How Long Before A Move Is Made?

cly2tw

Reaction score
Suns have the tradition to overpay their own FA without testing the market. It might be better to bundle Bledsoe and Makieff bad contract for a huge expiring + picks/young talents.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns have the tradition to overpay their own FA without testing the market. It might be better to bundle Bledsoe and Makieff bad contract for a huge expiring + picks/young talents.

Under the current CBA, huge expiring contracts don't have quite the value they used to. Also, I'm not convinced we have a bad contract.

Steve

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Under the current CBA, huge expiring contracts don't have quite the value they used to. Also, I'm not convinced we have a bad contract.

Steve

Huge expiring contract= ability to sign free agents. Those contracts are as valuable as ever. Oh, and of course we have a bad contract- Bledsoe. Morris twins don't have outstanding contracts either, especially Marcus.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huge expiring contract= ability to sign free agents. Those contracts are as valuable as ever. Oh, and of course we have a bad contract- Bledsoe. Morris twins don't have outstanding contracts either, especially Marcus.

I don't think so. The current CBA was designed to keep your stars home and it appears to be working. Most of the big money players re-sign. And, IMO, it's far too early to call Bledsoe's deal a bad one. Maybe it will be but I think you're going to see a lot of contracts like his and bigger as the cap explodes the next couple of years.

Steve

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To answer the thread question:

Not soon enough.

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score
To answer the thread question:

Not soon enough.

Agreed. Something has to be done to bolster the front court, and soon. It seems from hearing that IT fired his agent, and other rumors that I've heard that he may not be happy, that maybe moving IT might be an option to acquiring a big fella.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

You are a joke man seriously.

Markieff has one of the best contracts in the entire league and Marcus is paid about what he is worth, maybe slightly more.

Bledsoe is not a bad contract either.

But go dream of Dragic some more, maybe at some point of his career he will be able to play effectively without needing to be the man and being on a **** team.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Kieff definitely doesn't have a bad contract, its probably the best contract on the Suns right now. Agreed on Marcus though.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Dragic by almost every measure has been one of the worst Suns players this season, is almost 29, has back problems and about to be a free agent. He has never been a factor on a good team. He has not shown he can get his while playing on a balanced team or a good team.

But of course Dragic is untouchable. THAT LOGIC!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dragic by almost every measure has been one of the worst Suns players this season, is almost 29, has back problems and about to be a free agent. He has never been a factor on a good team. He has not shown he can get his while playing on a balanced team or a good team.

But of course Dragic is untouchable. THAT LOGIC!

Does he definitely have back problems? I thought that might be a smoke screen and he'd be back in 6 more games. Then, Bledsoe would go out for 8 games with a sprained gallbladder. I just figured, starting with Isaiah's ankle booboo, that each guard was getting an 8 game vacation to test the various combos.

Steve

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns should have stuck to their guns on Bledsoe and $48M. I'm getting sick of the $70M turnover machine. Half a season wasn't enough proof to give him that contract.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The Suns should have stuck to their guns on Bledsoe and $48M. I'm getting sick of the $70M turnover machine. Half a season wasn't enough proof to give him that contract.

Yet Dragic averages 2.3 turnovers while getting only 4 assists.

Dragic 1,7 assists/turnover
Bledsoe 1,8 assists/turnover

Dragic rates barely higher than Ennis so far this season.

Bledsoe 2.02 RPM , 2.24 WAR
Dragic -0.9 RPM, 0.71 WAR

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Yea really hope he doesn't suffer another knee injury, he relies so much on his athleticism it would decrease his value so much.

Kyle Lowry signed for the same $48 million we offered Bledsoe and Lowry is playing at a much higher level than EB. Sure Lowry is older but Lowry also doesn't have knee issues.

OP
OP
overseascardfan

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here is my plan for the rest of the season if I was in charge.

1) Trade Dragic - I wouldn't re-sign him for the max. Get the best deal you can for him as long as it's not someone on a ridiculous contract. Expiring deals & draft picks would be ideal.

2) Trade Thomas - There would be a number of suitors interested and Ennis looks like he could develop into a pretty good PG if given minutes. Expiring deals & draft picks would also be ideal.

3) Start Len - For rest of year, we need to know what we got. Plumlee is a back up even if he's here beyond this season.

Starting 5 -
Bledsoe (not by choice but unmovable contract), Green, Tucker, Kieff, Len

Bench - Plumlee, Marcus, Warren, Goodwin, Ennis

* Line up may differ depending on what is obtained in Dragic & Thomas deals.

We are not a playoff team, deal away excess PG's and go for a Top 3 pick. Man, that rumored speculation of a Irving for Bledsoe would be of interest if still an option as Irving is looking like a better deal for his level of production.

My Offseason Plan:
1) Offer max to Deandre Jordan - Kieff's game would mesh well with a rim protector like Jordan. Not having to pay for Dragic would free up some cash. Also, would look to deal Tucker & Plumlee to create more playing time for youngsters and add cap space.

2) Draft a PF - Depending where PHX pick lands either Chris McCollough (Top 5) or Christian Wood (10 - 15) would be my main targets. If we get the LA 1st I would look for Kevon Looney (if McCollough is gone).

3) Sign or draft a SG - Green is a FA and PHX would need cash to offer Jordan. Goodwin would be on the roster but if PHX could fit a guy like Wesley Matthews into the budget after Jordan we would be in business. If not Matthews, I would try and get a second 1st rounder and take Norman Powell out of UCLA, who might be the best pure SG in the draft next year.

Next year:
C - Jordan / Len
PF - Kieff / McCollough or Wood
SF - Marcus / Warren
SG - Goodwin / FA or draft pick
PG - Bledsoe / Ennis

* Roster could be different depending on what is obtained from Dragic & Thomas deals.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

1) Trade Dragic - I wouldn't re-sign him for the max. Get the best deal you can for him as long as it's not someone on a ridiculous contract.

2) Trade Thomas - There would be a number of suitors interested and Ennis looks like he could develop into a pretty good PG if given minutes.

3) Start Len - For rest of year, we need to know what we got. Plumlee is a back up even if he's here beyond this season.

Starting 5 -

We are not a playoff team, deal away excess PG's and go for a Top 3 pick. Man, that rumored speculation of a Irving for Bledsoe would be of interest if still an option as Irving is looking like a better deal for his level of production.

My Offseason Plan:
1) Offer max to Deandre Jordan - Kieff's game would mesh well with a rim protector like Jordan. Not having to pay for Dragic would free up some cash. Also, would look to deal Tucker & Plumlee to create more playing time for youngsters and add cap space.

2) Draft a PF - Depending where PHX pick lands either Chris McCollough (Top 5) or Christian Wood (10 - 15) would be my main targets. If we get the LA 1st I would look for Kevon Looney (if McCollough is gone).

3) Sign or draft a SG - Green is a FA and PHX would need cash to offer Jordan. Goodwin would be on the roster but if PHX could fit a guy like Wesley Matthews into the budget after Jordan we would be in business. If not Matthews, I would try and get a second 1st rounder and take Norman Powell out of UCLA, who might be the best pure SG in the draft next year.

Next year:
C - Jordan / Len
SF - Marcus / Warren
PG - Bledsoe / Ennis

* Roster could be different depending on what is obtained from Dragic & Thomas deals.

I agree with this for the most part. I would trade Thomas, and Dragic or Bledsoe (whichever draws the most interest). I would also trade Green.

We are looking for top lotto picks (top 3, Karl Towns level). We would also need a high quality 2. A 3 and D at the two.

I am not sure D Jordan is the answer. I would love to have Towns or Okafor out of this draft.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I'd love to get Stanley Johnson, Arizona and Myles Turner, Texas in the draft.

But I would settle for Chris McCullouch or Christian Wood also.

Stanley Johnson is the type of guy this team needs BADLY. Unfortunately same position as TJ Warren.

Rebuild around Bledsoe, Markieff and the other young guys. Ship Thomas, Tucker, Tolliver, Green, Dragic for REAL rebuilding assets.

Okafor and Towns are pipedreams, we will never have a top 2 pick.

Last edited:

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
Yet Dragic averages 2.3 turnovers while getting only 4 assists.

Dragic 1,7 assists/turnover
Bledsoe 1,8 assists/turnover

Dragic rates barely higher than Ennis so far this season.

Bledsoe 2.02 RPM , 2.24 WAR
Dragic -0.9 RPM, 0.71 WAR

That is some funny rounding you do to make Bledsoe look better than Dragic. If you take it another digit, the ration is 1.76 for Dragic and 1.78 for Bledsoe.

Bledsoe is the highest paid player and should be held to the highest standards. Currently he is third in the league in turnovers. Both Dragic and Bledsoe need to turn things around if they are going to earn their pay.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1) Trade Dragic - I wouldn't re-sign him for the max. Get the best deal you can for him as long as it's not someone on a ridiculous contract. Expiring deals & draft picks would be ideal.

2) Trade Thomas - There would be a number of suitors interested and Ennis looks like he could develop into a pretty good PG if given minutes. Expiring deals & draft picks would also be ideal.

Starting 5 -

My Offseason Plan:

Next year:
C - Jordan / Len
SF - Marcus / Warren
PG - Bledsoe / Ennis

I think Jordan is unattainable. Unless Rivers just hates his game, they'll pay him the max and that will be that. But, if we were to get Jordan, I think he'd pair much better with Goran than Eric and I don't believe his contract is unmovable. Also, I'll take Bledsoe's defense over Kyrie's game any day of the week. I do agree with trading Thomas and I also don't like the idea of paying 15 million per for Dragic. If he's really expecting that kind of money, I'd trade him. He's offense only and I wouldn't go above 12 per for him.

As for McCullough, his athleticism and length are huge draws but I'd still take Okafor over him. I worry a little about his reputation as an average rebounder. He should dominate the boards with with his frame, strength and hands but he'll be an elite scoring big at the next level and should be a solid defender. McCullough has more physical gifts but I think Okafor is the sure bet. JMO.

Steve

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I would avoid anyone named Okafor. Emeka turned out to be a giant wuss, and wasn't an impact player even when he was healthy. That's enough of a negative for me to rule out the entire family.

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I love Stanley Johnson he's gonna be a good one. There is nothing "soft" about that kid's game.

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score

Starting 5 -

My Offseason Plan:

Next year:
C - Jordan / Len
SF - Marcus / Warren
PG - Bledsoe / Ennis

Tucker is not old. I think he offers solid defense and rebounding for his size. I think he's more valuable to us being on our roster than in a trade. I think trading Green or IT makes the most sense, considering Green is going to be a FA and IT seems to be unhappy.