I think we will make a play for......

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we wanted to be disappointed by a QB from USC - we'd have just kept Leinart. :|

We can always get Barkley next year. I actually like Barkley even if he is a Trojan, he's got the measurables, is well coached and has a solid not great arm. I think the problem with him is upside, he's so well developed from all the years of private coaches and stuff that while he's not Marinovich, he's not a guy you figure has a lot of room to get better.

I was actually surprised he didn't come out this past year I think coming off the year he had it would have made sense.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
McCoy would have been perfect for the Cards two years ago. He was a Warner clone at Texas. Too late now as things have changed both for the Cards and for Colt.

By the way it will be the Okie State QB who is available after pre season not Colt McCoy. :D

You're in Texas, so I will forgive you for wearing your :barf:Burnt Orange-tinted glasses when looking at this kid, but he never had the size nor the skill to compete at the next level.

:D

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You're in Texas, so I will forgive you for wearing your :barf:Burnt Orange-tinted glasses when looking at this kid, but he never had the size nor the skill to compete at the next level.

:D

Colt McCoy 6'1" 215 Kurt Warner 6'2" 214 so I guess you're right Colt is an inch too short. :D

McCoy was an exceptionally accurate QB who excelled at beating the blitz and winning games with no rushing attack or defense and throwing the ball 50 times a game in college. THESMEL would have hated it but he would have been perfect to continue the offense Warner ran.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This.

I'm on the record of liking Mark Sanchez, and there's no chance that the Jets can or will get rid of him for the next two years at least. The amount of hate directed at a guy who's lead his team to the AFC Championship game two of the last three years is pretty incredible.

How blinded by hate are these people? They're suggesting that the New York Jets somehow have/had a good offensive line. C'mon, man.

Anyway, if Kolb or Skelton don't work out, we're going to turn to the draft. It'll likely be Whis's last chance to figure something out at the QB position before he gets the axe. And if you're on your last chance, I don't think you turn to a quarterback that his team doesn't want a third time.

Agreed. I don't love Mark Sanchez, but he is a starter in this league. Tyler Wilson would be great, but I hope the QB situation gets settled this year in a positive way. I doubt it does, but I still can hope.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Colt McCoy 6'1" 215 Kurt Warner 6'2" 214 so I guess you're right Colt is an inch too short. :D

McCoy was an exceptionally accurate QB who excelled at beating the blitz and winning games with no rushing attack or defense and throwing the ball 50 times a game in college. THESMEL would have hated it but he would have been perfect to continue the offense Warner ran.

Totally agree about Colt.

People always look at Colts size & think Max Hall & forget about Brees also. If McCoys brain isn't still scrambled from the cheapshot Harrison hit, I'm gonna say he has a more productive career than either Skelton or Kolb...but we'll see. I still say Colt is smarter & the gunslinger that none of the Cards QB's are.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05