Greetings Suns Fans-I look forward to a spirited competition.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never been a conspiracy theorist because it just doesn't make sense that the NBA would want the Spurs going deep into the playoffs. It's a small market, they tend not to have fans outside their region, and as much as basketball fans may respect Duncan, he's not a favorite player nationwide the way that Kobe, LeBron, or even Wade and now Durant are. Plus the Suns' fast-paced game has been a coast-to-coast favorite.

With Horry and the suspensions, I think the NBA just screwed up, plain and simple. They overreacted because of the Malice at the Palace and the Nuggets/Knicks brawl--then looked like total hypocrites the next year when Garnett shoved a ref and got nothing, because they were so obviously invested in the Lakers-Celtics final that they were determined to overlook it.

But the Suns have had other chances to beat the Spurs. And here's another one. Maybe a lot of the players are different. I don't care--I cheer for the team.

Great post. I've never bought the conspiracy stuff either. Although I do sometimes wonder about the ref connection brought up by Tim Donaghy but if ever someone should have his credibility questioned it's that guy so I'm not too sure on that one.

We've had some bad reffing, some bad luck and a horrible league decision but for the most part we lost to San Antonio because they were a superior team. Maybe they still are but I never believe it till after they've destroyed my team and my dream.

Steve

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Normally I welcome opposing fans, but honestly can we just ban spurs fans? I hate everything about this team, particularly the owner David Stern.

epb

Reaction score
After everything that's happened in the last 7 years, you'd think Suns fan would want to just avoid the Spurs. I'll give it to you guys...you're relentless, and/or naive.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After everything that's happened in the last 7 years, you'd think Suns fan would want to just avoid the Spurs. I'll give it to you guys...you're relentless, and/or naive.

What would you suggest? Should we have sabotaged the Suns in their series against Portland? Or should we now force the team to withdraw from the postseason just so that we can avoid those nasty Spurs? I suspect that we'll take our chances and maybe we'll win, maybe we'll lose. But even if we win I highly doubt we'll ever grow as cocky and sanctimonious at the typical Spurs fan.

Steve

epb

Reaction score
I just find it interesting that year after year we hear that the Suns have made some magical spurs-beating upgrade. Remember how Shaq was supposed to put you guys over the "evil, bully" Spurs? Now it's Frye and Gentry?

Even after the years of ownage there are actually fans in here saying that the spurs only dominated because of the refs. Are you guys serious? The lakers have owned the Spurs, the spurs own the suns.
Thats just how it is. At least we don't try to convince ourselves it's only because of the refs.

And why would you be "cocky and sanctimonious" after a second round win? Spurs fans arent "cocky and sanctimonious" because of spurs-suns ownage, they are like that because they've seen their team win titles.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Well, if you were reading this board you'd know that many here didn't think Shaq was the difference-maker, and many more were simply hopefully curious to see if it worked out. In any case, the changes in the last year haven't been aimed at the Spurs. Frankly, most of us were expecting a 7-8 seed, not a second round matchup with SA that we thought we could win. But here we are.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just find it interesting that year after year we hear that the Suns have made some magical spurs-beating upgrade. Remember how Shaq was supposed to put you guys over the "evil, bully" Spurs? Now it's Frye and Gentry?

Even after the years of ownage there are actually fans in here saying that the spurs only dominated because of the refs. Are you guys serious? The lakers have owned the Spurs, the spurs own the suns.
Thats just how it is. At least we don't try to convince ourselves it's only because of the refs.

And why would you be "cocky and sanctimonious" after a second round win? Spurs fans arent "cocky and sanctimonious" because of spurs-suns ownage, they are like that because they've seen their team win titles.

Do you have a reading disorder or a serious neurological problem. I ask because although you appear to be responding to my post there is such an obvious disconnect between my comments and your evident understanding that I suspect there's something else going on. Maybe you could re-read my post and try sounding out the big words or perhaps you have an older sibling that could help you out here.

Regardless, hope you get your problem resolved as life is tough enough without having to face what you're looking at.

Steve

epb

Reaction score
Do you have a reading disorder or a serious neurological problem. I ask because although you appear to be responding to my post there is such an obvious disconnect between my comments and your evident understanding that I suspect there's something else going on. Maybe you could re-read my post and try sounding out the big words or perhaps you have an older sibling that could help you out here.

Regardless, hope you get your problem resolved as life is tough enough without having to face what you're looking at.

Steve

How intellectual you are. Is this your attempt at basketball smack? Or have you already given that up and decided to go with neurological/psychological/physiological smack? At this point, I wouldn't blame you if you had given up on basketball talk. If not, let's talk basketball...suns-spurs playoff basketball. Let's talk why this year is any different than the previous 4 times you've faced the Spurs in the playoffs. You're obviously great with a thesaurus, so I'm interested in your response.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Let's talk why this year is any different than the previous 4 times you've faced the Spurs in the playoffs. You're obviously great with a thesaurus, so I'm interested in your response.

For god's sake, who cares? We'll know in a couple of weeks. Spurs fans assume that their team will win, and Suns fans aren't sure. What is there to smack about? We don't decide the games.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Let's talk why this year is any different than the previous 4 times you've faced the Spurs in the playoffs. You're obviously great with a thesaurus, so I'm interested in your response.

How about Duncan isn't the same player he was 2 years ago because he is old and because Parker isn't nearly as good as he was 2 years ago? Is that a difference?

Does that automatically mean the Suns will win? Of course not.

But have the Suns vets been aging better then the Spurs? Well thats without question if you go look at the regular season.

Manu and his maxi pad might be tough to contain, but I like the Suns chances with or with out Lopez. Lets just say if I see a 25 12 game out of Duncan I'll be shocked, and thats been the reasoning we have lost in the past. Tim was just too damn good.

But why get all worked up anyway? Like you said Lakers own Spurs and Spurs own the Suns. Its a fait accompli according to you. I don't even know whaty they play the games.

So when you win this series, your just going to get pummeled in the next round anyway.

Don't count on adding any more rings to that collection any time soon because your best player of all time (and likely coach as he has said he'll walk when Duncan does) are going to be irrellevent sooner rather then later.

You ain't winning rings with George Hill being your go to guy, thats for damn sure.

epb

Reaction score
How about Duncan isn't the same player he was 2 years ago because he is old and because Parker isn't nearly as good as he was 2 years ago? Is that a difference?

Does that automatically mean the Suns will win? Of course not.

But have the Suns vets been aging better then the Spurs? Well thats without question if you go look at the regular season.

Manu and his maxi pad might be tough to contain, but I like the Suns chances with or with out Lopez. Lets just say if I see a 25 12 game out of Duncan I'll be shocked, and thats been the reasoning we have lost in the past. Tim was just too damn good.

But why get all worked up anyway? Like you said Lakers own Spurs and Spurs own the Suns. Its a fait accompli according to you. I don't even know whaty they play the games.

So when you win this series, your just going to get pummeled in the next round anyway.

Don't count on adding any more rings to that collection any time soon because your best player of all time (and likely coach as he has said he'll walk when Duncan does) are going to be irrellevent sooner rather then later.

You ain't winning rings with George Hill being your go to guy, thats for damn sure.

There we go Suns fan.

I think the spurs take this because the Suns don't really have a way to hide Nash on the defensive end. Bowen isn't out there anymore. RJ, Manu, Hill and Parker all get significant minutes together. Who is Nash gonna guard?

Also, George hill is not a "go to guy." He takes open shots that the Big Three get him, and when he's not doing that, he's taking it to the hole because the defense is glued to the Big Three. He simply takes what the defense gives him.

The team that wins this series is the team that can get the big defensive stops. Unless Dragic is getting 35+ min/game, then i don't see how the Suns are going to get clutch stops over the course of each game.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
There we go Suns fan.

I think the spurs take this because the Suns don't really have a way to hide Nash on the defensive end. Bowen isn't out there anymore. RJ, Manu, Hill and Parker all get significant minutes together. Who is Nash gonna guard?

Also, George hill is not a "go to guy." He takes open shots that the Big Three get him, and when he's not doing that, he's taking it to the hole because the defense is glued to the Big Three. He simply takes what the defense gives him.

The team that wins this series is the team that can get the big defensive stops. Unless Dragic is getting 35+ min/game, then i don't see how the Suns are going to get clutch stops over the course of each game.
george hill was a go to guy in the last series. especially in that game where TD couldn't make a shot, manu couldn't see the basket with that thing on his nose, and parker couldn't stay on the court. with out your go to boy you lose that game no? big 3 needs help or they won't beat the suns.

go suns win this for nash! TD is old, parker has bipolar disorder and just let amare elbow manu's nose again by accident like dirk did and you'll be GTG.

epb

Reaction score
george hill was a go to guy in the last series. especially in that game where TD couldn't make a shot, manu couldn't see the basket with that thing on his nose, and parker couldn't stay on the court. with out your go to boy you lose that game no? big 3 needs help or they won't beat the suns.

go suns win this for nash! TD is old, parker has bipolar disorder and just let amare elbow manu's nose again by accident like dirk did and you'll be GTG.

George hill had big moments and the Big Three definitely need help, but George hill isn't out there beating double teams. He's out there hitting open threes.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
There we go Suns fan.

My question is, is Parker recovered enough from his injury to evicerate Nash like he has done in the past? I think Nash will be able contain him to a degree because he hasn't looked like th eplayer from 3 years ago all year and again, I see Dragic making his life more difficult every time he is in the game as well.

If the Spurs are going to win this game its going to be because of Jefferson. If he steps up and has 2-3 big games, the Suns are in trouble.

If they can contain him and keep Duncan and Parker in the 15-19 ppg range (which is all they have been getting in the recent past) then the Suns win in 6 even if Manu gets 30 a game.

Problem is guarding Duncan without double teaming. I would like us a WHOLE lot better if Lopez was playing. As it stands I see a long series depending on some breaks along the way,

And with the Suns luck against the Spurs, that sounds kinda foreboding.

epb

Reaction score
My question is, is Parker recovered enough from his injury to evicerate Nash like he has done in the past? I think Nash will be able contain him to a degree because he hasn't looked like th eplayer from 3 years ago all year and again, I see Dragic making his life more difficult every time he is in the game as well.

If the Spurs are going to win this game its going to be because of Jefferson. If he steps up and has 2-3 big games, the Suns are in trouble.

If they can contain him and keep Duncan and Parker in the 15-19 ppg range (which is all they have been getting in the recent past) then the Suns win in 6 even if Manu gets 30 a game.

Problem is guarding Duncan without double teaming. I would like us a WHOLE lot better if Lopez was playing. As it stands I see a long series depending on some breaks along the way,

And with the Suns luck against the Spurs, that sounds kinda foreboding.

Parker is fully recovered. I agree that Jefferson is huge in this series. Any games where Hill or RJ go off for 20+ are going to be wins for the Spurs.

Also, if duncan demands a double team then i don't see how the suns are going to make defensive stops. Especially with nash on the floor. If duncan is contained without a double team and RJ disappears, then the Suns have a shot. They have to run, though, and run a lot. They can't let this turn into a half-court game which is what the Spurs always make them play.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Also, if duncan demands a double team then i don't see how the suns are going to make defensive stops.

You act as though the Spurs are the only team in the league with a good post player and spot-up shooters.

They have to run, though, and run a lot. They can't let this turn into a half-court game which is what the Spurs always make them play.

Wow, how original. Who fed you that line, Mark Jackson?

epb

Reaction score
You act as though the Spurs are the only team in the league with a good post player and spot-up shooters.

Wow, how original. Who fed you that line, Mark Jackson?

I'm actually just acting like the Suns are going to have to defend this in the postseason for the first time. Don't act like the Suns faced a low post juggernaut in rd 1.

And Portland couldn't figure out how to slow them down. So of course Phoenix looked good at times during last series.

Real quick, before we get into this, tell me where i was wrong in any of the things i've pointed out in any of my posts.

da_suns_fan

Registered
Reaction score
There we go Suns fan.

Jefferson. He sucks.

Whos gonna guard Nash? He torched the Spurs in the regular season now that Bruce Bowen is gone. 20 pts and 12 assist average on 57% shooting in three games versus the Spurs. Im not too worried about Dickie Jefferson going off because Steve Nash is on him.

Or screw it, put him on Parker or Hill. AMAZING that neither of those two managed 20 points against the Suns this year in any of their three meetings considering Nash sucks so bad at defense (you have to hide him).

Even more amazing is Hill couldnt even score in double figures (even though he played 40 minutes in the second game).

Im pretty sure Spurs fans are scared. They traded veteran craftyness for youth and inexperience.

The Suns have the best player (Amare), the smartest player (Hill), the best defender (Dudley), the best leader (Nash), the most explosive player (Richardson), the better bench and home court advantage.

Suns in five. Parkers gonna demand a trade in the off-season.

epb

Reaction score
Jefferson. He sucks.

Whos gonna guard Nash? He torched the Spurs in the regular season now that Bruce Bowen is gone. 20 pts and 12 assist average on 57% shooting in three games versus the Spurs. Im not too worried about Dickie Jefferson going off because Steve Nash is on him.

Or screw it, put him on Parker or Hill. AMAZING that neither of those two managed 20 points against the Suns this year in any of their three meetings considering Nash sucks so bad at defense (you have to hide him).

Even more amazing is Hill couldnt even score in double figures (even though he played 40 minutes in the second game).

Im pretty sure Spurs fans are scared. They traded veteran craftyness for youth and inexperience.

The Suns have the best player (Amare), the smartest player (Hill), the best defender (Dudley), the best leader (Nash), the most explosive player (Richardson), the better bench and home court advantage.

Suns in five. Parkers gonna demand a trade in the off-season.

- Suns fan

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'm actually just acting like the Suns are going to have to defend this in the postseason for the first time.

That's absurd. Portland has plenty of scorers. You're right that none of them fits the Duncan mold, but so what? The Suns still doubled Aldridge in the post, even if they may not have needed to. I assume the Spurs will double Stoudemire, at least a good percentage of the time. Double teams are part of the NBA.

Real quick, before we get into this, tell me where i was wrong in any of the things i've pointed out in any of my posts.

Nothing's been wrong; it's all been regurgitated conventional wisdom that you can find a billion other places on the internet. Basically your thesis is: Duncan presents defensive problems for the opposition. That's the deepest insight you can come up with, and you want us to be impressed with your understanding of the game?

epb

Reaction score
That's absurd. Portland has plenty of scorers. You're right that none of them fits the Duncan mold, but so what? The Suns still doubled Aldridge in the post, even if they may not have needed to. I assume the Spurs will double Stoudemire, at least a good percentage of the time. Double teams are part of the NBA.

Nothing's been wrong; it's all been regurgitated conventional wisdom that you can find a billion other places on the internet. Basically your thesis is: Duncan presents defensive problems for the opposition. That's the deepest insight you can come up with, and you want us to be impressed with your understanding of the game?

Actually, the Spurs haven't doubled Amare in any of their postseason match ups. This is pretty well known stuff, bud. And the fact that the suns haven't faced anyone with a legitimate post presence was the reason for addressing the issue. I've spoken on dragic, Nash, Jefferson, hill, parker and Lopez. Duncan was only one of the many things i posted on. If your bothered by spurs-suns basketball talk in a spurs-suns basketball thread, then i don't know what to tell you. I've read some of your most recent takes on this series so I dont think it would take too much to impress you.

Also, the majority of spurs-suns related talk on here consists of how the spurs are "whiney, dirty, flopping, stern favorites." I'm sure you're used to that, so i apologize if i upset the balance.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Actually, the Spurs haven't doubled Amare in any of their postseason match ups. This is pretty well known stuff, bud. And the fact that the suns haven't faced anyone with a legitimate post presence was the reason for addressing the issue. I've spoken on dragic, Nash, Jefferson, hill, parker and Lopez. Duncan was only one of the many things i posted on. If your bothered by spurs-suns basketball talk in a spurs-suns basketball thread, then i don't know what to tell you. I've read some of your most recent takes on this series so I dont think it would take too much to impress you.

Also, the majority of spurs-suns related talk on here consists of how the spurs are "whiney, dirty, flopping, stern favorites." I'm sure you're used to that, so i apologize if i upset the balance.

LOL

If your goal was to be an arrogant jerk who likes to brag that he knows more about the Suns and people on this board than we do, then you've succeeded. This post particular proves you know nothing about people on this board, so I wouldn't try to pretend you do. It just makes you look foolish.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wait a second here! Are you suggesting the Spurs are NOT "whiney, dirty, flopping, stern favorites"? Because I looked up Spurs and either I need to buy a new dictionary or you're just trying to stir up trouble.

Steve

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Actually, the Spurs haven't doubled Amare in any of their postseason match ups.

That's just completely incorrect. Whether they double him more or less than 50% of the time, I don't know, but they double him plenty.

If your bothered by spurs-suns basketball talk in a spurs-suns basketball thread, then i don't know what to tell you.

I'm still waiting for any reason to read what you have to say. So far, you haven't come up with a single original thought, except for things that are factually incorrect. I'm not "bothered" by vapid homerism, but neither does it hold any interest for me.

I've read some of your most recent takes on this series

No you haven't. I've posted almost nothing about my "takes" on this series. Do you have anything of mine to quote? No, because it isn't there.

If you were paying the slightest attention -- which obviously you aren't -- you would see that I don't respond to those posts, either.

It's easy for me to keep track of who you are, because there are only a couple of brand-new Spurs trolls here, and Katy has already disappeared. If you're actually interested in a discussion, search on some of my posts and learn where I'm coming from. Otherwise, keep shouting to the crowd and see whether anyone's paying attention.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05