Warner QB - 2 year deal - gives us time to groom young QB
Ayanbedejo FB - solid performer, strong on ST
Redmond RB/KR - best KR we can afford
K King DT - rotation player
Davis DT - our run stuffer we missed in 2005
Hayes MLB - solid in rotation
Kolodziej DT - rotation player

Significant new signings:
C Bentley (or Hartings if he become cap casualty)
T Ashworth
S Demps or Chavous (nice homecoming)
RB James - big splash

and [drum roll]
our QB of the future....

Harrington who will be released by Detroit
- He is still young and has tremendous upside. I'm not sold on Culter and my preference Lienart will be gone by 10.

Draft: 6 round projections are so ridiculous- there is no way to know who will be available 150 players into the draft...

1st Round: Greenway LB
2nd Round: BPA - OL
3rd Round: BPA - TE

Alright let them fly...

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Billy Flynt said:
...to throw at my off season plan.

Free Agency:

Must Resign:
Warner QB - 2 year deal - gives us time to groom young QB

That definately goes without saying.

Ayanbedejo FB - solid performer, strong on ST
Redmond RB/KR - best KR we can afford
K King DT - rotation player
Davis DT - our run stuffer we missed in 2005
Hayes MLB - solid in rotation
Kolodziej DT - rotation player

Agreed with all. I imagine that none of them will net too large of a paycheck, so signing all is economically possible.

Significant new signings:
C Bentley (or Hartings if he become cap casualty)

Given a choice, I'd much rather get Bentley. Granted, Hartings will probably be the cheaper option, however Bentley's younger, has a lot less wear on his tires, is versitile (can play both guard and center) and is overall a better blocker on both facets than Hartings.

It may lead to Arizona overpaying, but given a choice, Bentley is well worth the investment.

T Ashworth

I like this signing. Ashworth's got a mean streak and a dirtball mentality to him that would be a huge boost for the OLine. He and Davis could form one of the better Tackle tandems in the NFL.

S Demps or Chavous (nice homecoming)

Chavous would be nice. He's one of those players I hated to see go.

RB James - big splash

As I've said in other posts, should the Cardinals go the FA route for a HB, I'm really hoping they go for someone with less tred on the tires. I also see James winding up in Jacksonville, but should Arizona have the chance to sign him, I'd certainly not lose any sleep over it. He could thrive here, in an offense (minus the HB of course) somewhat similar to Indy's, yet here he'd have the chance to prove that he can be the star of the show.

and [drum roll]
our QB of the future....

Harrington who will be released by Detroit
- He is still young and has tremendous upside. I'm not sold on Culter and my preference Lienart will be gone by 10.

The problem with this is, if you re-sign Warner to a 2-year deal, by the time Harrington is "ready" to take over, he's going to be 30 years old. Truthfully, I'm resigned to the fact that at best, Harrington's going to be a quality backup, which quite frankly no team in the NFL can use enough of, but I can't really ever see him being an every down QB in the NFL again. Truthfully, perhaps not all of this can be blamed on Detroit, who is as big of a dysfunctional wreck of an organization as you'll find in the NFL. However, I'm just of the majority who believes Arizona should draft and groom one of their own rather than picking up someone like Harrington.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The knock on Harrington is that he holds the ball too long because he is to caustious. Both Fitz and Q thrive in part because they will make the tough catch in tight coverage. Harrington would be to afraid to thread the needle and our WR's don't typicaly get wide open.

Bentley and or Hartings would be a good start. I would still like to add another interior Olineman.
Don't know enough (anything) about Ashworth so I can't comment on him.

We can re-sign R. Davis, Koledjl%^e and King but we would still need to sign a FA DT.

spanky1

Reaction score
Can't find a whole heck of a lot wrong with your thinking.

Harrington remains an enigma to me however.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Sign both Bently and Hartings. Bently would be OG for a couple of years and we could slide him to C once Hartings retires. I thought I read somewhere that some consider him a potential pro bowler at the OG position.........

OP
OP
Billy Flynt

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
Snake said:
The problem with this is, if you re-sign Warner to a 2-year deal, by the time Harrington is "ready" to take over, he's going to be 30 years old. Truthfully, I'm resigned to the fact that at best, Harrington's going to be a quality backup, which quite frankly no team in the NFL can use enough of, but I can't really ever see him being an every down QB in the NFL again. Truthfully, perhaps not all of this can be blamed on Detroit, who is as big of a dysfunctional wreck of an organization as you'll find in the NFL. However, I'm just of the majority who believes Arizona should draft and groom one of their own rather than picking up someone like Harrington.

I'm looking at the fact that Warner is "vulnerable" and we need a QB we are not afraid to bring into the game. Green never believed in McCown and it showed. McCown will go somewhere they have confidence in him and he'll blossom- just watch.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
imaCafan said:
I thought I read somewhere that some consider him a potential pro bowler at the OG position.........

His first pro bowl was at OG.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Billy Flynt said:
I'm looking at the fact that Warner is "vulnerable" and we need a QB we are not afraid to bring into the game. Green never believed in McCown and it showed. McCown will go somewhere they have confidence in him and he'll blossom- just watch.

I have no doubts of that. I really do think whoever gets him will not be disappointed.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
imaCafan said:
Sign both Bently and Hartings. Bently would be OG for a couple of years and we could slide him to C once Hartings retires. I thought I read somewhere that some consider him a potential pro bowler at the OG position.........

BINGO!

I am down with that. Then sign Ashworth.

Ashworth
Brown/Ross
Hartings
Bentley
Davis

Yeah that would fix the Oline problem.

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
K. King has had that minor wrist problem for 2 years in a row now. I'm thinking that's its just going to recurr again so, I would no invite him to camp. I would want another project with more durablity.

spanky1

Reaction score
AntSports Steve said:
K. King has had that minor wrist problem for 2 years in a row now. I'm thinking that's its just going to recurr again so, I would no invite him to camp. I would want another project with more durablity.

King's wrist has finally healed 100%........but irregardless, not inviting him to camp.....what's that prove. Dumb....very dumb.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Hartings has 2 years left, at maximum. He played better at the end of the year but still not as well as the 04-05 season.

EDIT: He almost retired 2 years ago due to knee problems

Last edited:

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
King's wrist has finally healed 100%........but irregardless, not inviting him to camp.....what's that prove. Dumb....very dumb.

Not a word.

I thought his wrist was 100% also last year?

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i like kurt warner a lot. if the deal falls through with warner then i say go after matt schaub. he has already been groomed and is ready to start.

1DS

Registered
Reaction score
AntSports Steve said:

K. King had a metal plate put in his wrist over the off-season. He will not be able to bend his wrist at all, but it shouldn't break again. Before, he just kept getting pins put in because he wanted to keep motion in the wrist. He sacrificed his wrist so he could play Football. I hope it works.

Reaction score
1DS said:
K. King had a metal plate put in his wrist over the off-season. He will not be able to bend his wrist at all, but it shouldn't break again.
Wow, that just sucks... talk about sacrificing your body! Damn!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser