I have not cried over a game in damn near 10 years.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The opener in Cincinatti maybe 10 years or so ago when Larry Centers fumbled the game away. But tonight, I sat in my car and bawled for 15 minutes. I am tired of always being so close yet so far. Tomorrow when all my friends who know I'm a Cardinal fan wake up and say after going to bed on the game, OMG Deric's boys lost this game??!!! Hell, the rest of the world for that matter will think of us and say "same old Cardinals". I can't do it no more gang. I'm going to need to find something else to take up my time on Sundays. I am too old and beat up to go through this game after game, week after week, year after year. My God give me strength. I can't breathe right now.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
The opener in Cincinatti maybe 10 years or so ago when Larry Centers fumbled the game away. But tonight, I sat in my car and bawled for 15 minutes. I am tired of always being so close yet so far. Tomorrow when all my friends who know I'm a Cardinal fan wake up and say after going to bed on the game, OMG Deric's boys lost this game??!!! Hell, the rest of the world for that matter will think of us and say "same old Cardinals". I can't do it no more gang. I'm going to need to find something else to take up my time on Sundays. I am too old and beat up to go through this game after game, week after week, year after year. My God give me strength. I can't breathe right now.

Man, that's a great post. That is exactly where I'm coming from.

Football is supposed to be fun isn't it phillycard? Why do we suffer so?

danb22

Reaction score
I feel the same way bro. This is something that will never leave my mind. What could've been.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Edure just a little longer, it's horrible I know I'm old and tired, tired tired but I got a little more in me, there's never been this much hope ever, it wears number 7 and he will conquer this I know in my heart he will.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how can you continually let this team get you to the point of tears? Tonight was the funniest thing I've seen in years - ON NATIONAL TELEVISION! NOW EVERYONE knows what it's like to be a Cardinals fan.

even my boss - a HUGE Bears fan callled me at the end of the game, almost in tears, apologizing to me, telling me he had never wanted the Bears to lose so badly in his entire life.

if you can't see the comedy in this team, I feel very sorry for you.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
how can you continually let this team get you to the point of tears? Tonight was the funniest thing I've seen in years - ON NATIONAL TELEVISION! NOW EVERYONE knows what it's like to be a Cardinals fan.

even my boss - a HUGE Bears fan callled me at the end of the game, almost in tears, apologizing to me, telling me he had never wanted the Bears to lose so badly in his entire life.

Currently Im laughing and crying at the same time.

Im in the "I cant breathe" mode right now

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I told one of my friends a very similar thing tonight. I said it's not that the Cardinals lose, it is HOW they lose that is laughable. They have to give you that small shred of hope that you have buried deep deep down underneath your common sense and low expectations. They have dig threw the years of knowledge that they will fail and raise up those dead feelings of hope and then, only when you truely believe, crush them utterly. That is Cardinals football.

AzWins23

Reaction score

I'am with you 100%

daytripper

All Star
Reaction score
Edure just a little longer, it's horrible I know I'm old and tired, tired tired but I got a little more in me, there's never been this much hope ever, it wears number 7 and he will conquer this I know in my heart he will.

Youre right, tonights game will be looked back upon by all who watched as a turning point, no the turning point of this franchise. While it was one of the most difficult losses Ive seen, there is way more good than bad in its aftermath.
THat will become evident in the coming months.
There is too much talent here not to make a difference.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

It really is funny isn't it cheese.

You can say whatever you want about the raiders, but I know who the laughing stock of this league is.

If you were to write a manuscript about the most snake-bit team in the history of professional sports, this would the next to the last chapter.

Use your imagination to think about what the final pages of that book would reveal.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score

Cheese this **** aint funny it's hearbreaking it's about the most gut wrenching loss I've ever seen in any sport.

It had the most ridiculous Kornheiser build up to it imaginable, it made ESPN's year, it was an Orgy of Bearness.

It is as bad as you can ever get as a fan in any sport ever, I'm proud of people for not getting violent after this, I'm proud of myself for not jumping off a freaking bridge or just retreating into a mumbling ball in a corner.

This is like laughing at someone dying, you need to check what you think is funny.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really is funny isn't it cheese.

You can say whatever you want about the raiders, but I know who the laughing stock of this league is.

If you were to write a manuscript about the most snake-bit team in the history of professional sports, this would the next to the last chapter.

Use your imagination to think about what the final pages of that book would reveal.

no one could write what happens with this team if they tried - it simply wouldn't be believable.

ASU_Gradstu

Reaction score
I grew up in Kansas in a Chiefs household, but we just watched on tv, never went to games. I'm now a grad student at ASU, and have had a soft spot for the Cards because we both moved down here from 'back home.'

I'd never been to an NFL game in my life until last week. My family was impressed by how the Cards fans acted. Obviously, we were quite relieved at the outcome of *that* game (sorry ;) ).

I just wanted to say that a whole lot of people who were *not* from Chicago were rooting for the Cards this week, and were impressed at their challenge to the Bears, even considering the final outcome. I found the commentators really annoying, as did a lot of others.

Just wanted to say...we feel your heartbreak. I might become a Cards fan (as long as they're not playing the Chiefs) after all :)

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
that is true

I think I would actually like to see one of the big news outlets (preferably, in print) take a big stab at why this team is so bad and how they've been that bad for that long.

Make it a real piece, not just easy answers or simple anicdotes that are corelation to the cancer, but an honest-to-god indepth look at the seeming futility of the Cardinals.

It'd be better than half the fluff that's in the magazines.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
no one could write what happens with this team if they tried - it simply wouldn't be believable.

I've got questions if it wasn't written but that's just loser talking.

We got some fans tonight IMO, Matt Leinart is the real deal he played a team that destroyed other QB's and did plenty to win.

I aint into moral victories, this is devastation of the worst kind but we do have Matt.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I can't do it no more gang. I'm going to need to find something else to take up my time on Sundays. I am too old and beat up to go through this game after game, week after week, year after year.

Take up NASCAR brother...I did, and now my Sundays are fun again!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I think I would actually like to see one of the big news outlets (preferably, in print) take a big stab at why this team is so bad and how they've been that bad for that long.

Make it a real piece, not just easy answers or simple anicdotes that are corelation to the cancer, but an honest-to-god indepth look at the seeming futility of the Cardinals.

It'd be better than half the fluff that's in the magazines.

What I want to know is, if you're a national writer, like Peter King, what do you say about this game and the cardinals?

"Choking" does not cover it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got questions if it wasn't written but that's just loser talking.

We got some fans tonight IMO, Matt Leinart is the real deal he played a team that destroyed other QB's and did plenty to win.

I aint into moral victories, this is devastation of the worst kind but we do have Matt.

it doesn't matter.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
What I want to know is, if you're a national writer, like Peter King, what do you say about this game and the cardinals?

The obvious angle is the chocking but you aint human if you didn't want the Cardinals to win that game, that or your a Bears fan.

It's just another page into the history of what will make turning it all around even more unbellievable.

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

cheese. Okay, if you want to say funny fine, but I have my entire life invested in this football team, and to see what possibly was our greatest victory EVER snatched away from us like a slow 7 year old with a toy, is beyond gut wrenching. Maybe for you this is a joke, and possibly when we're winning our 3rd Super Bowl, you and I will drink a toast and laugh about this, but dont say things like "I feel sorry for you" when I say what I say. This is serious for me man, and I have been a Cards fan forever, so the suffering is written in stone for me. I have come too far as a man to place this much onus on a football game, not when there are people and kids getting shot and killed on the street left and right here, but also don't minimize how much this loss meant to someone like me. Do me that favor bro.

Last edited:

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I'm with you 100%. I can't help but laugh at games like this. I just knew the Cards would find a way to lose this game and there was no way in hall Rackers was going to hit that FG.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

The annoying thing about King and his ilk are that they are flippantly dismissive of the Cardinals, "always have, always will be" but they've never bothered to say why.

It won't be a one sentence answer though and getting something slightly larger than a soundbyte (even if it's typed) out of any wordjockey is a tall task.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
cheese. Okay, if you want to say funny fine, but I have my entire life invested in this football team, and to see what possibly was our greatest victory EVER snatched away from us

This is what I don't get. Wasn't the playoff win over the Cowboys much bigger, even the win over the Chargers that year to make the playoffs was bigger than any game since.