How Long Before A Move Is Made?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd swap Tucker for Stephenson

I think Lance is a horrible fit for us but yeah, I'd make that trade too. I don't know if we'd be much better on the court but it's a serious upgrade in talent. I can't see Charlotte making that trade though.

Steve

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He can defend 1-3 I think. Even 4's like LeBron. Why are so afraid of defense? He's still a good rebounding guard and can run the floor.

Can you imagine if him and bledsoe were paired up? Good D but no outside shots.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He can defend 1-3 I think. Even 4's like LeBron. Why are so afraid of defense? He's still a good rebounding guard and can run the floor.

Can you imagine if him and bledsoe were paired up? Good D but no outside shots.

What did I say to make you think I'm "afraid of defense". I think he's just as likely to disrupt your offense as he is to help your defense. And I think he brings too many of the same faults to the court as Bledsoe does and we already have a Bledsoe. Plus, I did say I'd make the deal if it were available. It's almost always a good thing at this stage of the development game to increase your assets and he clearly has more value than Tucker.

Steve

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't want Lance Stephenson anywhere near this roster. There's a reason Charlotte's shopping him already.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
lance Stephenson has no place on this team.

We lack shooters badly, we don't need more ISO players.

Btw
You must be registered for see images attach

Markieff and Bledsoe huh? Where is Dragic? Oh nowhere..

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I'm not quite there yet. If there is a good trade available, I'd go that route but I wouldn't scrap the season just yet if there isn't one.

Steve

IMO it will take at least 50 wins to make the playoffs. To get there the Suns will have to go 38-18 the rest of the way.

Not gonna happen with this crew.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
We lost 6 in a row, OKC won 7 in a row.

We are already behind OKC and NOP, expecting us to have any chance to outplay these two teams the rest of the way is delusional.

12-14 and we had one of the easiest schedules in the league so far.

We need to tank before it is too late to tank.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
This team isn't bad enough to tank. Just not gonna happen.

One of the 3 guards will be gone sooner, rather than later. It's just not working. It's probably going to be Thomas since he has a decent contract and seems to regret his decision.

Thomas for Monroe?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Monroe is a waste for us. What is he going to change? We would not even have bird rights to re-sign him. He can't shoot, he does not spread the floor, he can't play defense.
Since his sophomore season he has not improved anymore and his efficiency has trended down ever since.

McD needs to strip this roster and allow the young guys to get playing time before they rot away on our bench.

This team has too many iso player, not enough shooters and there is no pecking order on this team, we have a bunch above average players but when a former scrub like PJ Tucker is forced to be the leader of your team you probably have a problem.

Rebuild around Bledsoe, Morris and the young guys and finally start this mess over.

The only trades that would move the needle for this team are

A) Trade that nets a Star Player along the lines of Paul George, DeMarcus Cousins or Carmelo Anthony
B) Trade our depth for a potential young star player like Andre Drummond (he probably will never be a start, too soft, too little talent offensively)
C) Strip the roster, force playing time on Ennis, Warren, Goodwin and tank for two top 10 picks

Last edited:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I was just throwing it out there, seeing as Monroe wants to be traded. And it looks like Thomas does too. Saw the Monroe suggestion over @ Brightside.

I think the Suns need to ditch Thomas as quickly as possible before he becomes a cancer. I like him as a player. But I get the sense that he was told (by his agent) that Bledsoe wouldn't be back and he'd get to start. Or, at the very least, get a bunch of minutes and play at the end of games. He's clearly not happy.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would avoid anyone named Okafor. Emeka turned out to be a giant wuss, and wasn't an impact player even when he was healthy. That's enough of a negative for me to rule out the entire family.

Wow. That's scientific. Until his numbers dropped off in the last three years with various injuries, Emeka was average consistently around 14 and 11 and 2 blocks per game. He has been a very good defensive center throughout his career. Not a superstar by hardly a wuss.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Wow. That's scientific. Until his numbers dropped off in the last three years with various injuries, Emeka was average consistently around 14 and 11 and 2 blocks per game. He has been a very good defensive center throughout his career. Not a superstar by hardly a wuss.

I am pretty sure Eric was making a joke.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
This team isn't bad enough to tank. Just not gonna happen.

One of the 3 guards will be gone sooner, rather than later. It's just not working. It's probably going to be Thomas since he has a decent contract and seems to regret his decision.

Thomas for Monroe?

Not 100% sold on Monroe, but you are spot on. One of the guards has to go. Honestly, at this point I would consider trading two of them and letting Ennis get 12-15 minutes per game.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
from RGM insider
The Rockets want to trade with us on Friday. They have made a couple of offers; we have not accepted. I don't know anything from the Suns end on this.

Suns called about Brandon Wright and we were told no. I only know Green was a piece of that offer.

Dragic/IT/Green/Plumlee are the main pieces up for trade in the Texas oriented offers I heard about. I don't know anything else. But the Suns have made it known they are very much looking to deal.

Bledsoe isn't on the block, FYI.

Anyway, the Rockets were trying a three team deal with the Celtics and the Suns too.

I wouldn't mind doing a trade where we send out some of Green/IT/Plumlee/Picks/Etc to help a Rondo to the Rockets trade if we can walk away with KO from the Celts or even Sullinger. Maybe snag Mont from the Rockets too.

Anyway, I don't know much. And I don't know anything from the Suns end this year other than Bledsoe is not up for trade.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
Monroe is a waste for us. What is he going to change? We would not even have bird rights to re-sign him. He can't shoot, he does not spread the floor, he can't play defense.
Since his sophomore season he has not improved anymore and his efficiency has trended down ever since.

McD needs to strip this roster and allow the young guys to get playing time before they rot away on our bench.

This team has too many iso player, not enough shooters and there is no pecking order on this team, we have a bunch above average players but when a former scrub like PJ Tucker is forced to be the leader of your team you probably have a problem.

Rebuild around Bledsoe, Morris and the young guys and finally start this mess over.

The only trades that would move the needle for this team are

A) Trade that nets a Star Player along the lines of Paul George, DeMarcus Cousins or Carmelo Anthony
B) Trade our depth for a potential young star player like Andre Drummond (he probably will never be a start, too soft, too little talent offensively)
C) Strip the roster, force playing time on Ennis, Warren, Goodwin and tank for two top 10 picks

I like it.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Eric Bledsoe can't be traded for some more time because he took his sweet time signing his current contract.

OP
OP
overseascardfan

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I read a website proposal with LA to deal Lin, Hill or Randle and the 1st round pick they got from HOU for Bledsoe. Hill could be pretty useful, pick would be in 20's but potentially gives PHX 4 picks in this draft if MIN & LA win enough games. I think LA would probably be the 1 team that would actually consider taking Bledsoe's contract off PHX's hands, they are that desperate for a PG right now.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I read a website proposal with LA to deal Lin, Hill or Randle and the 1st round pick they got from HOU for Bledsoe. Hill could be pretty useful, pick would be in 20's but potentially gives PHX 4 picks in this draft if MIN & LA win enough games. I think LA would probably be the 1 team that would actually consider taking Bledsoe's contract off PHX's hands, they are that desperate for a PG right now.

Expiring contract, a promising rookie PF, a good PF/C, and a pick for Bledsoe?
I don't drink much and I take no drugs, but I'd take a sip/ puff of whatever the author of that proposal was having. :D

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Expiring contract, a promising rookie PF, a good PF/C, and a pick for Bledsoe?

Overseas said Lin, Hill, or Randle, not and. Which makes no sense, since those three players are of much different value and have much different salaries. But in any case, I think that the Lakers' reported interest in Bledsoe is hugely overstated. They must have gotten a pretty good chance to watch him when he was a Clipper, and his time with Phoenix can't have risen his stock.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Overseas said Lin, Hill, or Randle, not and. Which makes no sense, since those three players are of much different value and have much different salaries. But in any case, I think that the Lakers' reported interest in Bledsoe is hugely overstated. They must have gotten a pretty good chance to watch him when he was a Clipper, and his time with Phoenix can't have risen his stock.

Oh crap, I did miss that! That's what I get for trying to do three things at once.

I think you are right, but the Lakers have been truly awful and the moves they've made have been questionable, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were interested.

However, I would be very surprised they'd be willing to offer much to get Bledsoe. I would be ecstatic if the Suns got Randle OR Hill and a pick+ whatever expiring contract needs to be included to make salaries work.

They could simply offer Dragic a nice contract next summer, and end up with the better player without giving up any assets. Also, after how Babby robbed them in the last trade, if I were running the lakers, I would not touch anything the Suns have with a ten-foot pole. :D

OP
OP
overseascardfan

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Players available:
Celtics - Rondo
Pistons - Jennings, Smith, Monroe
Suns - Dragic, Green, Plumlee, Thomas, Bledsoe
Timberwolves - Young, Williams
Hornets - Everyone except Davis, Holiday & Asik