Is it safe to say players duck the Suns?

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
No biggie. Appears to be a misunderstanding. I apologize for insulting your b-ball skills.

:thumbup:

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy guys. No need to cannabolize our own. (Forgive the spelling)

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
You can debate the motives all day the fact is that 18 All Stars have missed games against the Suns. That number seems a bit high to be attributed to coincidence.

Somebody needs to conduct a thorough investigation.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You can debate the motives all day the fact is that 18 All Stars have missed games against the Suns. That number seems a bit high to be attributed to coincidence.

It definitely is strange, but I just can't for the life of me find any circumstance in any professional sport of any player taking a game off simply because of fear. If that is indeed true, then the only logical explanation is that we just coincidentally (and maybe luckily) came upon teams in their worst injury time periods.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe it's just the basketball gods alligning all the stars in our favor. Either that or Sarver is more wealthy then we all ever imagined.

:notworthy

TheFallen49

Veteran
Reaction score
Well now, this is getting confusing. You said earlier you were just here because we were "cluttering up your board."

I guess it's possible you're here because you want to talk about the Suns but so far you haven't done anything but point out the negatives we already know. Here's a thought, maybe you could try taking the same approach with the Dallas "homers" and see if they're more appreciative of all those little reminders about their problem areas. You can tell them you're a Mavs fan just looking for a good debate. Maybe you'll get a friendlier response --something more to your liking. I wouldn't count on it, though.

I am here because you are cluttering up our boards, but that doesn't mean I can't have an input on the Suns like your fine comrades have on the Mavericks boards (and believe me, i'm trying to be a lot more civil and expected a lot of hostility). Unlike them however i'm not coming to your board to say things like "Phoenix sucks" "Nash is not the MVP" "You play no defense". I know Phoenix doesn't suck, I know Nash has a legit shot at a third MVP, and I know your style of play forces a lot of TO's which I guess is a defense in it's own right.

Really what can I say? I'm a pessimist. I can tell you quite a few things wrong with Dallas. As far as you already knowing your negatives, that's terrific... then why are we arguing about it? I was simply pointing them out because I didn't know how many members wear rose colored glasses on this board and I don't think I said anything particularly biased. I'm not attacking your team, and i'm not overly sensitive if you want to bash mine... but if your going to do so make them relevant points and not 'hate' bashing.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
What on earth makes you think that the main posters on this board are the same people trolling Mavs forums?

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
What on earth makes you think that the main posters on this board are the same people trolling Mavs forums?

He doesn't, not for a minute. And someone should help him straighten his halo because it's slipping. He showed up what, two days ago, with a newly minted ID and his first 2-3 posts were designed to promote argument. The poster who countered some of his statements with valid rebuttal was called a "pooch" and accused of eating his own crap in a splendid display of that "civil debate" he claims to be looking for, so he shot himself in the foot there.

Unfortunately I'm in the group who bothered to respond to him. Sorry about that.

TheFallen49

Veteran
Reaction score
He doesn't, not for a minute. And someone should help him straighten his halo because it's slipping. He showed up what, two days ago, with a newly minted ID and his first 2-3 posts were designed to promote argument. The poster who countered some of his statements with valid rebuttal was called a "pooch" and accused of eating his own crap in a splendid display of that "civil debate" he claims to be looking for, so he shot himself in the foot there.

Unfortunately I'm in the group who bothered to respond to him. Sorry about that.

Yeah, pooch... get it like a dog? Like his screen name? Ah well nevermind, someone can't take a joke (only used to try and refrain the hostility and misguided initial anger at the Mavericks for no reason). What exactly is a message board for if not discussing differences on how you perceive a team? Was I trying to start an "argument" or debate? It's clear your looking for any excuse whatsoever to make yourselves feel that anyone other than a Suns fan does not belong here so I guess my comment upset you SO greatly I am not welcome. It's tough being a Dallas fan I guess... thanks for the hospitality, I wonder what the repsonse would have been if I said I was a Suns fan.

I know for a fact the trolls came from your boards, they have the same screen names on each forum. Does it matter? Not really. I just wanted to find a nice active Suns board.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Maybe it's just the basketball gods alligning all the stars in our favor. Either that or Sarver is more wealthy then we all ever imagined.

:notworthy

If he's that rich why doesn't he just buy us another quality player to fill out the rotation.