Golden State v. Suns 03/13/08

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Yeah I cant wait, its on TNT right? How many of you Suns fans going tomorrow night?

Last edited:

Kody Rumin

Registered
Reaction score
Even with the Shaq trade, this is going to be one of the most fast-paced frentic games you can get in the NBA. It will be interesting to see how differently the handle Golden State though.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We had better pound them with Shaq and Amare and make them pay for going small.

young tone

Reaction score
With Beidrins back (and played pretty good tonight, especially of defense) and Brandon Wright looking like the player we traded for, I think we'll be fine if Shaq is in there (Shaq has been looking very good though)...

I predict we (GSW) lose to the Suns since we are playing a back to back and tonight we played our starters for 40 minutes. All the games we play with you guys are great and competitive but I think th Suns take this one

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
With Beidrins back (and played pretty good tonight, especially of defense) and Brandon Wright looking like the player we traded for, I think we'll be fine if Shaq is in there (Shaq has been looking very good though)...

I predict we (GSW) lose to the Suns since we are playing a back to back and tonight we played our starters for 40 minutes. All the games we play with you guys are great and competitive but I think th Suns take this one

Geez, an opposing fan that actually has some perspective and doesn't just come in talking trash....very impressed. As far as the game, even though you guys are coming off a back to back...you could still win this. It will be a very fun game to watch, I am just not sold we have everything figured out yet. I still think we are another 5-7 games away....hope I am wrong and you are right though.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
oh give me a break young tone. say something stupid. like....baron davis is so good i bet he dunks on shaq cause shaq is old and dumb.

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
This will be a great game...I just wish it was not on TNT, for all we are going to hear is Barkely saying how terrible the Warriors are even though they are 17 games above .500.

Heck, even Kenny Smith is saying of all the West contending teams that the W's are the most likely to miss out on the playoffs. All the W's have to do is go 10-9 in the final 19 to win 50. They do have a very tough remaining schedule, but so do the rest of the contenders.

W's stil get little respect from many in the media even when they play well. (alot like the Cardinals).

young tone

Reaction score
Geez, an opposing fan that actually has some perspective and doesn't just come in talking trash....very impressed. As far as the game, even though you guys are coming off a back to back...you could still win this. It will be a very fun game to watch, I am just not sold we have everything figured out yet. I still think we are another 5-7 games away....hope I am wrong and you are right though.

Thank you....Yeah well we could, I just dont see it. Maybe Davis and Ellis keep up their hot hand from tonight and Harrington can play that defense we seen him play before. But with Nellie running these guys like this all year, I just expect tired legs and the Suns are a great team and great teams take advantage of it...

I havent seen any Suns games recently so I cant comment on your team but how are they playing with Shaq? Will the Suns run with us like they always have, even with Shaq in there? I seen highlights against the Spurs and Shaq looks like he distributed the ball well.

young tone

Reaction score
oh give me a break young tone. say something stupid. like....baron davis is so good i bet he dunks on shaq cause shaq is old and dumb.

:lmao: I cant, after all those losing years I suffered through and all those miserable moves from Garry ST. Jean, Im just grateful I can witness a good Warrior team.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
As long as Davis can frustrate Nash like he has the past few matchups the W's have a chance. Luckily, the W's have been on each time they have faced the Suns, but they have to be on.

W's cant have any lapses in this game if they want to win...

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
:lmao: I cant, after all those losing years I suffered through and all those miserable moves from Garry ST. Jean, Im just grateful I can witness a good Warrior team.....

yea, to be honest Golden State scares the crap out of me. Baron Davis drives like a bull without cheating like Ginobli. and Ellis is a nightmare.

young tone

Reaction score
yea, to be honest Golden State scares the crap out of me. Baron Davis drives like a bull without cheating like Ginobli. and Ellis is a nightmare.

Yeah tonight Baron kept hitting his shots but since Ellis has emerged this year, he lets Ellis drive to the basket more. Not only can Ellis outrun alot of players, but he can finish when he is fouled. We need to sign him ASAP, we cant let him go like Arenas

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Yeah tonight Baron kept hitting his shots but since Ellis has emerged this year, he lets Ellis drive to the basket more. Not only can Ellis outrun alot of players, but he can finish when he is fouled. We need to sign him ASAP, we cant let him go like Arenas
I will go Ape if they do...

sLapzsHaQ

I am a mushroomhead...
Reaction score
Well, Shaq should be a big factor in this game again. Amare's gonna get his, I just hope Shaq would play well defensively. And grab those rebounds!

young tone

Reaction score
I will go Ape if they do...

LOL I wouldnt be suprised, this the same franchise that traded Wilt Chamberlain years ago when he was in his prime lol we have a long history of idiotic moves. Hopefully Mullin makes the right decision on this one

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Well, Shaq should be a big factor in this game again. Amare's gonna get his, I just hope Shaq would play well defensively. And grab those rebounds!

good point, maybe davis and ellis will be hesitant to drive and we can get them to just chuck up J's all game. i keep forgetting about the shaq effect, just thinking of prior matchups where ellis and davis were running layup lines.

sLapzsHaQ

I am a mushroomhead...
Reaction score
good point, maybe davis and ellis will be hesitant to drive and we can get them to just chuck up J's all game. i keep forgetting about the shaq effect, just thinking of prior matchups where ellis and davis were running layup lines.

Yeah, and the Suns should have a mentality of "LET-THE-BODIES-HIT-THE-FLOOR"

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Whats the over/under on Nelson employing Hack-A-Shaq in the 1st. half? :)

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05