

This should be good...........!

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you pull the wire connecting your center channel and your receiver, you get all the ambient noise (crowd, players, refs) without the announcers.

It is freaking awesome. :cheers:

Ciani

Registered
Reaction score
After the huge momentum changing game 5 the Mavs came out sloppy. Besides Stack, they are so soft.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I think Baron Davis just got hurt. Looked like he pulled up on that last possesion. Hope it's not serious, otherwise they're toast.

OP
OP
S

sunsfn

Reaction score
I want to see that play again where they called a foul on Barnes!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baron is holding his hammy. GS is screwed.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
if the warriors can keep the crowd in the game, i think they have a great shot at winning. davis has yet to really make any kind of a mark on the game so far as well, so i think the mavs ought to have an eye out for that

Quagmire

The thread killa strikes again
Reaction score
Dirk gives up more points then he scores. C'mon Warriors, guard the damn 3 point line!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05