If Plummer were available at a reasonable cost for next year, would you sign him?

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Yeah, we'll work out a 3 way trade. We send King back to Tampa, they send Griese back to Denver, and Denver sends Plummer back to us. While we're at it, let's get rid of free agency and instant replay, and jump in a time machine to travel back to 1947 when we won it all.....

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Plummer would certainly have to shave all that crap off of his face before I would even entertain the idea. He looked like the wolf man the other night on TV.

As many a bone-head decisions he made while with the Cardinals, he still would be better than anything we presently have. Also, my Plummer jersey could become wearable again.

However, I certainly would prefer to look at other options, i.e. Drew Brees, before I brought Jake back.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Only

if the NFL increases the roster for a relief QB, then Jake is great for the last two minutes. He is a NFL version of the relief pitcher.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
DieHardFromMO said:
Plummer would certainly have to shave all that crap off of his face before I would even entertain the idea. He looked like the wolf man the other night on TV.

As many a bone-head decisions he made while with the Cardinals, he still would be better than anything we presently have. Also, my Plummer jersey could become wearable again.

However, I certainly would prefer to look at other options, i.e. Drew Brees, before I brought Jake back.
Did you see when he just had a mustache? He looked like a ******** Jeff Foxworthy.

cdex99

Registered
Reaction score
After the way he played against San Diego, no way! I had flash backs from a couple of years ago and am glad he's gone.

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Syracusecards said:
Did you see when he just had a mustache? He looked like a ******** Jeff Foxworthy.

Yes, I did see him with the mustache look only. It was pretty goofy looking on him.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score

low dollars, backup only.
He's still not a legit starter - he's been living off of the Donkoes O-line, running game, and decent defense.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
andikrist said:
low dollars, backup only.
He's still not a legit starter - he's been living off of the Donkoes O-line, running game, and decent defense.

:stupid:

Rocco

All Star
Reaction score
Absolutely not.

If he is available next year, it will be for one reason only - the Bronco's don't believe he can lead them to - and win - the Super Bowl.

Winning the Super Bowl is the real goal here. Why should we settle for less?

cdex99

Registered
Reaction score
BIGDADDY_REDBIRD said:
Let's bring back coach Mac too while we're at it!!! :D :D :D :D

aaahh nevermind!!! :shrug:
You mean we'd get Marmie back as D-Coordinator!!!

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
My understanding is that Plummer is growing the hair and beard to honor Pat Tillman.

Imagine the press that would get if they end up in the Super Bowl.

He's a class act.

I'd love to get him back, thought he shouldn't have left.

But I realize the well here has been poisoned, and I'm sick of UofA fans bad mouthing him because Jake and Tilly's team killed them.

DRVNFAST

Homey don't play that!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, the sign says "no fishing from the throwback pond."

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lex said:
My understanding is that Plummer is growing the hair and beard to honor Pat Tillman.

Imagine the press that would get if they end up in the Super Bowl.

He's a class act.

I'd love to get him back, thought he shouldn't have left.

But I realize the well here has been poisoned, and I'm sick of UofA fans bad mouthing him because Jake and Tilly's team killed them.

Huh? Jake said he is growing the beard because he can now that he's a man. Longer hair maybe to honor Pat but he's told the Denver media several times now the beard is because it's getting cold, and because he can grow one now. There's even a thread on the freak board about Jake should shave, if he's doing it to honor Pat, not even Bronco fans are aware of it.

If he's doing it to get press, he should tell people that's why he's doing it.

Reaction score
pete said:
If Plummer were available at a reasonable cost for next year, would you sign him?

I'll answer your question with a question...

Why?

On another note:
cdex99 said:
You mean we'd get Marmie back as D-Coordinator!!!
No, there's no way that would happen... he is doing such a great job in St. Louie that they would never let him go! :p

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Russ-

I've heard the Plummer tribute to Tillman story about the hair a number of times.

The last time I heard it was this morning, when Jurecki and Bickley had thier new Cardinals reporter on the radio show.

Jason Starkey.

They asked him a bunch of questions about Jake, due to the Sharpe quotes in the news recently. He said Jake is growing the beard in a tribute to Tillman since the NFL wouldn't let him wear the #40 sticker. He was also asked about the wedding in Hawaii, and Starkey said that issue was personal, but his ex-fiancee has moved on, and is doing fine. (as if anyone should even care about something as far from football as this issue.)

Fran Tarkington left the Vikings, played a couple years for the Giants, and then returned to the Vikings in the 60's.

How did that work out?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Lex said:
Fran Tarkington left the Vikings, played a couple years for the Giants, and then returned to the Vikings in the 60's.

How did that work out?

That's hilarious. But I would expect you to compare Joke Plummer to a Hall of Famer and nine time Pro Bowler.

And give me a break about UofA fans organizing the anti-Jake bandwagon. Even objective ASU fans realize Jake sucks ass only that is sucking happens to be less than what we currently have. Memo to Lex: It's not 1996 and this is the NFL, not the Pac-10.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lex said:
Russ-

I've heard the Plummer tribute to Tillman story about the hair a number of times.

The last time I heard it was this morning, when Jurecki and Bickley had thier new Cardinals reporter on the radio show.

Jason Starkey.

They asked him a bunch of questions about Jake, due to the Sharpe quotes in the news recently. He said Jake is growing the beard in a tribute to Tillman since the NFL wouldn't let him wear the #40 sticker. He was also asked about the wedding in Hawaii, and Starkey said that issue was personal, but his ex-fiancee has moved on, and is doing fine. (as if anyone should even care about something as far from football as this issue.)

How did that work out?

Interesting, I would think if he's trying to raise awareness he'd be more public about it. On the Sunday game with the Chargers they asked him before the game why the beard and he said "It's a man thing, I'm a man now, I can grow one, it's cold, so I'm growing a beard." That was one of their "in depth" sideline reports.

I have total respect for the way Jake has handled the whole situation since Pat's death, if the beard is related to that, I wish he'd tell people so they stop calling him mountain man.

I don't think Jake is leaving Denver, I just think he won't get that bonus, they're going to renegotiate his deal so he stays, but with far less caphit. Jake isn't dumb, he realizes there's a reason he's had by far his 2 best years playing there, he realizes the rest of the NFL knows it too, and that will be enough incentive for him to work out a deal to stay there.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Interesting, I would think if he's trying to raise awareness he'd be more public about it. On the Sunday game with the Chargers they asked him before the game why the beard and he said "It's a man thing, I'm a man now, I can grow one, it's cold, so I'm growing a beard." That was one of their "in depth" sideline reports.

I have total respect for the way Jake has handled the whole situation since Pat's death, if the beard is related to that, I wish he'd tell people so they stop calling him mountain man.

I don't think Jake is leaving Denver, I just think he won't get that bonus, they're going to renegotiate his deal so he stays, but with far less caphit. Jake isn't dumb, he realizes there's a reason he's had by far his 2 best years playing there, he realizes the rest of the NFL knows it too, and that will be enough incentive for him to work out a deal to stay there.

I firmly believe that if they had a relief QB type of player in the NFL Jake would be awesome at that.

It would be the opposite of relief pitchers in baseball but that makes sense the pitcher is a defensive player and Jake is offensive... no pun intended.

He'd be perfect if you were down by two scores in the fourth quarter he comes in otherwise he's riding the exercise bike.

When he came in you'd just unleash him without any restrictions just tell him to play ball and win the game.

Reaction score
Tarkington's second term with the Vikings was from 1971-1978.

I agree with Mao on this... Jake / Tarkington - no basis for comparision!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
I firmly believe that if they had a relief QB type of player in the NFL Jake would be awesome at that.

It would be the opposite of relief pitchers in baseball but that makes sense the pitcher is a defensive player and Jake is offensive... no pun intended.

He'd be perfect if you were down by two scores in the fourth quarter he comes in otherwise he's riding the exercise bike.

When he came in you'd just unleash him without any restrictions just tell him to play ball and win the game.

Oddly Jake has NOT been captain comeback in Denver. I think he has 1 or 2 comeback wins there, one the Cleveland game last year he threw a pick LB dropped it. Next play Lelie makes a spectacular diving catch on a deep throw and they go on to win in OT. They've blown 2 potential comeback wins this year fumbling to lose to Jax, and having a FG blocked to lose 2 weeks ago.

There's a thread on the Denver board right now that's titled something like I thought Jake was supposed to be AWESOME in the 4th quarter, isn't that why we signed him?

It's a lot easier to be captain comeback when you're always behind than when you're on a good team that's usually ahead.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Agreed. Plus, the teams Denver trails by a few TDs are generally better than the teams Jaks closed defecits with while on the Cardinals. The comeback is an overrated stat. A great QB keeping pace with another great team is much preferable to a medium QB who throws a lot of touchdowns against poor defenses in meaningless games.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05