Golden State v. Suns 03/13/08

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Although, the Warriors has taken the matra as the league's most uptempo team away from the Suns. I do like their team, its just a shame I find myself in a conflict of interest as they are literally fighting with the Suns for valuable playoff standings and division standings.

But, regarding this game, Warriors have been competitive with the Suns have have managed to beat the Suns the last few times, the games have been high octane however, and the main reason for those wins were Monta Ellis or Stephen Jackson just going NUTS on the Suns.

I actually just want to see defense played on Monta, maybe as an indication of the type of defense the Suns can apply on Parker, Bryant, Davis, Paul etc for the playoffs... basically, I want to see the Suns apply some sort of counter measure and do it in this game and from now here forward to show a glmpse of possible answers for these type of players in the playoffs.

I believe with Suns playing a more traditional lineup, Biedrins will play a lot of minutes as opposed to Harington playing C last time and it torched the Suns from the outside. As good as Biedrins is, it may actually benefit the Suns that the tempo of the Warriors will be set to 8 as opposed to 10, therefore giving the Suns a slight advantage with their new lineup.

A back to back game nonetheless, so I actually expect the Suns to win this and prove their worth for the playoffs.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Whats the over/under on Nelson employing Hack-A-Shaq in the 1st. half? :)

Not so simple, Nelson is a master at matchups. Just ask avery johnson, who cant seem to graduate nelsons school. I expect he trys going small and getting amare on stephen jackson or al harrington to take amare outside on the perimeter where amare cannot guard those guys. They will run the pick and roll on shaq, especially when amare sits. Stephen jackson, monte ellis and baron davis are all nasty matchups for the suns. Baron Davis will have a good game as will monte ellis, its harrington and jackson that concern me. The warriors are the "new suns" with even more athleticism. If they hit from 3, they can beat anybody. The suns need to slow this one down, limit fastbreak transition baskets and pound the ball inside. The suns should run when the opportunity is there, but dont force it.

Skumbag

Registered
Reaction score
Suns 112
Warriors 110

SHAQ
- 23 pts - 2/15 FG - 19/53 FT - 19 Rbs - 8 assists
LAWL

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suns 112
Warriors 110

SHAQ
- 23 pts - 2/15 FG - 19/53 FT - 19 Rbs - 8 assists
LAWL

I know you aren't serious, but there is no way the Suns would win with stats like that. Shaq has taken up about 40 possessions to score 23 points. That isn't very good. Those 19 rebounds better all be offensive.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets go suns beat the warriors :)

Suns 119

Warriors 114

Leading Scorer Amare 37 pts 7 rebounds

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
The Warriors usually own us, and any hope of an improved defense will be put to rest tonight. Linton Johnson and Giricek should see some time, however.

warriors 120
suns 108

Ellis- 35 points

sLapzsHaQ

I am a mushroomhead...
Reaction score
Well, let's just have perimeter defense for a change.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
You would make a good Cardinals fan..........
lol well thank you, but my loyalty has and always will be with the 49ers, it goes back to two generations.....

Anybody watching TNT? I cant stand Charles...

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
I'm going to tonight's Suns game. I will be wearing an orange Amare Stoudemire #32 jersey with my black Suns hat.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I like Inside the NBA, but I have a feeling they hired Charles because of his banter with Kenny, not for his basketball IQ.

young tone

Reaction score
I'm going to tonight's Suns game. I will be wearing an orange Amare Stoudemire #32 jersey with my black Suns hat.

Well you have fun too :thumbup: ....

If anybody going to the game tonight and happens to take any pics, post em up. Im an outsider but I would like to see some pics of the arena

young tone

Reaction score
I like Inside the NBA, but I have a feeling they hired Charles because of his banter with Kenny, not for his basketball IQ.

I do too, but with Magic and Kenny....Charles just get annoying imho

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Im curious to see how long Shaq is going to play in this game. If he can run up and down the court, he can eliminate the penetration of Ellis and Davis

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05