I can't stand the NBA!!

AzWins23

Reaction score
It's fixed! How can you tell me that Lebron James wasn't fouled at the end of the game? I understand its playoff basketball, but come on. Richard Hamilton was all over him right arm as he is going up for the shot. David Stern just wants to see the Spurs and Pistons play in the finals!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Why the hell would David Stern want the boring Pistons in the Finals over arguably the most popular player in the world in LeBron James?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why the hell would David Stern want the boring Pistons in the Finals over arguably the most popular player in the world in LeBron James?

seriously - everyone claiming the NBA is fixed so they can get a repeat of the lowest rated NBA Finals in 30 years (Spurs v. Pistons) is higher than I am. and that's saying something. god bless oxycodone.

mr_sunshine

Veteran
Reaction score
Eh, I don't know if it was a foul against LeBron. He was searching for contact more so than going for the shot. Regardless, why does Larry Hughes shoot a fade away instead of taking that rebound back to the rim? Or at the very least going straight up with it? Ridiculous.

The real blown call was the no call on Sheed. I know Varejao flops a lot, but Sheed fully extended his arm and tossed Varejao to the floor.

OP
OP
AzWins23

AzWins23

Reaction score
Eh, I don't know if it was a foul against LeBron. He was searching for contact more so than going for the shot. Regardless, why does Larry Hughes shoot a fade away instead of taking that rebound back to the rim? Or at the very least going straight up with it? Ridiculous.

The real blown call was the no call on Sheed. I know Varejao flops a lot, but Sheed fully extended his arm and tossed Varejao to the floor.

Larry Hughes is worthless. Give a guy 60 million dollars for 4 pts

OP
OP
AzWins23

AzWins23

Reaction score
It seems like Lebron doesn't win in any situation. I was watching the post game show on TNT, and they were blaming Lebron for using up the 24 seconds for the last shot, instead of driving to the lane earlier, so if they miss the shot, they can foul and have a chance to tie with a 3.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems like Lebron doesn't win in any situation. I was watching the post game show on TNT, and they were blaming Lebron for using up the 24 seconds for the last shot, instead of driving to the lane earlier, so if they miss the shot, they can foul and have a chance to tie with a 3.

bron can't win because bron keeps making REALLY stupid decisions. I was thinking the same thing as the studio guys - why the hell are you taking sooooo much time up here and that's the shot you get? The guy just isn't an end of game player at this point in his career.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Everyone superstar who hasn't won a title catches hell. I personally don't see the difference between Bron passing it to Donyell Marshall for the game-winning 3 and MJ passing it to Steve Kerr except the latter made it. Unfortunately it's the price you pay for being an icon.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone superstar who hasn't won a title catches hell. I personally don't see the difference between Bron passing it to Donyell Marshall for the game-winning 3 and MJ passing it to Steve Kerr except the latter made it. Unfortunately it's the price you pay for being an icon.

a couple things - first, Bron hasn't shown the late game ability ot actually FINISH games like MJ did early in his career to go with the passing. Second, how many times did you see MJ pass that ball when his team was actually DOWN in the game and got right to the rack like Bron did? Kerr got that wide-open 15 footer (a much easier shot than a 3 from a complete has-been) in a tie game where if he missed, he missed, but they were still going to OT, whereas if Marshall missed, the game was over - period. But even with that said, to be honest, I didn't have that much of a problem with the pass in Game 1 - on the road, down 2 with seconds left, and a guy is THAT open, you go for the kill, especially against a team that is really better than you.

however, Bron just isn't being aggressive in this series and he's settling for either jumpers or nothing at all and that doesn't make sense. It's completely different from the player he was a year ago in the playoffs when the guy just attacked everything that came at him. It seems like his entire game this year has regressed in that area though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
imagine if the cavs got redd instead of hughes?

and held on to Boozer? Holy crap, that team would be winning 8 of the next 10 titles, at least and be pretty fun to watch.

Steel Sun

I hate John Paxson
Reaction score
why would we want cleveland to win anyway.
The pistons are the only team that has a chance against the Sterns(I mean Spurs)

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
why would we want cleveland to win anyway.
The pistons are the only team that has a chance against the Sterns(I mean Spurs)

and even they dont have a great chance. the spurs will most likely win either way, so if the cavs make it to the finals it will be slightly more entertaining

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
What makes me laugh about Cleveland is their front office was in such a big hurry to get Bron to sign an extension that they threw all sort of money at garbage like Donyell Marshall, Larry Hughes, Damon Jones, etc. and those horrific contracts will probably be the reason he opts out in a couple years as Cleveland is stuck with this non-championship core for the foreseeable future.

That could be a ridiculous summer in free agency. It wouldn't surprise me if LeBron, Kobe, and Wade all hit the market after opting out.

HooverDam

Reaction score

Thank you for being reasonable, I'm so sick of this NBA is fixed crap. Why would they want a repeat of a Spurs-Pistons finals which had extremely low ratings? If it was fixed, why would Oden and Durant be headed to the Pacific Northwest? Get a clue people.

sharkman

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for being reasonable, I'm so sick of this NBA is fixed crap. Why would they want a repeat of a Spurs-Pistons finals which had extremely low ratings? If it was fixed, why would Oden and Durant be headed to the Pacific Northwest? Get a clue people.

Lighten up...

...it's a message board...and people are simply posting their opinions...
...I don't think the NBA is "fixed" either...but I do think that Stern is directing the League to be more physical...which isn't entertaining.

OP
OP
AzWins23

AzWins23

Reaction score
What makes me laugh about Cleveland is their front office was in such a big hurry to get Bron to sign an extension that they threw all sort of money at garbage like Donyell Marshall, Larry Hughes, Damon Jones, etc. and those horrific contracts will probably be the reason he opts out in a couple years as Cleveland is stuck with this non-championship core for the foreseeable future.

That could be a ridiculous summer in free agency. It wouldn't surprise me if LeBron, Kobe, and Wade all hit the market after opting out.

Lebron just signed a extension this year..i don't think he can opt out of his contract now

Nash Attack

Reaction score
bron can't win because bron keeps making REALLY stupid decisions. I was thinking the same thing as the studio guys - why the hell are you taking sooooo much time up here and that's the shot you get? The guy just isn't an end of game player at this point in his career.
I agree 100% with Lebron and that decision. You are down 1, you take it to the basket with just enough time to get maybe one offensive tip. In fact, I think he went to early. You don't want the Pistons to have another chance if you make it. You want to be in control on the offense every time in that situation.

BTW, LeBron was easily fouled several times on that play, he was slapped continously on that last possesion, all of which should have been a foul. The refs just didn't feel like calling it, the NBA isn't rigged, it was just a case of the ref not wanting to make a call at the end of a game with a bigger James going up against a smaller Hamilton. I don't like some of the NBA's decisions, but I truely don't buy into it being rigged.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
What makes me laugh about Cleveland is their front office was in such a big hurry to get Bron to sign an extension that they threw all sort of money at garbage like Donyell Marshall, Larry Hughes, Damon Jones, etc.

Hughes and Marshall weren't garbage before they came to Cleveland. Playing with James has turned them into garbage.

fordronken

Reaction score
Hughes and Marshall weren't garbage before they came to Cleveland. Playing with James has turned them into garbage.

Come on. They were okay players who had very specific skill sets which were, for the most part, terrible fits for that team. Hughes is basically a really crappy version of LeBron and Marshall is a below average power forward with an above average three point shot. Both players were wildly overpayed because of a weak free agent class. This was a perfect example of a team deciding to spend its free agent money no matter who was available. That offseason was their shot to use free agency to build a team for the future around LeBron James and they failed miserably. I don't even think the Cavs would make the playoffs in the Western Conference.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05