im still not even worried

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Give up? no I would cheer on the suns even if they lost 60 games a year, but this series is over just the way I see it.

Exactly. There is a big difference in giving up on a team and recognizing that they lost this series. Friday night, I'm gonna be watching the game, cheering for the Suns, and I'll do the same the game after, until Suns are eliminated. But the fact is that this series is over. You just can't beat San Antonio 4 times in 5 games, with your starter being hurt, and your bench playing on a level of a girls middle school team.

Reaction score
Exactly. There is a big difference in giving up on a team and recognizing that they lost this series. Friday night, I'm gonna be watching the game, cheering for the Suns, and I'll do the same the game after, until Suns are eliminated. But the fact is that this series is over. You just can't beat San Antonio 4 times in 5 games, with your starter being hurt, and your bench playing on a level of a girls middle school team.
x2...the suns dug themselves too deep of a hole. I will keep cheering until we finally lose. Hell Im going to be there for game 4. Phoenix needs a miracle at this point :(

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
- Raja was brought in to be the Manu-stopper? Grade: FAIL. Show a little nads and make them play you on D for once. Take the ball to the hole and finish strong for once in your life.

some of what you type i agree with, and others not so much. but if you really want raja to take it to the hole and finish strong you just don't know much about raja. he has TERRIBLE ballhandling skills. no, make that NO ballhandling skills. to have him put the ball on the floor is to invite the turnover. and he has no explosive ability. he's not an athlete. or didn't you see that embarrassing missed layup attempt he had in the first half last night? unfortunately he is what he is, a streaky spot up shooter that plays good defense when he's in optimal condition. unfortunately his age when coupled with injuries suffered this season, seem to have caught up with him. but what you're calling for just doesn't exist.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

i echo all these sentiments.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've been following the Suns since 1984 (passionately since about 1988). When the Suns went down 0-2 against the Lakers in the early 90's was the last time I really felt confident the Suns could crawl out of the hole (and they did). This season is just another gut punch in a long line of disappointments

sunsallday

Registered
Reaction score
The Suns have everything to lose. If they get eliminated in the first round, the SHAQ trade will be considered a failure, and a chance of winning a championship in 09 will become very slim because of the further strengthening of the western conference and the Celtics becoming more experienced and a possibly new fresh Miami team.

They must come out with fire or they are ****ed for a very long time.

Do or die. This is a uphill battle.

Bong

Registered
Reaction score
I think the Spurs are more vulnerable than ever and they know it. Once Stoudemire, Shaq and Nash decide to step up and play, the momentum of Friday night's 50 point win will be so devastating the Spurs won't even want to show up on Sunday or any future game.

SScarrJ

Reaction score
What makes you guys think Phoenix is going to win 2 games in a row? Their home record the past 2 series vs San Antonio is 1-5. The Spurs know game 3 is a kill shot, they will come in more focused than any other game this series.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
The Suns are the only team in the NBA that hasn't lost 3 games in a row this year. They win Friday and Sunday and the series is tied by the end of the week.

Sure, it doesn't look good, but there is still plenty of reason to have faith.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Forgot about the 3 games in a row think Darth, good point. Hopefully we can win these two and make this series interesting again.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
What makes you guys think Phoenix is going to win 2 games in a row? Their home record the past 2 series vs San Antonio is 1-5. The Spurs know game 3 is a kill shot, they will come in more focused than any other game this series.

We beat them at home after the Shaq trade, that's all that matters. This is completely different team than in the past.

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
I think the Spurs are more vulnerable than ever and they know it. Once Stoudemire, Shaq and Nash decide to step up and play, the momentum of Friday night's 50 point win will be so devastating the Spurs won't even want to show up on Sunday or any future game.

Are you even watching this series????

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That IS giving up on your team! By saying the series is over when the Spurs have only won two games IS giving in. I'm not saying you aren't a Suns fan or that you wouldn't support them even if they sucked but it is still giving up.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Suns are the only team in the NBA that hasn't lost 3 games in a row this year. They win Friday and Sunday and the series is tied by the end of the week.

Sure, it doesn't look good, but there is still plenty of reason to have faith.
We need Paul Westphal to make a guarantee!

OP
OP
P

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
it might just me but i'd still think the suns could pull out the series if they were even down 3-0..

i guess i'm a different type of fan that you all..

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05