I'm drained

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
having low expectations is a COP-OUT?! It's REALITY BASED. i expect the losing to continue because I have yet to see otherwise.

You expect greatness FOR NO APPPARENT REASON - that doesn't make sense to me.

You know who I expected greatness from? Amare Stoudemire going into last season - you know why? Because he SHOWED me the ability to be great - thus, when he went down I WAS CRUSHED - HOPES DASHED - but there was a reason for it. Just as there's a reason for my expectations on this team.

To say it's a cop out not to expect anything from a team which has been miserable for 50 years is ridiculous and an insult IMO.

on second thoiught, it's not an insult,. just a total headscratcher.

Clif, don't people who have continully let you down in the past have to PROVE SOMETHING to you before you believe in them again and not only prove something once, but show that's it's not just a fluke and that things actually ARE different?

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
having low expectations is a COP-OUT?! It's REALITY BASED. i expect the losing to continue because I have yet to see otherwise.

You know who I expected greatness from? Amare Stoudemire going into last season - you know why? Because he SHOWED me the ability to be great - thus, when he went down I WAS CRUSHED - HOPES DASHED - but there was a reason for it. Just as there's a reason for my expectations on this team.

To say it's a cop out not to expect anything from a team which has been miserable for 50 years is ridiculous and an insult IMO.

I expect greatness, because that is what I pay for when I dole out thousands of dollars. I expect them to live up to the millions of dollars they make. I expect them to act like the give a damn and are proud of the fact that they get to play a game for a living. I expect them to respresent themselves and this community in a positive light. I expect them to win football games and not be satisfied with anything less.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score

So by this logic, Fitz, Boldin, Edge have not shown you the ability to be great? The new stadium and eventual revenue streams does not give you hope that this team will finally go oppisite of there 50 year history? We got players that did great elsewhere, we got coaches that did great elsewhere, we have a new stadium that is the best in the world...everything is looking up and you say we expect greatness for no apparent reason? We actually have a reason this year. We should be good. The season is still young. When the real knashing of teeth begins 6 weeks from now, I hope we are all able to not have to participate because our team is finding greatness by Cardinal standards, maybe a playoff, or at least a 500 season. I think your insulating yourself or buffering for a crushing blow by "Your Team" that lets you down is the real insult.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
on second thoiught, it's not an insult,. just a total headscratcher.

Clif, don't people who have continully let you down in the past have to PROVE SOMETHING to you before you believe in them again and not only prove something once, but show that's it's not just a fluke and that things actually ARE different?

Of course. Like kids you realize their mistakes but you never stop believing that they will eventually learn and grow out of their childish ways.

In many ways I am expecting this organization to grow up and play like the big boys. That all starts with getting on a level playing field..IE having a money making venue such as Cardinals stadium.

Twist18

Registered
Reaction score
Such "young fans" on this board.;) I remember watching the Cards-Redskins on a B & W TV in 1975. Those years of Air Coryell put me into a life of misery known as the Cardinals.

Rats

Reaction score
Such "young fans" on this board.;) I remember watching the Cards-Redskins on a B & W TV in 1975. Those years of Air Coryell put me into a life of misery known as the Cardinals.

Rave on Twister.....those grainy black and whites and moving the antenna around to get a Monday night game to come in are priceless and lost on many:thumbup:

Vito

Reaction score
I'm 50 yrs old and am going to freaking DIE and NEVER see this team SNIFF the Super Bowl.

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember watching the Cardinals when they were good! Man, that was a long time ago...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I expect greatness, because that is what I pay for when I dole out thousands of dollars. I expect them to live up to the millions of dollars they make. I expect them to act like the give a damn and are proud of the fact that they get to play a game for a living. I expect them to respresent themselves and this community in a positive light. I expect them to win football games and not be satisfied with anything less.

we're talking about the Cardinals, right?

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember watching the Cardinals when they were good! Man, that was a long time ago...

Even then they were only good, just good, not great, not pound you into the ground good, just good.

We've never been dominant good, that's sad.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So by this logic, Fitz, Boldin, Edge have not shown you the ability to be great?

three guys out of 53 does not make a team.

The new stadium and eventual revenue streams does not give you hope that this team will finally go oppisite of there 50 year history?

That hope was dashed when this team is woefully thin at positions of need LAST SEASON weren't addressed THIS SEASON while we still have the second most cap room available in the league.

We got players that did great elsewhere, we got coaches that did great elsewhere, we have a new stadium that is the best in the world...everything is looking up and you say we expect greatness for no apparent reason?

I don't care what guys did great elsewhere when they haven't played that way with us - Warner ain't what he was, Ross has been a disappointment, Okeafor is MIA as is Berry this season, Macklin has been benched and even deactivated and on and on... Edge is the only one who is currently lived up to his billing but he needs a line to run in front of him.

As far as great coaches from elsewhere - again - the past is in the past and what we've seen of those "great coaches" HERE is far from what we've seen in the past.

We actually have a reason this year. We should be good. The season is still young. When the real knashing of teeth begins 6 weeks from now, I hope we are all able to not have to participate because our team is finding greatness by Cardinal standards, maybe a playoff, or at least a 500 season. I think your insulating yourself or buffering for a crushing blow by "Your Team" that lets you down is the real insult.

I don't knwo what make your reallyeven saying above, but I'll say this - I was excited when we got DG - I even supported the QB merry go round in season one and I saw improvement - then last year, I actually HAD HIGH expectations and what happened? We were the Cardinals... as usual. Sorry, but fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Until DG actually provides a reason ON THE FIELD why we shoudl actually be good, there's no reason to believe or hope that it will happen.

Rats

Reaction score
Even then they were only good, just good, not great, not pound you into the ground good, just good.

We've never been dominant good, that's sad.

I think you better check your facts, I seem to remember beating a Cowboy team twice in the season they won a Super Bowl in 71 and we beat them soundly. We could never get going in the short season of the playoffs but we had some really great teams, and could not defeat a lousy Rams team, or a Viking team at playoff time.

Rats

Reaction score
three guys out of 53 does not make a team.

That hope was dashed when this team is woefully thin at positions of need LAST SEASON weren't addressed THIS SEASON while we still have the second most cap room available in the league.

I don't care what guys did great elsewhere when they haven't played that way with us - Warner ain't what he was, Ross has been a disappointment, Okeafor is MIA as is Berry this season, Macklin has been benched and even deactivated and on and on... Edge is the only one who is currently lived up to his billing but he needs a line to run in front of him.

As far as great coaches from elsewhere - again - the past is in the past and what we've seen of those "great coaches" HERE is far from what we've seen in the past.

I don't knwo what make your reallyeven saying above, but I'll say this - I was excited when we got DG - I even supported the QB merry go round in season one and I saw improvement - then last year, I actually HAD HIGH expectations and what happened? We were the Cardinals... as usual. Sorry, but fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Until DG actually provides a reason ON THE FIELD why we shoudl actually be good, there's no reason to believe or hope that it will happen.

Sorry Cheese, this ain't Star Wars, and Lienart ain't Obe Won, Now Kurt he might be OLD BEN KONOBI but I am sure there is no relation, we would have to check on that. Hanging your hat on Leinart starting in week 4 is total desperation IMO and because Warner fumbled up and upset the apple cart is no reason to throw the season away when you have players with the talent that we have. I am in the camp that we wait and see if Warner can bounce back. We have players that know it is a long season and things can turn fast. I will continue to believe we can get things going and turned around before the bye.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I think you better check your facts, I seem to remember beating a Cowboy team twice in the season they won a Super Bowl in 71 and we beat them soundly. We could never get going in the short season of the playoffs but we had some really great teams, and could not defeat a lousy Rams team, or a Viking team at playoff time.

What part of not great do you not understand?

I think the first requirement of a great team would be to win a playoff game, without that you're not even in that category which was my point.

Do you think about what you type or just spew stuff onto a keyboard?

Rats

Reaction score
What part of not great do you not understand?

I think the first requirement of a great team would be to win a playoff game, without that you're not even in that category which was my point.

Do you think about what you type or just spew stuff onto a keyboard?

Easy Killer, I think we have different definitions of great. You subscribe to how many Super Bowls and playoffs that you have won and I look at some of the really great teams that could not become Elite teams by winning a short season ,one game and your out, playoff and or Super Bowl. I would not consider the 98 team a truly great team except that they got into the playoffs by the skin of there teeth and then played lights out in the playoff game they won. I do not think many feel they were that great except that they gave us our lone ray of playoff hope.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yep, I think we were 6-0 or 7-0 at the start that year.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The sad thing is that we're posting all these threads in the third year under Denny Green. I am becoming more convinced every week that Green has lost it and that Mitch and Shane were right about him.

Next week the Cards are the NFL's make up to the Falcons for Atlanta having to take the first game back in New Orleans and things will get worse.

Maybe I'll just go back and read about the three consecutive shutouts the team hung on opponents culminated by the 38-0 thrashing of the Cowboys on Monday night football in 1970.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05