I'm scared about the game against the Chiefs.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It took him 30 carries to get 101 yards against the niners. Not really that worried about it.

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
I'm more worried about the protection for Leinart.

AJ:

Me, too, and not just this week. Those who ask how much worse this season can get may find out, if some team's DE gets a clean shot at Leinart after Davis or Ross whiffs on a key block.

:stick:

WC

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It took him 30 carries to get 101 yards against the niners. Not really that worried about it.

you do realize that in 3 out 4 games, we've allowed teams to go way above their rushing offense averages, right?

he's going to maul us.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ummm...How did the Niners do against the Cards rushing attack? Maybe the Niners run D isn't nearly as bad as people think?

Johnson might get 150 or more against the Cards if they play like they did against ATL.

You should be very worried about it.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He'll run for 6 yards a carry against this sad tackling team.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NOT. WORRIED. ABOUT. IT.

More worried about our oline opening holes and protecting the QB.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you do realize that in 3 out 4 games, we've allowed teams to go way above their rushing offense averages, right?

he's going to maul us.

Well, then I wouldn't worry at all about LJ and be more concerned with his backup.

Because....we have faced some of the NFL's leading rushers thus far and held them fairly well. We are KILLED by backup running backs (and screen passes to the RB).

SF: Gore (6th ranked back) got 87 on us, 120+ on the rams and then got hurt and put up 52 and 65. He killed us in the passing game, however (this will be a trend).

Seattle: Alexander is not even in the top 30 this year...he got 89 against us in his high for the year. His backup hurt us bad.

Rams: On the ground, Steven Jackson (2nd ranked back in NFL) only gained 62 yards on us, and he got 81, 121 and 103 against the other teams. However he killed us in the passing game to the tune of 61 yards.

Atlanta: With two of the top five running backs in the league in Dunn and RB/QB Vick (numbers 3 and 5 respectively) we STILL didn't yield either's highest output. Vick killed us with 101 yards, but he put up 127 against TB and 48 & 57 in his other two games. Dunn had his second worst game against us...at 55 yards. His low is 44 yards and his other two games were 132 and 134.

LJ is coming in at the 10th best in the L (Edge is ranked 14th, FYI) though he's only had 3 games. 68, 126 and 101. Look for LJ to get between 75-110 yards given the way we've played against the other top backs in the league.

SO....if we want to go trends here, you shouldn't worry about LJ and instead be worried about #42 Ronnie Cruz who might finish the game with 70 yards and a touchdown. And LJ is a damn good receiver out of the backfield, so he's going to KILL us there.

We aren't as bad as everyone would like to think against starting running backs, but we are allowing them to gash us to death with short passes.

So LJ in the air and backups on the ground will kill us. But I'm no more worried about LJ than any other running back, given as we've faced 4 of the top 6 backs already.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Great....so we are going to get humiliated by his backup then. I feel better.

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
I'm scared that Larry Johnson is going to rush for 350 yards. And score 5 tds.

But at least when he reaches that at half time, the Chiefs may show the MERCY RULE and then Michael Bennett can come in with fresh legs and lots of speed and continue the slaughter...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm more worried about the protection for Leinart.

Leinart should be able to get some shotgun action. So that should give him an extra second to get rid of the ball.

:(

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Leinart should be able to get some shotgun action. So that should give him an extra second to get rid of the ball.

:(

Do you remember who is playing C? Are you sure you want him doing shotgun snaps all game long?

We do that we might set the record for fumbles

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you remember who is playing C? Are you sure you want him doing shotgun snaps all game long?

We do that we might set the record for fumbles

Can't we put Hodel in there? He can't be more of a turnstyle than Step has been, and at least we know he can snap back to 15 yards.

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
Well, then I wouldn't worry at all about LJ and be more concerned with his backup.

Because....we have faced some of the NFL's leading rushers thus far and held them fairly well. We are KILLED by backup running backs (and screen passes to the RB).

SF: Gore (6th ranked back) got 87 on us, 120+ on the rams and then got hurt and put up 52 and 65. He killed us in the passing game, however (this will be a trend).

Seattle: Alexander is not even in the top 30 this year...he got 89 against us in his high for the year. His backup hurt us bad.

Rams: On the ground, Steven Jackson (2nd ranked back in NFL) only gained 62 yards on us, and he got 81, 121 and 103 against the other teams. However he killed us in the passing game to the tune of 61 yards.

Atlanta: With two of the top five running backs in the league in Dunn and RB/QB Vick (numbers 3 and 5 respectively) we STILL didn't yield either's highest output. Vick killed us with 101 yards, but he put up 127 against TB and 48 & 57 in his other two games. Dunn had his second worst game against us...at 55 yards. His low is 44 yards and his other two games were 132 and 134.

LJ is coming in at the 10th best in the L (Edge is ranked 14th, FYI) though he's only had 3 games. 68, 126 and 101. Look for LJ to get between 75-110 yards given the way we've played against the other top backs in the league.

SO....if we want to go trends here, you shouldn't worry about LJ and instead be worried about #42 Ronnie Cruz who might finish the game with 70 yards and a touchdown. And LJ is a damn good receiver out of the backfield, so he's going to KILL us there.

We aren't as bad as everyone would like to think against starting running backs, but we are allowing them to gash us to death with short passes.

So LJ in the air and backups on the ground will kill us. But I'm no more worried about LJ than any other running back, given as we've faced 4 of the top 6 backs already.

I just wanted to point out some things in your post.

Ronnie Cruz is our fullback. Our 2nd string running back is Michael Bennett. If he doesn't play then it's Dee Brown.

You mentioned Larry Johnson only getting 101 rushing yards against the 49ers. (With our starting left tackle out mind you. Turley was replaced by Jordan Black, who is terrible in my opinion) The reason for only 101 rushing yards is because the 49ers played in a 4-4 defense nearly all game. This allowed Damon Huard our BACKUP QB picked apart the secondary. How is the Cardinal's secondary going to do against KC?

Also, A few weeks before, Denver put 8 and sometimes 9 guys in the box against LJ. He still got 126 yards.

You aren't going to stop LJ. I predict about 150 yards from him and at least 1 TD.

I'm anxious to see Leinart make his first start, as I do like him. You guys picked up a great QB.

I hope it's a good game and that nobody on either team gets injured.

P.S. The cardinals jerseys are sweet.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Backup RB's kill us. Who was that guy? Goings, I think, who had half his career TD's in one game against the Cards.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or Brock Forsey!

oh good lord - was he the white backup RB for the Kordell Stewart led Bears team that rushed for 150 and we lost 28-3? I think it was after that game that I decided to get something out of the Cardinals and get myself out of a depression from being broke. Thus, I took my unemployment check, drove to Vegas at 4 in the a.m. for the next road game and laid 600 against us when we played the Niners with a -14 spread - after the first 8 minutes the game was 21-0, we lost 50-14. Ah, good times.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Backup RB's kill us. Who was that guy? Goings, I think, who had half his career TD's in one game against the Cards.

Jerious Norwood is not a Brock Forsey or Nick Goings though. I told you guys last Monday that he's going to be a big time back in the NFL. He slid under the radar playing for a horrible Mississippi St. team. It was confirmed to me that Atlanta knew they had struck the jackpot with Norwood when they traded Duckett.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh good lord - was he the white backup RB for the Kordell Stewart led Bears team that rushed for 150 and we lost 28-3? I think it was after that game that I decided to get something out of the Cardinals and get myself out of a depression from being broke. Thus, I took my unemployment check, drove to Vegas at 4 in the a.m. for the next road game and laid 600 against us when we played the Niners with a -14 spread - after the first 8 minutes the game was 21-0, we lost 50-14. Ah, good times.

See, this season still has a ways to go to reach the low points of that year.

Thanks, cheese! :D

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05