How Long Before A Move Is Made?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Really? I think it's a terrible idea. Ignoring the chemistry side of things, you don't think he has a lot of the same weaknesses that Bledsoe has? If we go after a small forward/shooting guard I'd really hope it would be for one that could shoot and handle the ball a little better than Lance does.

Steve

Our chemistry is pretty awful right now, so I don't think Lance is gonna ruin anything.

As for same weaknesses as Bledsoe, I think Lance is way less ball dominant and is a bigger player meaning he doesn't have a size disadvantage when guarding bigger players.

I mean, I'm not saying I would push for a Stephenson for IT trade but I wouldn't be that disappointed if it were to happen.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our chemistry is pretty awful right now, so I don't think Lance is gonna ruin anything.

As for same weaknesses as Bledsoe, I think Lance is way less ball dominant and is a bigger player meaning he doesn't have a size disadvantage when guarding bigger players.

I mean, I'm not saying I would push for a Stephenson for IT trade but I wouldn't be that disappointed if it were to happen.

I don't see how he improves us in any way unless we're getting rid of Bledsoe (and maybe Dragic). I'd rather package IT and some picks and role players for Al Jefferson if the rumors are true that he's on the table. He's mostly offense only but at least he's good at it (and rebounding). I suspect it would probably take a multi team deal as the best asset we can offer is a point guard and they have Kemba.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't see how he improves us in any way unless we're getting rid of Bledsoe (and maybe Dragic). I'd rather package IT and some picks and role players for Al Jefferson if the rumors are true that he's on the table. He's mostly offense only but at least he's good at it (and rebounding). I suspect it would probably take a multi team deal as the best asset we can offer is a point guard and they have Kemba.

Steve
I'd be down for Al but he would make our defense slightly worse.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
To me, the question about Lance is his attitude. Is he going to grow up or not?
putting that aside, I agree with Steve that unless Bledsoe goes, there is no need for Lance. I like the fact that he can play that point-forward role, but that's not what the Suns need with four point guards on the roster.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I'd be down for Al but he would make our defense slightly worse.

I don't think so. It's not like Morris and Plumlee are defensive stoppers. Jefferson/ Len front court would be a huge improvement over any combination the Suns have now. offensively, Jefferson probably has the best low-post game in the NBA. Problem is that Al can opt out after this season.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think so. It's not like Morris and Plumlee are defensive stoppers. Jefferson/ Len front court would be a huge improvement over any combination the Suns have now. offensively, Jefferson probably has the best low-post game in the NBA. Problem is that Al can opt out after this season.

How about IT, the Twins and the Minny pick? It would give Goran a nice pick and roll partner, improve our rebounding which is a big part of our defensive struggles and give us an inside scorer.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think Morris still better defender than Jefferson.

Jefferson has a lot of wear and tear on that body and hasn't really been durable throughout his career.

Would rather trade for the younger and more durable (and equally bad defensively) Greg Monroe but I wouldn't be completely agaibst Jefferson.

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
How about IT, the Twins and the Minny pick? It would give Goran a nice pick and roll partner, improve our rebounding which is a big part of our defensive struggles and give us an inside scorer.

Steve

I would be OK with that, but I am not sure it would be enough for Charlotte. Also, it just occured to me that they have Walker. IT might be a bit redundant.

On a side note- IT has fired his agent.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I think Morris still better defender than Jefferson.

Jefferson has a lot of wear and tear on that body and hasn't really been durable throughout his career.

Would rather trade for the younger and more durable (and equally bad defensively) Greg Monroe but I wouldn't be completely agaibst Jefferson.

With the exception of his first two years, he's been pretty much 20 and 10 player who shoots a good percentage, and can score at will in low post. He can also play pick and roll and hit an open jumper. He is 29 or 30 if my memory is right. Morris is just not even close. Jefferson is also much bigger than Morris. They may be listed as same height, but Jefferson just looks taller, stronger, and has longer arms. He can also play Center and not be all that undersized.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Isaiah Thomas just fired his agent

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2...thomas-fires-agent-as-nba-trade-season-begins

I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that he signed a relatively cheap contract with a team that he won't get the opportunity to start on.

Speculation is that he will demand a trade through his new agent.

I wonder what the hell he expected was going to happen when he signed with the Suns. Third team All-NBA PG, a young, promising PG on the roster already. Unless he was gambling on Bledsoe going bye-bye, I am not sure what he was thinking.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wonder what the hell he expected was going to happen when he signed with the Suns. Third team All-NBA PG, a young, promising PG on the roster already. Unless he was gambling on Bledsoe going bye-bye, I am not sure what he was thinking.

Well based on his comments coming in, he kept saying something along the lines of "I'm happy to come off the bench and sacrifice in order to win but if we're not winning I hope coach looks at maybe changing his options".

Suns have been doing more losing than winning this season so I'm assuming he's unhappy that he isn't getting a chance to start.

Do I agree? Hell no.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, the Suns would be a much better team if they could move Bledsoe and IT.

I'd rather invest in Dragic, have Ennis as the backup PG and add a third PG like Telfair for the time being. IT could likely be moved for a draft pick and Bledsoe would need to be included in a larger trade hopefully for a useable big man. Right now I am looking at Bledsoe's contract as a liability. If this happened, I can feel the weight coming off Hornacek's shoulders.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, the Suns would be a much better team if they could move Bledsoe and IT.

I'd rather invest in Dragic, have Ennis as the backup PG and add a third PG like Telfair for the time being. IT could likely be moved for a draft pick and Bledsoe would need to be included in a larger trade hopefully for a useable big man. Right now I am looking at Bledsoe's contract as a liability. If this happened, I can feel the weight coming off Hornacek's shoulders.

I don't know why you would think this. Last year, this roster minus Bledsoe and IT (plus Channing) won us half our games. Unless you think getting rid of Frye makes us a lot better, I just don't see that being that great of a solution. And the year before that we had Goran, Scola, Gortat, Jermaine, Dudley plus whoever and we were lucky to win 25 games. We've been a mess for most of the last 3 or 4 years, the exception being the half a season where Bledsoe, Dragic and Frye all played.

Steve

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I think moving Bled and IT (assuming we get SOMETHING serviceable for them would make the Suns more balanced. Too many guards starts affecting small forwards, which affects the big men rotation.

Also, remember that early success of Bledsoe/ Dragic backcourt with Frye as the 4 was kind of unusual. Teams didn't really know what they were dealing with and if I remember correctly, Frye was on fire during that time, as was Plumlee. Hell, we've watched them without IT this year, and they were terrible.

Clearing that logjam also makes it possible for us to find out what our youngsters have. Having said all that, Dragic is almost 30 years old. By the time our youngsters become good, Dragic will be on the downswing of his career (I am assuming he's not going to pull a Steve Nash and hit his prime in his early 30s.) At that point, aren't you better of keeping Bledsoe? I am not advocating that, but it is something to think about.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think moving Bled and IT (assuming we get SOMETHING serviceable for them would make the Suns more balanced. Too many guards starts affecting small forwards, which affects the big men rotation.

Also, remember that early success of Bledsoe/ Dragic backcourt with Frye as the 4 was kind of unusual. Teams didn't really know what they were dealing with and if I remember correctly, Frye was on fire during that time, as was Plumlee. Hell, we've watched them without IT this year, and they were terrible.

Clearing that logjam also makes it possible for us to find out what our youngsters have. Having said all that, Dragic is almost 30 years old. By the time our youngsters become good, Dragic will be on the downswing of his career (I am assuming he's not going to pull a Steve Nash and hit his prime in his early 30s.) At that point, aren't you better of keeping Bledsoe? I am not advocating that, but it is something to think about.

So many of the comments sound like "let's get rid of Bledose" rather than let's use him to acquire somebody. I really don't know what his value is, whether he's still somewhat coveted or if teams have second thoughts about him. I'm very against dumping him but if we can improve our front court by trading him, I'm fine with that. I'm fine with trading anyone on this roster if it gets us talent in return and especially if it helps us build a more balanced roster.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know why you would think this. Last year, this roster minus Bledsoe and IT (plus Channing) won us half our games. Unless you think getting rid of Frye makes us a lot better, I just don't see that being that great of a solution. And the year before that we had Goran, Scola, Gortat, Jermaine, Dudley plus whoever and we were lucky to win 25 games. We've been a mess for most of the last 3 or 4 years, the exception being the half a season where Bledsoe, Dragic and Frye all played.

Steve

I don't think the loss of Channing Frye changed the dynamics of the Suns roster much one way or the other except he is a much better player than Anthony Tolliver. So from that aspect, plus he was a good chemistry player, the Suns miss him but not $32 million dollars worth.

My thoughts are the Suns need to clean up their roster especially at the PG position because somehow it has gone awry. Maybe it is the addition of IT or Bledsoe getting the huge payday. Anyway it is not working and I think the solution is returning Dragic to lead PG. I'm thinking the Suns problems rests with these two players. Also Bledsoe is not worth $70 million dollars which could have been better spent. Maybe the Suns take a step back but I think this may be necessary for them to take two steps forward. IMO, the Suns need to look at a more traditional backcourt going forward.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So many of the comments sound like "let's get rid of Bledose" rather than let's use him to acquire somebody. I really don't know what his value is, whether he's still somewhat coveted or if teams have second thoughts about him. I'm very against dumping him but if we can improve our front court by trading him, I'm fine with that. I'm fine with trading anyone on this roster if it gets us talent in return and especially if it helps us build a more balanced roster.

Steve

The Suns kept Bledsoe to use as an asset. If he has any value, lets get it if it is only for a first round pick and an expiring contract.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think the loss of Channing Frye changed the dynamics of the Suns roster much one way or the other except he is a much better player than Anthony Tolliver. So from that aspect, plus he was a good chemistry player, the Suns miss him but not $32 million dollars worth.

My thoughts are the Suns need to clean up their roster especially at the PG position because somehow it has gone awry. Maybe it is the addition of IT or Bledsoe getting the huge payday. Anyway it is not working and I think the solution is returning Dragic to lead PG. I'm thinking the Suns problems rests with these two players. Also Bledsoe is not worth $70 million dollars which could have been better spent. Maybe the Suns take a step back but I think this may be necessary for them to take two steps forward. IMO, the Suns need to look at a more traditional backcourt going forward.

You're right, it might be the best thing for the future. I just thought your earlier comment was about the present.

Steve

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

Steve

Well, keep in mind that if we were somehow able to get rid of Bledsoe for literally nothing, we'd have $14M to sign someone else, so even just getting rid of Bledsoe would be a way to acquire someone. Of course, chances of that happening are minimal, so I get what you are saying.

Value is relative in this situation. Honestly, I'd be happy with Jordan Hill for Bledsoe straight up. Of course Bledsoe is the better player, but in the Suns' situation, Hill just may be more valuable. Same applies to Al Jefferson (Bledsoe+ twins maybe) or K-Love in a S&T deal, though those two are both clearly better players.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if Bledsoe AND IT go... we have a shortage of shooting guards as Goran becomes the PG again. That leaves Green (streaky), Goodwin (young), and Dragic (just not a good player.) Unless Morris twins go, we could end up with too many PFs as well.

Also, if we think defense is bad now... wait till Bledsoe goes bye-bye. I'd much rather move IT first and see if Bledsoe and Dragic can figure it out once they have a decent big men rotation.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well, keep in mind that if we were somehow able to get rid of Bledsoe for literally nothing, we'd have $14M to sign someone else, so even just getting rid of Bledsoe would be a way to acquire someone. Of course, chances of that happening are minimal, so I get what you are saying.

Value is relative in this situation. Honestly, I'd be happy with Jordan Hill for Bledsoe straight up. Of course Bledsoe is the better player, but in the Suns' situation, Hill just may be more valuable. Same applies to Al Jefferson (Bledsoe+ twins maybe) or K-Love in a S&T deal, though those two are both clearly better players.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if Bledsoe AND IT go... we have a shortage of shooting guards as Goran becomes the PG again. That leaves Green (streaky), Goodwin (young), and Dragic (just not a good player.) Unless Morris twins go, we could end up with too many PFs as well.

Also, if we think defense is bad now... wait till Bledsoe goes bye-bye. I'd much rather move IT first and see if Bledsoe and Dragic can figure it out once they have a decent big men rotation.

One guy I would love to see in PHX along with Dragic in the backcourt is Aaron Afflalo. An extremely hard worker, great teammate and an excellent defender when he doesn't have to shoulder the load offensively.

He's also a good shooter. Would have to be a 3 way trade though since Denver already has Lawson and doesn't need Bledsoe.

Evan Fournier (the guy who I wanted them to take instead of Marshall) is another option. Orlando used to have the hots for Bledsoe maybe they still do now. Fournier would look good alongside Dragic. Big time shooter also.

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
One guy I would love to see in PHX along with Dragic in the backcourt is Aaron Afflalo. An extremely hard worker, great teammate and an excellent defender when he doesn't have to shoulder the load offensively.

He's also a good shooter.

Very good passer/ facilitator for a SG as well.