Guess who Cards #7 overall pick will be

Who will the Cards end up with with #7 overall pick

• Total voters

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Not who you want us to take, but who you think we will actually end up with.
Choose per poll.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I think it'll be Cooper.

I wonder, if DeCastro was in this draft instead of last year's, how would he stack up against the other OL at the top of the board? Would he be the top Guard or is Warmack/Cooper looked at as a better prospect?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think it'll be Cooper.

I wonder, if DeCastro was in this draft instead of last year's, how would he stack up against the other OL at the top of the board? Would he be the top Guard or is Warmack/Cooper looked at as a better prospect?

Everything that I've read suggests that Warmack and Cooper are both superior guard prospects to DeCastro. Warmack has better power and equivalent mobility. Cooper has equivalent power but superior mobility.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Still guess Warmack. Could 'switch' to Cooper, but it might be pre-draft talk. So I'll just stick with Warmack and let the chips fall where they may.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
my guess is that the Cards will draft Cooper....personally I am on the fence between Cooper and Warmack but I can see how the team may have Cooper rated higher........................... however, if Jarvis Jones is still on the board at #7 things will get interesting.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I think its even money between Jonathan Cooper and a trade-down for Jarvis Jones. But they won't give the pick away.

seesred

Reaction score
If Johnson is there I think he will be the pick. If Jordan is there things could change.

GBR

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
You don't have the Cards pick even listed as a choice. It's Star Lotulelei. I haven't heard one draft interview with Keim or Arians where they haven't talked about addressing the DL.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cooper is really good

Warmack is AWESOME!!! He blows holes open in the D line. He's a freaking cannon ball.

I could run through the holes he opens.

The beauty of Warmack is the DE can't just rush the passer...he has to play the run because the guy next to him is gonna be D-stroyed.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I think it'll be Cooper.

I would take Decastro over Warmack/Cooper. Better all around guard than either in my opinion.

27Veer

Veteran
Reaction score
Lane Johnson, but I won't be disappointed by Warmack either.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I had Fisher making it to 7 and I'm just going to stick with that. Though I might be proven wrong as early as the #1 pick..

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I had Fisher making it to 7 and I'm just going to stick with that. Though I might be proven wrong as early as the #1 pick..

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2m
Chiefs will take LT Eric Fisher with the first pick in the draft, per source with knowledge of the team's plans.

Someone's getting proved wrong, that's for sure. :)

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
You don't have the Cards pick even listed as a choice. It's Star Lotulelei. I haven't heard one draft interview with Keim or Arians where they haven't talked about addressing the DL.

Sorry I left Star Lotulelei off. Cards supposedly have 7 guys listed in order of BPA and its said they will stick by that and take the highest one available. When I think of who those top 7 guys are, I just don't see Star as being one of them. But who knows. They usually surprise us.

My top 7 would be:
Fisher
Joeckel
Johnson
Jordan
Cooper
Warmack
Milliner

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

How about this one: http://blog.azcardinals.com/2013/04/24/the-gm-the-day-before/

“We have seven players we are extremely comfortable with and not all are offensive linemen. The decision has been made because we have already talked about it. If it’s a safety or a pass rusher or linebacker, that is a decision we have already talked about and we’re not going to force the pick just because everyone thinks our offensive line has to improve. In the long run, in two years when needs change, you’ve made a huge mistake.”

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
If the media is to be believed out big board looks like:

1a. Joeckel
1b. Fisher
3. Johnson
4. Cooper
5. Jordan
???????????

Media is insisting our top 3 will all be gone which would make Cooper the pick. There hasn't been a peep about us and Warmack.

But it could all be a smokescreen.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I picked Warmack. It will be a toss up between the two guards.

ndhillst

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm pondering the possibility of moving down to 9 so they can get Austin now that it sounds like the Bills want him. Then we pick Cooper.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I went with Cooper. I think it's too high to take him, but if the 3 OTs and Jordan are gone, I think he'll be the pick.

Quagmire

The thread killa strikes again
Reaction score
I think DT will be the best value at #7. Either Star or Shariff will be our pick and everyone will overreact here just like last year with Floyd.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I would not be scared to take Matt Barclay at #7 overall but believe He will be there 2nd round- Give him sometime behind Palmer would be cool.

But I think We'll take Ezekiel Ansah because He'll be the BPA after the Eagles take Tavon Austin- will know soon.