Have you lost interest?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I lost interest three games into the season. If it weren't for Len, TJ, and Archie, I wouldn't be watching at all until the twins and Bledsoe were gone.

You're going to be disappointed. I highly doubt Bledsoe will be gone anytime soon.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
I would not say that I have lost interest, but I am less interested than I have been at any time I remember in the last 30 years of following this team.

The last time we were in the playoffs seems like a million years ago. My 8-year-old does not remember watching the Suns in the playoffs. The last time we in the post season, I still had hope that Earl Clark could be a great player for the Suns.

The guy I like the best on the team got a DUI this summer and the one I liked second best forced his way off the team. Now I find myself trying to root for a bizarre pair of twins who seemingly whine after every play and a guy who complained that the team was using the rules against him when he did not get a contract he wanted.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You're going to be disappointed. I highly doubt Bledsoe will be gone anytime soon.

Eh last season nobody thought Dragic would be gone after the season he had.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
...some players surprised and, despite the grumblings of much of the board, Hornacek did such a good job that he nearly got coach of the year.
Which is exactly what happens when a team employs a gimmick. The following season they go downhill when the league adjusts.

In a league filled with as much talent as the NBA, that is never a long range plan.

Sarver and his underlings had their day in the sun and look at them now. Gutting a third of that team midway through the following season. If that is not a sign of failure in putting a roster together, I don't know what is.

Any rationalization about why it happened and whose fault it was doesn't change the situation. The team had its moment of glory and wound up with the most unbalanced roster in the NBA.

For us fans, it's sad!

Until a new owner clears the Front Office and coaching staff, the roster will not progress.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which is exactly what happens when a team employs a gimmick. The following season they go downhill when the league adjusts.

In a league filled with as much talent as the NBA, that is never a long range plan.

Sarver and his underlings had their day in the sun and look at them now. Gutting a third of that team midway through the following season. If that is not a sign of failure in putting a roster together, I don't know what is.

Any rationalization about why it happened and whose fault it was doesn't change the situation. The team had its moment of glory and wound up with the most unbalanced roster in the NBA.

For us fans, it's sad!

Until a new owner clears the Front Office and coaching staff, the roster will not progress.

I have this image of you taking a Rorschach test...;)

Steve

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I have this image of you taking a Rorschach test...;)

Steve
When there is humidity in the sky as the Phoenix sun sets, we see gorgeous orange highlights.

In a Rorschah test, I see the Phoenix Suns as a gray ball out of balance as it gets lower and lower. :)

Attachments

• Rorschack.png
    Rorschack.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 128

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't find the team very entertaining this year to be honest...

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My faith fell off a cliff once the Nash era went too long and i stopped watching at that point. Once the team finally moved on from that, and had a chance to rebuild and change gears i payed attention again. Now? There is zero direction to what the plan is, unless of course that plan means remaining mediocre and irrelevant.

As long as the insanity of historically building around PG's(now combo guards) and jump shooting, promoting a culture that focuses on offense and an exciting "brand" of basketball continues i won't be truly interested.

I've felt this way for a long time...They're doing it wrong.Regardless, i was a passionate die hard because of my history with the team emotionally. When they start doing it right i'll stand by the Suns(even if they struggle).

Bottom line: I will fully support my team if i believe in what they're doing and trying to achieve...even if the success doesn't materialize. Lol hell...I'm a Rams fan too. They've been bad for years, but they're on the right track as of late and "doing it right." I support that.

My Suns have been clueless for awhile now and yet nothing changes.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

For us fans, it's sad!

I'm sorry, but when I read posts like this the only thing I come away with is that you know very little about what 80% of the rosters in the league look like.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but when I read posts like this the only thing I come away with is that you know very little about what 80% of the rosters in the league look like.
I don't believe that 80% of the rosters end games with tweener Point Guards at both Guard and the Small Forward positions as the Suns did for half a season. Or gut the roster that they just put together midway through the season.

Or have a 210 pound player as backup C/PF. Or a starting PF who calls himself undersized. Or whose best rebounder is a Point Guard. Or not one skilled ball handler on the team.

Even if that were true about the 80%, I'd like to see the Suns strive to be in the upper 20%.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah... I don't really give a crap right now. There is NO ONE likable on this team to me and The insistence on the NO pure PG, let's go with two combo guards and likely over pay for both of them has left me pretty underwhelmed by the FO. I mean, they've put themselves in. Position where they pretty much have NO CHOICE but to pay Knight what he wants otherwise they basically just traded a Lakers lotto pick for nothing.

Len is the only ray of hope this team has and he keeps getting knicked up.

I forsee years of cloudy skies in the Valley of these Suns.

This. Especially since it was obvious it wasn't working like last year before you traded half your roster. They just reloaded on the same strategy which was disappointing.

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This. Especially since it was obvious it wasn't working like last year before you traded half your roster. They just reloaded on the same strategy which was disappointing.

You must be registered for see images